Sign in to follow this  
Dashiva

[2008-10-27] New test client 2.5.2.715

There's a new test client, URL is (as always) http://www.wurmonline.com/client/testclient/wurmclienttest.jnlp

If you find bugs, please report them in the bugs & problems forum rather than posting here.

The test client window positions are not compatible with the main client. This means you will lose your saved positions when you switch back. If you're very attached to your saved positions, make a backup of the positions file before running the test client.

* Separate console log files for each character.

As far as we know, this was the last remaining issue with multiclienting. If you find anything else, let us know!

* Preventing accidentally closing crash windows

The close buttons on crash windows are now disabled for 3 seconds.

* Mine door improvements.

They no longer have tile transitions, and the tile is flat instead of bumpy

* New command "toggle fightspam" toggles spam mode

* New keybinds EXAMINE, TAKE and DROP perform those actions on the current mouse target

* Bugfix: The first deployment of this client version had a bug that wiped out direct keybinds. This has been fixed. If you were a victim of the keybinds bug, you can either delete your keybindings file or create a new config and the client will create a default bind file.

As there has been no new main client yet, the changes from the previous test client are still relevant:

* Wiki viewer now supports redirects.

* Bugfix: Position manager now updates itself properly when you resize the window.

* New splash screen handling and new wurm logo. No more downscaling and stretching.

* Bugfix: Trade windows will now remember their size and position properly again.

* Custom resolution input is now limited to digits (and at most 4). If you get a screen with width/height above 9999px, let us know.

* The client will no longer syn flood the server with library updates.

* Stability fixes

This should help people who got X Error BadMatch or BadWindow when trying to start. It also solves the problem where a new install on mac os 64 (or other platforms that don't support LWJGL) would crash. Also fixed is the crasher on new installs because of missing icons in the file chooser.

* New display option widget

Mostly the same as the old one, but with a few new features. JOGL now supports maximized mode, and both renderers support custom resolutions in windowed mode. It also disables most options you don't need to concern yourself with, so it should be easier to use. Being a new widget, please stay alert for regressions.

* Working scroll bar arrows

The arrows on scroll bars should now work. Clicking on the scroll bar itself is still on the todo list, so no need to tell us about that.

* Window manager improvement

The window positions are now saved and loaded based on the actual canvas size. So if you resize your window during play you won't overwrite your normal-size settings.

Go ahead and give it a spin. Even if you don't test anything else you should log in at least once. It's a bit late to notice the game no longer works when it's released in the main client!

Cool stuff. The client progress is very encouraging.

Just a quick thing I found, the startup pictures won't scale to resolution for me (1600x1200).

Just a quick thing I found, the startup pictures won't scale to resolution for me (1600x1200).

This is intentional. We're going to switch to a new 1680x1050 image set soon, but until then the images will be somewhat small on high resolutions.

Maybe a new bug, my trader window is gone when I try to trade with an NPC.

Maybe a new bug, my trader window is gone when I try to trade with an NPC.

There is a bug in the older clients that causes trade windows to save incorrectly. We've added a workaround for this, so there should be a very small window in the upper left corner of the screen.

I haven't tried the test client, but I have to say the Examine/Take/Drop binds have me salivating.  Ooooh yeah.

Good job Dashiva and the client team.  Keep rolling out with these updates!

........ I don't know if it was a glitch or what but I was on test today with xallo and we couldnt get the trade window with traders.

Yes the traders where of our kingdom, as we got the trade option.

Anyway good work!  8)

it was just a minor glitch i bet.

Sounds good; though, not sure about the changes to the stone doors. I kind of like being able to use them as a "hidden" door. Do the changes hinder or help this? Cant see for myself unfortunately.  :-\

........ I don't know if it was a glitch or what but I was on test today with xallo and we couldnt get the trade window with traders.

Yes the traders where of our kingdom, as we got the trade option.

lol

Thanks, I got back on and that was what had happened.

lol and it was partly UNDER my health and stuff.

Anyway keep up the good work!  8)

Sounds good; though, not sure about the changes to the stone doors. I kind of like being able to use them as a "hidden" door. Do the changes hinder or help this? Cant see for myself unfortunately.  :-\

There should've been a warning about window positions. The test client saves them in a new format that can't be read by the main client, so if you switch back to the main client again, you will lose your saved positions. Make a backup if you don't want to lose them.

(If you already did run the test client, you might be able to manually convert the file by replacing all equals signs with spaces.)

* New keybinds EXAMINE, TAKE and DROP perform those actions on the current mouse target

Double click is already heavily overloaded, but we are considering other options.

Not going to happen until the binds introduced now have been properly tested, of course.

Thank you for the response.  It's good to see feedback from the dev team!