Sign in to follow this  
Protunia

I see how it is lock up EPIC forum...

The only one looking like an idiot in this thread is Protunia, but nothing new there.

Also why do you write epic as EPIC all the time?

I don't.

The only one looking like an idiot in this thread is Protunia, but nothing new there.

Also why do you write epic as EPIC all the time?

I don't.

Thats intended to protunia but he already answered that question

I'm pretty sure it was added to keep people specifically like you to stop commenting on things they're not even involved in, and much less know about.

Problem is, how do you know if somebody plays on epic a lot or not? Right now if you want access to the epic section you just go to a portal, move over to epic and request it, then move back once you are done?

Moving between Freedom and Epic takes seconds and can be done as often as you want, the barrier between the two is nearly non-existant in game. Any account with access to Freedom has access to Epic and can switch between the two with  ease. The only real barrier between Epic and Freedom exists on the forums right now, that just makes no sense  :o

I think it's kind of pointless and a bit over protective to lock up the Epic section.  I don't really understand why, and when you ask why it was done you never get a real answer.  Did it prevent threads being locked and trolled on the Wild section?  No.  Did anyone ever get their forum access removed from Wild for trolling?  No.  It served very little purpose, and honestly it's close-minded and shunning away all other players who aren't on Epic as if to say we don't welcome your opinion, thoughts, or comments.  That's not true at all. 

They locked up Wild server and now they are discussing how to fix Wild, how about you start by unlocking it for everyone can post and share ideas?  Maybe someone who didn't join Wild can tell you why they didn't join and help change Wild.  I don't care either way but locking it up really does more harm than good despite what GM/FMs believe.

True. But then again, given the amount immature trolling and whining all you guys do on EPIC forum, then Rolf is probably doing these guys a favor and not allowing them to see how immature the epic population really is.....well, until it's too late !

ps- I swear protunia is the biggest troll there is around here and you guys fall for his trollbait 24/7 :)

pps- I'm still trying to figure out if he's an American kid who can't spell properly or if he's a kid overseas who can't spell properly :))

You can still SEE the forums.  You just aren't allowed to post on them.  So everyone can see all of the good/bad/ugly.

Problem is, how do you know if somebody plays on epic a lot or not?

That isn't really the issue here.

Continued forum abuse can lead to in-game account penalties if normal forum moderation is no longer effective.

That means instead of banning and cleaning up threads of countless of forum alts, they can just ban Protunia (just an example) in game for a week for constant trolling on the epic forums. I fail to see why this is a bad thing.

Problem with the wild forums was that it required much more effort, and possible skill loss, to travel to the wild server to be able to post in the wild forums.

I wouldn't mind if Farmerbobs suggestion was implemented, it would require people to think before they type, instead of just hiding behind some anonymous forum account and disrupt the forums. And having in-game consequences for forum actions is totally acceptable to me.

I think the way Protunia is arguing his viewpoint is abysmal, however, I do somewhat agree with what he is getting at - these various linking requirements are silly. Technically, anyone can port between any of the servers with a few clicks - all making linking required does is create a micromanagement nightmare and certainly does not promote synergy between all servers, evidently it actually seems to end up in hate between the servers at times.

Not to mention the layout of the forums is incredibly inconsistent, why is it that our Freedom servers where everyone is the same kingdom has a section for each server, yet on Epic it's all lumped in the one section despite having 1 server more than the Freedom cluster, 4 kingdoms and however many PMK's where interaction and trade between kingdoms is borderline impossible.

Making people link their accounts wont help it didnt help with wild either its pointless really. First off why do gms care so much about what happens there? If they dont want people to read it then make it only readable by those who have a forum account. Put a big warning to enter at your own risk or something.

Linking in-game accounts to forum accts. will only lead to wider metagaming. Some players have already shown that they will take revenge in the game world for forum postings they dislike or disagree with. This behaviour is an attempt by those players to control the direction in which Epic develops in order to gain an advantage for their side. I felt more comfortable posting anonymously in the Epic forum and staying out of the metagame. As an observer I feel the necessity to point out that the metagame made Wild very unappealing to me and may have contributed to it's stagnation.

I may bring this, or another account, to Epic for forum registration so there is no need to point out that obvious workaround.

I think it's kind of pointless and a bit over protective to lock up the Epic section.  I don't really understand why, and when you ask why it was done you never get a real answer.  Did it prevent threads being locked and trolled on the Wild section?  No.  Did anyone ever get their forum access removed from Wild for trolling?  No.  It served very little purpose, and honestly it's close-minded and shunning away all other players who aren't on Epic as if to say we don't welcome your opinion, thoughts, or comments.  That's not true at all. 

They locked up Wild server and now they are discussing how to fix Wild, how about you start by unlocking it for everyone can post and share ideas?  Maybe someone who didn't join Wild can tell you why they didn't join and help change Wild.  I don't care either way but locking it up really does more harm than good despite what GM/FMs believe.

Postes..

http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=65304.0

"Link accounts + sections.

« on: October 26, 2011, 06:41:26 PM »

Hi, with Epic coming out can we do the linked accounts for Epic also to post here, so in case anyone is not meant to be on these forums won't be junking it up or flaming.

Also can we get a recruiting, selling, and buying section?

bleed black."

Didn't know I was not allowed to change my opinions here on the Internet.  :(

Sorry guys.  The only real benefit is that permabanned players hiding on the forums don't dare link up their account to the forums because they know the risk.  But uhhh, you know, I don't know anyone like that around here, right? 

We are reviewing these matters regarding Epic boards, linking etc.