Sign in to follow this  
Trencal

Deliverance Updated Map

First I would like to thank Mystecore for the key as well as the location of the deeds and the previous map.
His work will be remembered.

Like his thread, Post your deed and I will input it into the map.
This is a rough representation of Mystecore/Darkmalice's map input into the new map given to us.
The Locations may be off. Please update them as you see fit.

Thanks to axeblade346 for the updated key.

New Permanent Link.
High Res - http://minersahoy.co.../Recent Map.png
Low Res - http://minersahoy.co...p (Low Res).png
Map Search (Credits to Axeblade and Saera ( http://forum.wurmonl...ser/6442-seara/ ) - http://searchdelimap.comyr.com/Map.html

Updated - 2/24/2014 - Update # 89
Map Changes - http://minersahoy.com/Wurm%20Maps
The original map - http://minersahoy.co... Maps/Deliv.png

Imgur Link (Changes Each Update) - http://i.imgur.com/FG3y6jq.png

This is going off the assumption the only map rolf intends to release is the non-updated map.

Edited by Trencal
  • Like 12

Good job, Trencal - thank you very much! (I was also beginning to do this, but you were much faster...  ;))

The problem with Rolf's map is that it is a 3D elevation map, so it seems to be inclined a little bit (using an isometric projection). This makes it difficult to transfer the deed locations from the original 2D map - some of them seem to be pretty much off as you suspected.

I'll try to review my work on the southeast peninsula (see: http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=60945.msg585154#msg585154) and give you the correct positions of our deeds in the SE soon.

Good job, Trencal - thank you very much! (I was also beginning to do this, but you were much faster...  ;))

The problem with Rolf's map is that it is a 3D elevation map, so it seems to be inclined a little bit (using an isometric projection). This makes it difficult to transfer the deed locations from the original 2D map - some of them seem to be pretty much off as you suspected.

I'll try to review my work on the southeast peninsula (see: http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=60945.msg585154#msg585154) and give you the correct positions of our deeds in the SE soon.

Thanks, I attempted to place it where it would seem logical (not on mountain tops, if theres grass most likely there).

- Kendra (4x 28.3y) should be horizontally aligned with Freeport at 28y

- The west GD community tunnel should end at (13x 24.5y) to the west of keeperton craftworks instead of the water.

This new map is a bit dark. It doesn't really go with the black grid and roads. Perhaps roads or the grid could be grey instead?

PS: Good job, btw!

- Kendra (4x 28.3y) should be horizontally aligned with Freeport at 28y

- The west GD community tunnel should end at (13x 24.5y) to the west of keeperton craftworks instead of the water.

This new map is a bit dark. It doesn't really go with the black grid and roads. Perhaps roads or the grid could be grey instead?

PS: Good job, btw!

Yea i plan on playing with colors tomorrow in order to find a suitable condition.

It seems hard to recognize some parts, I may increase the width of the roads in order to make it more noticable.

I'll try to update the area SE of Green Dog this evening. A Village and Dragon's Nest have been disbanded, Forest's Edge and Shail are not in the correct position. There are alse several deeds and roads that are not yet on the map.

Some update to my area.

sunshinedocks.jpg

1) Angelus Mortis is disbanded. I haven't seen the mayor in two months.

2) Angelus Mortis never had a mailbox

3) Sea Shore is disbanded atm but i saw the mayor online a week ago. Maybe coming back and re-deed.

4) Sunshine Woods has the mailbox [90]

5) New deed Sunshine Docks founded

6) Added some of the public roads. The road ends to the east before reaching Darkenstone deeds.

here's some updates/

as well. i put in red. perimeter lines. thought it might help those who plan on deeding in an area. to see some larger deeds. making it a bit harder

right south of new dark hold is a huge deed second chance. no one can fit there. also south of vynora farms. and new dark hand of valor. is another large deed. 154x47 tiles (8) called Panderosa i think. again no one can deed south of my deeds for quite a long ways,

i moved some of the deeds over to closer to the right spots. and added some. also added some roads.  also disbanded three deeds in this section

at top north west corner. darkhand harbor was disbanded a new name is up i for get though

also moved the tower. that one is built. the one at my main deed. is only started. there is a tower at the sanctuary too.

6389107449_8ea6846f7b.jpg

not so sure why so small. but i hope u get the picture

6389246091_e11bd687ff_s.jpg

Dark Hand harbour was renamed to Conwy harbour.

Crydee was also formed on the bottom left corner of the lake.

5Yo1I.jpg

Also the two deeds west of the same lake. Goodsprings and last sunshine are about one map square further west than they should be. Crydee is only 11x6 tiles and its perimiter touches Goodsprings.

