Sign in to follow this  
Lobber

New Map for Exodus HERE

Should deed owners who do not want their settlement listed be removed from the map, for a fee?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Should deed owners who do not want their settlement listed be removed from the map, for a fee?

• No, the map is public property, and the community has the right to see all settlements listed. No change to the current system.
    • No, the deed owners who want their settlement removed should have them removed from the map, no charge. No private map with all settlements listed.
    • No, there should be two maps, one public with private settlements unlisted (no charge), and a privately distributed (pay to view) map with all settlements listed.
    • Yes, two maps, public map with private settlements removed for a fee, and a privately listed map with all settlements listed viewable for a fee.
    • Yes, the deed owners who want their settlement removed may be charged a fee for having their deed removed from the map. No private map with all settlements listed.
    • I want to suggest a different system, my idea is posted below.

Now this may be highly controversial, but I am considering adding pickaxe symbols to the map, in various colors, to represent different mineral deposits that I am aware of.

its funny that more then 50% of the poll says that he should remove on request, and that hes adding them anyway.. so much for a poll xD

whats really funny is that there is an easy compromise that should appease both sides, yet its been completely ignored.  but, children will be children. 

still a nice map lobber :)

The way it has been handled before is not necessarily a must for the way to do something today or tomorrow. I thought it was terribly difficult to navigate using Darkmalice's map, though I thank her for her effort.

Why the hell do people keep thinking I'm a women? You'd get a nasty shock when I went to the bathroom honestly.

Oops. I don't even know why I did that. Did not think about it at all. No offense. (Not that it'd be an offense to be a women. How can I get out of this with my honor intact? ;-) )

Now this may be highly controversial, but I am considering adding pickaxe symbols to the map, in various colors, to represent different mineral deposits that I am aware of.

Now thats a very bad idea IMO. Since you cannot mark all deposits, only the ones you find (and those you CAN find), it means those spots will be swarmed by hobby miners who will make the place look like a nice piece of cheese. At least I surely wouldnt want to live near a place with - for example - a marked copper deposit nearby.

I'm having enough trouble with people breaking into my mines already, thanks. :(

Alright. And people think I don't listen to anyone.

----------------------------------------------

I am now accepting locations for the following resources, and I will start add them to the next map version:

• Merchants
  • Traders
  • Mailboxes
  • Guard Towers (Completed only)
  • Wells, Fountains (Water sources)

Guard tower 45x 18 y north from Jerycho

Mailbox in Jerycho

Merchant on shore south from jerycho.

I will consider providing you with mailbox locations, but naturally, its not free..

Major Map Update

Added Roads

Added Guard Towers

Added Traders

Added Mailboxes

Settlements Added / Updated

Ignoring Troll

mailboxes at both stay out and south exodus crafters market as well as many merchants and a trader at the market

If the 20x 21y tower is properly placed, Crowbarland should be at 20x 21y sw instead of 20x 20y

Map Updated

Added Settlements

Added Fountains

Added Wells

Added Traders

Added Merchants

Slight Geography Update

You havent added the update to lake Serpentine area yet Lobber - dont want to put deeds in the middle of water, where they would have to go as it is now :P

could also add the deeds to the map dump.

make it accurate AND pretty

There still is - for deeds and such and I would greatly appreciate if the information in Lobber's map was transferred onto the official map dump.

Also kudos for Lobber: Your map is incredibly accurate.

if anyone feels brave enough, they could try a map with the google api that way you would just have to keep a file with coords uptodate and not a whole map, ofc you would need high programming skillz for that...

There still is - for deeds and such and I would greatly appreciate if the information in Lobber's map was transferred onto the official map dump.

Also kudos for Lobber: Your map is incredibly accurate.

Rofl, open your eyes, every vet knows that his map was taking straight off a mapdump and just edited a bit, he just will never admit it. I now wonder if we are allowed to use this mapdump instead of his trash map which doesnt leave any privacy for the community.

And turn that into a real community map

sure are we allowed to use the map rolf gave us - why not?

he released it in first place....

thou it seems that the map rolf made is from before the server opend to the public...

edit: while iam on it: iam sure rolf could in some way make a weekly update of the map, combine that with the info from the wurm DB for Deed locations / names and the google map api and you will have a pretty accurate community map.

ofc then a option for deeds to be "hidden" would have to be added that way their name doesnt get put on the map. how they terraform the land still gets added, just no name. so it looks on first glance like a offdeed town ;)

if that works iam sure rolf could easly code a kingdom influence map for Wild and all Epic-Wild (Home servers cant be conquered or?)

the data is all there he would just need to put it all together and on a webpage...

Rofl, open your eyes, every vet knows that his map was taking straight off a mapdump and just edited a bit, he just will never admit it. I now wonder if we are allowed to use this mapdump instead of his trash map which doesnt leave any privacy for the community.

And turn that into a real community map

What? Do you just implant these ideas into your mind to purposely anger and frustrate yourself??

I don't think anyone has ever accused him of using a map dump so you can't really smear his credibility just yet by suggesting that he won't admit to using it if he's never been given any opportunity to discuss it.

Thanks again for your map. I also wanted to reach out and say I appreciated you sharing about being on the Spectrum. I too am an Aspie and have two spectrum kids so I know all about this. I know dealing with the social aspects here is very hard and I think you are making a great effort. FWIW, I'm pretty sure some of the folks that are resistant to this change you've introduced to their environment are most likely on the spectrum as well. I know from kchat that at least one is probabably bpd. It's important to recognize that there are people at the ends of these virtual connections and everyone thinks and responds to stimuli differently (as I'm sure you're well aware). Empathy is often the most challenging aspect. Just consider that some of these other folks have special issues too and care may be needed in dealing with them.

While I very much agree with your stance on the whole map thing, and I see you've taken the high ground (not retaliating KOS), sometimes it's useful to "let the wookie win". Sure it's appeasement and that's not always the right tack. But sometimes compromise can be useful in making progress. Or at least in making friends.