Sign in to follow this  
Mith

Hot air, and the definision of never

Actually you do if you expect to be taken seriously, if you don't care about being taken seriously then continue to make such vapid white noise outbursts.

You seriously need to have it explained to you why allowing Wild transfers to Epic is a bad idea?

Yes, If you say it's a bad idea then you need to explain why not just say it is a bad idea. A condescending tone and smug attitude are not sufficient and usually are used in the absence of any actual arguments in a poor attempt to stifle the conversation that you do not want to continue.

From what i understand, any good wild pvp character would crush nearly every single character on epic at the moment. That and having really good enchants, armor, weps would give a huge advantage to those who have old wild characters to transfer. It would basically defeat the purpose of the clean slate on epic.

Actually you do if you expect to be taken seriously, if you don't care about being taken seriously then continue to make such vapid white noise outbursts.

You seriously need to have it explained to you why allowing Wild transfers to Epic is a bad idea?

Yes, If you say it's a bad idea then you need to explain why not just say it is a bad idea. A condescending tone and smug attitude are not sufficient and usually are used in the absence of any actual arguments in a poor attempt to stifle the conversation that you do not want to continue.

From what i understand, any good wild pvp character would crush nearly every single character on epic at the moment. That and having really good enchants, armor, weps would give a huge advantage to those who have old wild characters to transfer. It would basically defeat the purpose of the clean slate on epic.

This is a true statement but given the rapid skill development on epic and the allegedly low number of wild characters split across JKH MRH and HOTsH in another month or two months would this effect really be large enough to have any substantial change to epics development? already a large percentage of epic's players are former wild characters and the farther from the server opening date time goes on the closer to the current wild player skill/stats the epic player will be .

BY transfering anything between the wild-freedom servers, to the epic servers, you are mixing water and oil, as the skill gain ratio and skill gain history, are so very different. that is also one of the reasons Freedom and wild are connected.

They should not be able to transfer to Epic.  There have been many changes and many 'windows of opportunity' that older characters have been through.  Those changes have not affected Epic.  They, also, have items that may or may not be available to Epic.  I understand that some items are.  But anyone that comes to Epic should come the same.  With nothing and have it all come from Epic. That is the only way for that area to be a level playing field

The old home server situation was entirely different, wild players shouldn't receive transfers just because old home players did. Come up with a better argument.

the very same situation lol, are you blind or something ??  Rolf decisions > ppl unhappy > map being closed > ppl moved to other map with items

And its not an argument, its just explanation why it would be fair

That's like saying apples and oranges are the same. Are you blind or something? Apples and oranges are not the same, they are similar. Although 'entirely different' may have been a bit much on my part. You might check a dictionary for the words 'same' and 'argument', you seem to misunderstand the meaning of both.

Wild isn't being closed (at least, not yet),

a running server doesnt mean Wild is alive.

It's not dead either, nor closed. Your point is moot.

just because you don't want to be part of the changes that may occur there does not mean you deserve a transfer.

and once again....old homes servers, this what happened then... i will be bringing this all the time, just to show you why it is fair, because the same situation happened bafore, and somehow then it was fair

Again, not the same situation. The Wild servers aren't being opened to PvE madness that will destroy it or alienate it's player base! Not that PvE would be questionable in this instance, since the request is to go to a PvE server, but...

Something that will continue to elude me, why Wild players are so hell-bent on getting transfers.

Im not hell-bent, i dont want it, i dont want to play on freedom. I just see it as a fair solution

Fair enough, difference of opinion.

You're on a PvP server, whereby you can lose all of your items at any time, and you're unwilling to lose your items? Probably should've picked the Freedom isles to begin with, lads.

Oh yea, because pvp server is about possibility of losing items, because of closing maps  ;D

Not sure if that is supposed to be humorous... :/ Haha? The map isn't closing.

They should not be able to transfer to Epic.  There have been many changes and many 'windows of opportunity' that older characters have been through.  Those changes have not affected Epic.  They, also, have items that may or may not be available to Epic.  I understand that some items are.  But anyone that comes to Epic should come the same.  With nothing and have it all come from Epic. That is the only way for that area to be a level playing field

This is fine for now and in the beginning of the server but since the epic server will not be receiving a skill or map reset at the end of each episode in the long term how is it different then the current wild?

How is it anything but a second wild server with a faster skill gain since thus far the mission mechanic is pretty irrelevant?

If Epic were already say 6 months old, with the accelerated skill gain curve how is it different then the same skill aged wild server was other then it's a multi server cluster?

what difference does it make in the long term if there is no actual game mechanical difference between wild and epic besides the skill curve if the wild residents and items were added in 6 months?

Since the epic servers and epic player skills will not be reset and the epic server map will not be reset periodically I fail to see how Epic is anything but a young multi-server version of wild. It's fun and exciting and novel now just as i'm sure wild was when it opened but how are their fates going to turn out to be any different?

