Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

Where did your nickname/alias come from?

My first name is Dave. But, because a billion and one other people share that same first name, my friends have referred to me by my initials. Thus, my nickname has been DK, or decay, for years.

The "As I" bit is just a little philosophical thinking.... not to mention, it fits very well with all things Wurm.  ;)

Kswords is shortened for Kutlass H. Swords

when I was like 8 years old I started out with just Kutlass

after I got into highschool I was always looking at Soul Calibur 3 and the weapons in the game, thus came up with Swords for the last name

I leave the H. a secret :P

I didn't realize how long I'd be in this game or else I'd have just made a character named 'Kutlass'

Gog / Petbe / and now Whitewidow

Gog is a mythical personage that appears in seaveral ancient scriptures across the world.  He is depicted in various ways including an ancient leader of great power, a deity, and also is supposed to be instrumental in the 'end of days' prophetic scenario shared by some Hebrew,Saxon and Christian scriptures... I liked it and wanted a short name for people to find it easy in MMO's ;)

Petbe is a little more interesting.  Petbe is the Egyptian Deity of Vengeance.  After some dummy stole my crops right in front of me in GV, and then proceeded to continue griefing me I decided to make an alt to harrass him back (didn't want Gog to get banned), he quit playing right after so Petbe ended up being a priest... and is still wandering the land, searching incessantly to exact his revenge.

Whitewidow.  I have not idea.  It's either a play on "Blackwidow" or it is a reference to a type of potent,recreational... substance :P  I didn't make the name so I'm not sure, feel free to share if you know how WW got his/her name :)

Leve`Dara comes from pnp d&d, most notably the draconomicon's entry on the 'draconic langauage'. In "draconic" Levex means Enchanted and Darastrix means Dragon. For the character I was playing 'enchanted dragon' was fitting, so I mashed the two together to make Leve`Dara. In some games I go by Levex alone, or even Levex Darastrix in full. I've been using this around 6 or 7 years now I guess.

Mithika however is a much older name for me, and originates in grade 6 when we were asked to write a story. I wrote the tale of "Mith of the Myths" who was a sorceress that controlled the powerful "Dragon Dagger". Her full name was Mithika, and she was known as Mithika of the Dragon's Dagger, which I adapted the first day I came online as "Mithika DragonDagger" or just Mithika.

I have used Soulstice, which is a play on Solstice, another short story I wrote in school. The Soulstice was the day that was exactly between the winter and summer solstices, and on the Soulstice the souls of certain beings were freed from their prisons to roam the land once more, seeking host bodies to inhabit for that one day. On that one day they could seek to free their bodies to once again walk the mortal realm.

Dragonfell came about as a joke, because I'm very clumsy sometimes. People in the office I worked at would say "Gracefell down and can't get back up!" Grace always made me think of Angels, and I always figured since I am clearly no angel, more of a dragon, they should say "Dragonfell" instead.

Well I have a big passion for snakes - i own 2 atm - and I am a girl... came up with it once while coming up with an email account, and stuck with me for over 10 years.

Oh and my nickname at elementary school was "the snake girl"

I was reading a magazine at the time of creating my account, flipped the page and saw a Mcdonalds ad.  The add was for a 10 piece Mcnugget meal....and thus, I was born.

Whitewidow.  I have not idea.  It's either a play on "Blackwidow" or it is a reference to a type of potent,recreational... substance :P  I didn't make the name so I'm not sure, feel free to share if you know how WW got his/her name :)

Whitewidow was created by the original tantrum player who lived in "oreoh" on both MR-home and freedom, he created the account whitewidow correctly assumed because of blackwidow which would instill fear into people ;) It was originally a magranon priest and the name suited.

My name "fooligun" was my first online name when i played runescape around 8 years ago as my brother made an a spare account and gave me it, since then I've always used an alteration of that name, currently using "fooli" as i had made an account "fooligun" but lost the password to him, created 2 more accounts of "fooliguns" and something else i think, ended up losing their passwords so had to end up with "fooli" ;) who's password i actually wrote down for once >.<

McNugget, how would we of ever guessed? ;) did you buy any that same day? as one McNugget was born, another was eaten type of deal!

Whitewidow was created by the original tantrum player who lived in "oreoh" on both MR-home and freedom, he created the account whitewidow correctly assumed because of blackwidow which would instill fear into people ;) It was originally a magranon priest and the name suited.

Good to know the original story, thank you Fooligun :)

Zadar.. Hrm.

