Sign in to follow this  
Lobber

New Map for Exodus HERE

Should deed owners who do not want their settlement listed be removed from the map, for a fee?  

216 members have voted

1. 1. Should deed owners who do not want their settlement listed be removed from the map, for a fee?

• No, the map is public property, and the community has the right to see all settlements listed. No change to the current system.
    • No, the deed owners who want their settlement removed should have them removed from the map, no charge. No private map with all settlements listed.
    • No, there should be two maps, one public with private settlements unlisted (no charge), and a privately distributed (pay to view) map with all settlements listed.
    • Yes, two maps, public map with private settlements removed for a fee, and a privately listed map with all settlements listed viewable for a fee.
    • Yes, the deed owners who want their settlement removed may be charged a fee for having their deed removed from the map. No private map with all settlements listed.
    • I want to suggest a different system, my idea is posted below.

Just to let you know, The Poll above has conclusively shown people are against charging to remove deeds from the map. The decision has been made already.

Feel free to vote if you want to weigh in if you have not previously done so at this point, to support one side or another. At this point in time, the point is moot.

Wiki Map Page Link

New Map Here:

exodusmap201211044.th.png

Version 044

Updated 2012-1-1-2359 PST

To add your settlement to the map, simply reply with the following information:

• Settlement name
  • x coordinate
  • y coordinate
  • position within the grid for fine tuned location (example, NW, N, NE, W, Center, E, SW, S, or SE part of the grid)

Adding your settlement to the map is ABSOLUTELY FREE.

Please reply to this post with your specific details for your settlement and I will add it as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone.

This is the new map, based upon data gathered from many sources, including you, for which I am very grateful. Thank you for sending me your information about your deeds.

If you have other data, please reply with the following location information:

• Guard Towers (Must be completed)
  • Fountains, Wells (Containers with water)
  • Traders
  • Merchants
  • Man Made Geographical Adjustments (Canals, Land Bridges, Raised, Lowered, or Flattened Terrain)
  • Mailboxes (Must be enchanted, not decorations)
  • Epic Portals!

Union Lake Village

x6

y14

NE

ok needs time to get used too but ok

the steppe in the south along x35 from y43-46 needs a over haul y43 the most that corner aint just there . i live close to it and it doesnt look like that...

The far east side of 43x,42y is Lakeside Retreat, and the middle of 45x,42y is Oceanside Haven.

Arcadia

Y 22

NW and N....somewhere there I think.

I believe that's accurate.  If you feel like it, you can double-check.  If you do, I'll donate a silver or two anyway ;-)

If that island @x17,y9 is correct that is The Shallows and Island view would be x17,y10 S hope this helps.Methinks the tundra at coast line may be a bit incorrect not sure yet.

Makar is located at:

11x 10y.

much more accuracy, though i'm not entirely sure the NW is 100% though.

this is much better than the previous. i like it.

Villages have been added, Some landmasses changed, southern steppe, and northwest lake sand removed.

Keep em coming.

Port Exodus is located:

8Y 25X

Top left hand corner of square on waters edge

Oh I guess I could've swam to Deli if I went from the east part of Exo rather than the west... Nice Map!

Independent Settlers: X40 Y31 in the SE corner of the square

Nice map!

Port Pineridge

4X, 38Y SW

Also, you forgot to add the land bridge between ETP and the mainland.

Added more settlements.

Can you pinpoint the coordinates of both ends of the landbridge?

Can you add Tomar Land at 16x 35y, it's position within the cell is NE corner.

Great project, many thanks.

Tomar

Very nice map - badly needed!

Two more for you:

Gryffin's Rest 10x 16y W

Kokomo Beach 4x 28y S

My piece of feedback - some of the colours used are very similar, I know it won't necessarily look so real, but it would make it clearer if you used more distinct colours for things

My area (lake west of the big desert, roughly 30x 15y and around) looks a whole lot better on this map, but still isn't accurate.

- The two smaller pieces of desert, one central above the lake, the other west of that small piece of tundra, are not there. These are water, those are not seperate lakes above, it is all one lake with a lot of side-windings (it isn't called lake serpentine without reason :) ).  As to the piece of desert west of small tundra: the most eastern small ribbon of that desert is land, but its marsh and woodland, not desert.

- There are 3 'ribbons' going off the lake to the north, not two. Shove the left-most current ribbon a bit to the left, otherwise roughly okay (once that desert-piece on the south end is gone- that ribbon is part of the bigger lake, not a seperate lake)

- there is an island in the western side of the lake (the most western ribbon starts above it) (rather smallish island, I think it's represented by the green and grey small blocks which are stuck beneath that piece of desert there now, which is water actually). So this needs shoved a bit to the left too, along with the left ribbon.

- rock-formation in NW - shove that a bit to the left too, up to the bend there. Then the first water-ribbon starts against the eastside of that rock-formation, and island is in the bend under the rock-formation, with rightside of it straight under beginning of first water-ribbon going up.

- second (= in reality the middle one) water-ribbon needs to be situated a bit more to the left too (shove it a bit less then the first ribbon, but still somewhat to the left). Together with the largest part of that desert in the north which isnt desert but water. The top-end of that water-way ends just beneath the small lake currently almost touching the left ribbon on its NE-side (should be almost touching the middle-ribbon on the NNW-side of that water-ribbon). A canal is being dug to it currently from the topside of the middle-ribbon (and then that canal seems to be going/planned to the larger lake well north of lake serpentine). When you shove this middle-ribbon to the left, the lob of water at the bottom-right part will become a bit less pronounced, and that is correct I think.

- The piece of desert into the lake, in a T-shape coming from the desert: This is a less pronounced T-shape, it's more just a rounded end of one of the peninsula's sticking into the lake from the north. It is part of the peninsula which is the east side of the middle water-ribbon (the end of it, very windy peninsula going to that end, around the lob of water still remaining after moving middle-ribbon to the left a bit).

- To the right of this T-shape is the third ribbon of water, along the desertshore and up to the tundra; with a small landbridge (narrow and marsh, not sand) still present between the T-shape (also not desert, but grass/trees) and the desert. This landbridge is on the NE-part of the T-shape, not the east side. (So in fact the T-shape isnt a T but more round; and not from right to left but more from top to bottom, so upside down T instead of horizontal T - and then not a T but just rounded end). This third (water-)ribbon starts roughly on the borderline of 32/33x, 15y, goes northward, incorporates the small pond halfway up in the sand, and goes on until it ends against the SE-side of the tundra there (with a largish shallow piece of water there).

So it are three ribbons to the north of this lake, belonging to the lake, with only a small landbridge cutting through the third (most eastern) ribbon a bit above the current T-shape.

I had better wait with telling where (part of) the deeds around this area are until the corrections are made, so I will be back with that later.

Thanks for the map, looks a lot more accurate then the one before!

44x 18y  in center of tile Jerycho in south west shore in that tile Czersk Castle