Is it really the twigs and farwalker amulets and various other trinkets that killed wild or was it the eventual lifespan of a static PvP server that in wilds case is coming to an end one way or another?

In the long run 3-4-5 months from now it looks like mixing new apples with mature apples in the same apple basket and tossing the worn out basket away.

Some people have 60 in characteristics on Wild, allowing them to transfer over to Wild would be stupid.

2x skill gain just means it will take 2.5 years instead of 5 years of constant grinding to catch up.

Belphegor the wild server and the freedom servers had the same set of, same skill gain, same type of items transfered when JHK closed, the oldest accounts on freedom are from when gold 2 started, same on wild, people have been able to change serves since freedom opned, back and forth. the only difference is the look of avatar, no lib preists  on freedom and freedom being pveonly . as it will always continue to be. I think you are confused by green appels and red apples.

This is a true statement but given the rapid skill development on epic and the allegedly low number of wild characters split across JKH MRH and HOTsH in another month or two months would this effect really be large enough to have any substantial change to epics development? already a large percentage of epic's players are former wild characters and the farther from the server opening date time goes on the closer to the current wild player skill/stats the epic player will be .

The low number may not be that low if all those players that stopped playing on wild would come back to get a high level char over. This brings up the next problem of already duplicted skillsets.

Some body stats apparently are harder to get on epic. Body strength and stamina would offset the balance for a long time. High faith and channeling will probably be rare on epic for some time too.

Belphegor the wild server and the freedom servers had the same set of, same skill gain, same type of items transfered when JHK closed, the oldest accounts on freedom are from when gold 2 started, same on wild, people have been able to change serves since freedom opned, back and forth. the only difference is the look of avatar, no lib preists  on freedom and freedom being pveonly . as it will always continue to be. I think you are confused by green appels and red apples.

Is there something in here that contradicts what I said? Because if there is, I'm missing it. :/

I dont play on Epic as im waiting for "round 3"  however i dont really want to see any of the current wild toons brought over to epic either.  I think this experimental phase of Epic needs to play out its course unhindered as best it can so Rolf and the Dev team can (If needed)  Readjust and possibly revision what it is they actually want Wurm to be.

So as much as I see where your taking the conversation Jo, I think the overall thought should be left to the wayside.  Valid points though.

Myst

The low number may not be that low if all those players that stopped playing on wild would come back to get a high level char over. This brings up the next problem of already duplicted skillsets.

Some body stats apparently are harder to get on epic. Body strength and stamina would offset the balance for a long time. High faith and channeling will probably be rare on epic for some time too.

Exactly  its a dumb idea to even think about allowing transfers to Epic.

Also how many freedom players on Epic now would bail on the server??  because of this type of thing??  A Bunch.

Meh Belphegor, youre keep posting, but never gave even a one argument but only saying "no". Keep trolling. Soon you will get to the conclusion that 2 things cant be the same because they are not 1 thing lol.  MIth`s explanation above cant be more clear, if you wont get it then meh...

Fine, setting aside epic and it's long term development issues. Then i Still think using the same limits for wild characters transfers to freedom as was used for the Home server players transfer to freedom makes the most sense.

300 items of your choice, sail across the server border 1 way and continue on in freedom from there.

This will almost certantly mean that a huge chunk of stuff that could have been liquidated on the freedom server from wild would die on the wild server where they came from. This is an unfortunate but necessary reality.

The freedom server residents have the right to argue and pressure for their own interests in not being used to "Cash out" the years old wild server reaching the end of it's lifespan. 300 of your most valuable/sentimental/unusual/worthless/whatever items and a boat is a fair balance.

I agree that items being moved from Wild to Epic is a terrible idea, not only is there skill differences that would take awhile to close (ie: some would have higher QL items) - on Wild there are various 'unique' items that cannot be remade, for example there is a small handful of WoA/Nimbleness combined weapons - large supplies of unique armor - then there is FW amulets, you really don't want that stuff coming over to Epic.

Fine with a item cap and timed period of moving items from Wild to Freedom, but personally, I feel that if you want Wild to survive longterm it should simply be connected and sailable like the home servers on Epic are (no PvP, of course) - one thing people need to remember is Wild is the only place that Freedom folk can test their characters PvP skills.

I understand and agree that the majority of Freedom players are not entirely interested in moving to a PvP server longterm, but how many would be interested in sailing to Wild for a weekend to see what happens and how they do, then sailing back? It would feel like, to me, something would be missing.

I understand and agree that the majority of Freedom players are not entirely interested in moving to a PvP server longterm, but how many would be interested in sailing to Wild for a weekend to see what happens and how they do, then sailing back? It would feel like, to me, something would be missing.

As much as I am hollering for transfers and blowing the doomsday whistle on Wild Server, and as much as I do feel Wild is essentially just another Chernobyl now - I think your suggestion is worth considering, even if it's a last gasp effort.  I'm tired, man.  Real tired.  Tired of yapping to myself, tired of 9 people on a server on at USA peak times, tired of the prospect I might have to wait another 3-4 months only to have the rug swept out from under us few remaining people losing a lot of items in the process.  The morale crush and soul crushing aspects of being "last man standing" are severe when there's no one on to interact with, and I'm not even a terribly social animal. 