I think I first made it as a name for my warrior in Dragon Quest, then started using it online as zadar97 (Born in 1997)

Then after playing my first acc on inde, (failed attempt) I made a deli account as ZadarBird. Now on epic.

Randomised is what I use for most things. It just always works and is never taken. Ans suits me fine as I can be a bit.... how do you say it.... random.

Blasphemer was just a random name I came up with when I made a new character. Didn't know what I was gonna do, I just knew I didn't want to priest.

Nervesplitter, well I was walking down the park when I heard something really high pitched and loud, I thought "what was that earsplitting sound?" but thought nerve instead of ear, and Nervesplitter didn't sound too bad (in my runescape days it used to be mattypain, nervesplitter was an upgrade) I played under mattypain because apparently I was a pain to be round because I took everything to far. So I killed them.

Liru, well I'll describe it in a pic:

Desktop%20Background.bmp

I loved the show magipoka in '06 then found it again a year ago, my favorite character was Liru, but I had a priest called Uma and an alt for my livestream called Pachira, couldn't be bothered with akio.

Eyesgood = I am good.  I play only light-side characters and I consider honest, noble play to be critical not only to my reputation but also to my overall enjoyment of any game. Someone has to hold up the banner for righteousness, goodness, honor, and nobleness.  That is Eyesgood.  Always honorable, but never gullible, Eyesgood treats others as he would be treated and exacts only what is fair.

Eyesgood Quotes: 

"When the enemy makes truce, there is to be no quarrel.  But when the enemy breaks truce, there is to be no quarter."

"I do not wish to die for my kingdom.  I wish for my enemy to die for his."

"Trick me once and that is your fault.  Trick me twice and that is my fault."

"To die for self is little worth, but to die for others is great reward."

"When hand meets hand, both are warm.  But when steel meets steel, both are cold."

"Men war between themselves because they war within themselves."

"Resolve now what the outcome of the seige be, else the outcome is already resolved."

... Eyesgood treats others as he would be treated and exacts only what is fair...

You sicken me, and all of the Summoned! Men! PREPARE THE DOGS.

Randomly generated name from the SWG name generator (Star wars Galaxies....before it was crap) that I kept and used in pretty much every game since then :)

Alyeska, where I got it from, is the name of a now-deceased wolf. Ontop of that, Alyeska is an archaic spelling of the Aleut word Alaska meaning "mainland", "great country", or "great land". Which has given Alaska it's name.

Alyeska.JPG

Alphyn is the name of a mythical creature, which appears to be a crossbred between a dragon and wolf, with a knotted tail (the more knots, the older the beast is.)

587px-Alphyn.svg.png

Lüdwig is a name I picked becuase I enjoy picking names that most people can't pronounce.

I've used Thorsen/Thursen for over 20 years in various MUDS/MMOS.  At some point I had a caster char in some game (no longer remember which) who I named  "Belthize", the 'Bel' part picked up from the Belgariad.  Eventually that became a surname so in games that supported full names like Vanguard I used "Thorsen Belthize". 

In games with only one name like Wurm I'm alternately Thorsen (Epic) or Belthize(Freedom/wild)

My name Affinity came from wurm, I had gotten bored and well... made Affinity because of the fact that we get a Affinity.

Snowie came from the fact that it was snowing outside.

Zerowaysforlolz ( long name ) was my GV account and i got that because i had no ways of laughing at the time >.<

Like a lot of people my name came from Runescape!! Cheese happened to be on my mind at the time, so my name was docterchese. It's spelt wrong because then I can be quite sure that no-one else will have taken that username.  ;)

Lancelot was a Knight of the Round Table of Camelot in Arthurian legends who was very close to Guinevere. He was instrumental in many of the king's victories prior to Arthurs death.

Blob....i like the name so thts why i choose it and no i am not really called Bob and i am not a blob.You can also make really weird sentences with it

Blob blobs like a blob on the blobbing blobber to Blob-land to do what blobs do, which is smithing btw :)

Blobbing blobber is my boat

and my house is called Blob's forgery but i think i am gonna change it back to blob-land i like tht better.

Bachus is the Greek God of wine and revelry, and I play mainly to have a good time and try not to take anything too seriously.  8)

BenClawedODamme, a wurmian play on words and the actors name Jean-Claude O'Damme.  :D

Samwithwiki, again a wurmian play on words and the character's name from Transformers.  :P

Versengennerix the first Galic Great King who defeated Julius Cesar and drove him back into Germany before losing and being captured.  :)

I was eating pizza and creating my account. Pizza was sooo good -> Nomnom was born.