Please remove Utopia Trade Port 37x 38y

change it to "Lumpygravy's Folly"

Had to down size and such seeing the trader wasn't covering rent.

Also the trader is not accessible ATM so you may wanna remove its icon

There are still merchants and a mail box there

here's some updates/

as well. i put in red. perimeter lines. thought it might help those who plan on deeding in an area. to see some larger deeds. making it a bit harder

right south of new dark hold is a huge deed second chance. no one can fit there. also south of vynora farms. and new dark hand of valor. is another large deed. 154x47 tiles (8) called Panderosa i think. again no one can deed south of my deeds for quite a long ways,

i moved some of the deeds over to closer to the right spots. and added some. also added some roads.  also disbanded three deeds in this section

at top north west corner. darkhand harbor was disbanded a new name is up i for get though

I dont plan on adding large perimeters to the map at the moment, maybe in the future.

Updated, Thanks all.

Trencal, you seem to have resized Rolf's original map (the original has 2048x2048, your's has approx. 1650x1650). Was there a special reason for that? (I'm asking because I think we need every single pixel of resolution we can get - it's already rather difficult to fit all the details in.) Would it be possible to resize your new community map, so that the actual map part remains at the same resolution as Rolf's dump?

As promised, here is the updated Serendipity Bay area map:

yagawurmmap03.png

Please note that the deed locations are not exact, because Rolf's map unfortunately is not flat! It is rather difficult, especially in mountain regions, to place a deed correctly, because the elevations are shown in a contorted (isometric) way. Thus, the locations given are just approximate.

I will try to convert Rolf's map into a real 2D flat topographical map with contour lines.

Here's an update regarding Forest's Edge and it's surroundings. Shail, Forest's Edge and some roads were on the previous map already but this is a more accurate approximation of where they are. I also added some new roads. It's all estimates, not pixel perfect but pretty close I think.

deliveranceforestsedge.jpg

Trencal, you seem to have resized Rolf's original map (the original has 2048x2048, your's has approx. 1650x1650). Was there a special reason for that? (I'm asking because I think we need every single pixel of resolution we can get - it's already rather difficult to fit all the details in.) Would it be possible to resize your new community map, so that the actual map part remains at the same resolution as Rolf's dump?

it was automatically done by imgur.

Atm im looking for a better site, photobucket also resized. Im hoping to find a site where i can change the photo yet keep the same link so that its easier just to link the photo to people instead of the thread.

Its 2240x2240 for me.

EDIT:

Found a site to post to, will work on setting up a stable link.

wurmmap.jpg

A very rough edit on the Audacia area.  Moved the Audacian and Moonshine Bay deeds.  Added Fort Dracon and Port Dracon.  Also added some shape to the front of Audacia, as I have raised that entire section out of the water to form a pier, not sure if you want to alter coastlines on your map though.  Also, Carson City Silver Mine is disbanded.

Please also add a guard tower to the east of Audacia, should be directly east of where I placed the deed, on the edge of that grid tile (sorry, forgot to add it while I was editing the image).  Also please add a public mailbox to Audacia, on the pier, so north of the deed placement. 

Cheers Trencal, good work taking this on, thanks.

Edit: oh, and also added canal at Moonshine Bay.

Trencal, if you could do me a favor and move Crestkill and add the rest of the road (as depicted), it'd be greatly appreciated. :)

3008n6x.png

I don't know the procedure for removing deeds from the map, but I will just say that Starkhaven, located at 37X 45Y in the Southeast has been abandoned and I am currently tearing down the buildings.  Thanks :)

Just a couple of oversights on my update mate.  You forgot to add Port Dracon and remove Carson City Silver Mine.  Also, the Moonshine Bay canal is a normal canal, not a cave canal, so I believe it needs a red line rather than an orange one.

Cheers.

Just a couple of oversights on my update mate.  You forgot to add Port Dracon and remove Carson City Silver Mine.  Also, the Moonshine Bay canal is a normal canal, not a cave canal, so I believe it needs a red line rather than an orange one.

Cheers.

I fixed the canal. Port Dracon was removed yesturday i saw the deed owned disband it.

I'll remove Carson city mine.

Oh wow, I didnt realise it was disbanded, and they were right next door, lol.  Cheers mate. 

Think a GM could sticky this and replace the old map?

Could you please move Framingham from 17x 46y down the coast a little to 20x 48y (top left corner where the sand changes to trees)

It was never correct on the old map, thought I might as well update on this new one.

Thank you!