To be entirely clear, not everyone on Wild wants a pass of any sort to Freedom.  Some people will be online Wild right to the point the plug is pulled, and I respect them for it.  The Bald's, the K's, the Caius types, etc.  But:

I would rather at least be able to say "well, we tried to resuscitate the 'ole girl, but she's been DOA for 6 months" and see some attempt at salvage and see them fail rather than not try at all, even if my views are less than optimistic.  I'll be blunt, my answer to "what will revive wild" is essentially "nothing".  I pray I am wrong, this has been my home since Feb. 2008.

I do not want freedom guys to feel there are 100 hungry fiends sitting at the Landing, screaming in Rolf's ear to let us over there with our goodies.  That's false, and I *DO* understand their concerns and hope to give a differing viewpoint in a more eloquent and less abrasive manner than I perhaps have in the last few days.  But I also know if the option is given to allow Freedomers here, not many will take it.  I would hope they would, but I also understand the "I'm from Freedom, why would I go to Wild?" aspect entirely.  I have spent the last year there on an alt, and I also am a "carebear" guy coming from JK H originally, and I know Wild has a bad rap to these guys.  I hope if things are opened up they come check it out, even if it is only to say "yeah, I went to Wild, it sucks".  At least efforts were made, you know?

Is your idea worth a shot?  Hell, why not.  That being said, I've seen a few guys now return to wild from Epic, just for a change of pace.  Perhaps that will occur more than I thought and help the playerbase/numbers situation. 

I have no idea how many if any significant amount of freedom players would be interested in visiting wild should it be attached to the freedom cluster. While not particularly interested in wurm's PvP mechanics I can say that I would probably visit depending on the situation there just to have a look around at the place and see how wurm's landscape can look after a significant amount of time has been played on them. To see the banner deeds of each of the kingdoms as well as to just see a huge map.

It's almost like wandering through some of the simi abandoned internal core of Independence in the weeks after the opening of Deli and Exodus. The ruins and soon the be ruins can be interesting to see as it provides a more intimate look without the owner standing right there demanding to know why your peeping at them/killing you.

That being said i'd still wager that there would be little renewed interest in PvP on wild from freedom players access. The biggest issue broadly for alot that i've heard from is the mechanic of fighting in wurm is just not fun.

I've read this thread and I'm sorry for how it seems most of wild feels.

Before you start, I used to play wild a while ago as a Premium player before having to stop due to education and the fact I was unable to afford prem. I was truely gutted at what I had lost and when I had time had to try out the Free Server due to not paying for Prem, again this made me quit because I had lost everything and I was nowhere near the abilities of anyone else (That and I couldn't kill people anymore.)

When I heard of Epic I couldn't wait and sure enough I came back to test it out and I'm loving it so far, bringing your items and skills over would unbalance it and make it unfair on others, again, I'm sorry if Wild is dying and that you've lost what you've worked for but if you wish to come over to Epic, you stick it out like everyone else and work at it.

I think a fresh start in Wurm is always an interesting one and it's not like you'll be stuck grinding for weeks, you can gain alot of the skills quickly but it will be at the same rate as everyone else.

-Skiy

read the thread again, moving items or anything else from wild to epic is the last thing wilders are asking for.

read the thread again, moving items or anything else from wild to epic is the last thing wilders are asking for.

One of my first posts and I make myself look like an idiot for missing a few words -.-

If its for Freedom, why is there a problem? -.-

One of my first posts and I make myself look like an idiot for missing a few words -.-

If its for Freedom, why is there a problem? -.-

The perceived problem is that there will be too much equipment brought over.  Some of it being highly valuable.

The reality is that there will be a lot of things brought over, but most people who have seriously considered allowing Wild -> Freedom item transfer agree that it would be both acceptable and fair to set transfer limits, similar to what Home server evacuees were allowed to carry over through Wild to Freedom during that migration.

The perceived problem is that there will be too much equipment brought over.  Some of it being highly valuable.

The reality is that there will be a lot of things brought over, but most people who have seriously considered allowing Wild -> Freedom item transfer agree that it would be both acceptable and fair to set transfer limits, similar to what Home server evacuees were allowed to carry over through Wild to Freedom during that migration.

I'm just gonna give my percepective on this.. It should just be allowed that Wild players all get a chest or something to put equipment into which will transfer over to Freedom and will be destroyed a month later (Just the Chest) so it allows ya'll to carry as much as you want and put anything into this chest and you can bring it over.

Face it, if all the Wild players did move to Freedom then they're gonna be disheartened about starting again and if they do carry on all that "equipment" and items will eventually litter the area anyways, the only things that wont will be items that were rewards or that they paid for which they should KEEP. Any Freedoms QQing about it should give it a rest and let it happen.