Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

Where did your nickname/alias come from?

Pretty boring really, my friends have called me Sme for a long time now as it is a blend of 'It is me' and my first name Sarah (allows for mods like Sme, Smy and Smine), I added the Jack on the end as it runs with the theme being the first four letters of my last name and also happens to be my favourite drink of choice  ;D

From Wikipedia:

"In Greek mythology, Mormo was a spirit who bit bad children, said to have been a companion of the goddess Hecate. The name was also used to signify a female vampire-like creature in stories told to Greek children by their nurses to keep them from misbehaving. This reference is primarily found in some of the plays of Aristophanes. He is also referenced in The Alexiad, which goes to show that Mormo was still taught to children during Byzantine times".

But i think i`m not such a horrible person  :D

My favorite composer. 

Three cheers for lack of creativity!

I was making an account for something. I don't remember what is was or when, but I tried to trhink of some random words. Bob and boy came to mind. It was too short to use though. I just put 3 5's on the end.

How uncreative I am!

I sometimes use Masterkey though, named after the small shotgun mounted on the underbarrel of a gun used to break locks, hence the name "Master Key".

and also happens to be my favourite drink of choice  ;D

+ rep there hehe

Got mine back in the early days of toribash, where I was just playing as some random name I came up with.

Few of the guys in the server said I should come up with a new name that related to my fighting style

That involved grabbing the opponent, climbing up their body, and then forcing them to the ground so hard it made me fly into the air.

Had to chop off the last word as most games wont allow it, but it's stuck ever since.

Klaa is simply a wordplay of Claw, which I used in a Star War MUD ages ago.

Used varying handles in other games over the years, to name just a few: ShadowWolf in Ultima Online, countless names in rp-enforced MUDS (character permdeath and timeline resets can be fun), LeSable in Battlefield 2/2142, Klaal Ursuul in Eve, and so on.

I started with PTO years ago on a game that was hosted by AOL called Starship Troopers Battlespace. Is stands for Power Take Off, which is a function on most bucket trucks and low profile line trucks. I was a communications lineman for years.

I use Jackburton now because I sold Pto.

Jack Burton is the main character in the movie Big Trouble in Little China.

I had always used different forms of Alexia in most games. I started playing wurm when we wurmians were all modeled after Jake,so used Alexor intead. Then in map 4 Barakus started to call me Lexy.

With the opening of Gold 1, I shortened to Lex as the name was short and easier for Un4 to type when he was being his lovable chauvinistic self which set off many kingdom chat arguments and the advent of the first CMs.

Bachus is the Greek God of wine and revelry, and I play mainly to have a good time and try not to take anything too seriously.  8)

BenClawedODamme, a wurmian play on words and the actors name Jean-Claude O'Damme.  :D

Samwithwiki, again a wurmian play on words and the character's name from Transformers.  :P

Versengennerix the first Galic Great King who defeated Julius Cesar and drove him back into Germany before losing and being captured.  :)

Erm, isn't Bachus the ROMAN god of wine and revelry?

The Matrix. Neo Anderson and Morpheus. Had it since my Eve online days many years ago.

Bachus is the Greek God of wine and revelry, and I play mainly to have a good time and try not to take anything too seriously.  8)

BenClawedODamme, a wurmian play on words and the actors name Jean-Claude O'Damme.  :D

Samwithwiki, again a wurmian play on words and the character's name from Transformers.  :P

Versengennerix the first Galic Great King who defeated Julius Cesar and drove him back into Germany before losing and being captured.  :)

Erm, isn't Bachus the ROMAN god of wine and revelry?

Dionysus or Dionysos was the god of wine and inspired madness, and a major figure of Greek mythology. He represents not only the intoxicating power of wine, but also its social and beneficial influences. The geographical origins of his cult were unknown, but almost all myths depicted him as having "foreign" (i.e. non-Greek) origins.

Dionysus was the name most often used in the greek mythos.

But he was also known as Bacchus and the frenzy he induces, bakcheia. He is the patron deity of agriculture and the theatre. He was also known as the Liberator (Eleutherios), freeing one from one's normal self, by madness, ecstasy, or wine. The divine mission of Dionysus was to mingle the music of the aulos and to bring an end to care and worry. Scholars have discussed Dionysus' relationship to the "cult of the souls" and his ability to preside over communication between the living and the dead.

Both names were acceptable in the greek mythos.  Generaly refering to the handsome young man persona as Dionysis and the older more haggerd persona as Bacchus.  8)

[You asked for it]    :P

Named after El Duce, singer of The Mentors - many years ago, due to my somewhat questionable drinking practices and resulting behavior

when I was younger.

Was playing aika online. I came up with AceRifle/Ace when I chose to creat a new pvp account as a rifle man ingame. About 2 month later I found wurm online and didn't feel like making a new name so I stuck with AceRifle.

King Tren, Uh started on a game called Ultima Online if anyone knows the game. had a group of friends who played we were in a group the Kingdom was Called Tren. And i was the bomb. Therfore King Tren

I joined wurm with a group of people who were all lazy and named their characters after their real names, so they were not too helpful when i went to make an account and was like....so...wtf should i call it.

my friends - Tom  = Atompom

- Rob  = Roboticexile

- Rosie = Rosie <-- laziest ever

So i decided to be lazy too and just reversed my name. To be fair Rosie joined after me on my reccomendation and the original Tantrum and Drega are friends of mine irl too and they put some effort in unlike the rest of us xD.

So i decided to be lazy too and just reversed my name.

My mind is blown.

(Never would have guessed in all honesty.)

I wanted a handle that started with the same letter as my real name.  I wanted a 'q' in it cause there aren't a lot of names with a Q in them.

Then it was down to Scrabble-like sounding out of random letters until I came up with name-like combinations.  The last part was to Google each attempt and find one with zero results for uniqueness.

As far as I know, unless someone has for some reason borrowed it, I'm the only Maluraq on the Internet.

Ahhh, I see a few old UO players have posted. Well I had a tamer/mage there named Aye Mazed, as in amazed. Switched to WoW and as I had gotten into the habit of responding by saying "aye" there, tried Aye but was taken, added a "s" on the end; thus became Ayes and later transported to Wurm.

Sounds like an agreeable name as well. Also, as in "The aye's have it." Also, Ahh yes.

=Ayes=

I suppose Red was a favorite color of mine as a kid.

But I needed an easily said name for fast paced gaming and tournaments.

Easily said, easily remembered.