Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

Where did your nickname/alias come from?

Alright, I know there's probably been a thread about this prior, but I can't find it and we have an influx of new players so I was just mildly curious.

Personally, Xallo Sedai comes from a name I chose in Guild Wars years ago. I had another account in Wurm prior to it who has Ageless/Keeper of Faith titles, but I couldn't remember the password to it, so when I started playing Wurm again, I just chose Xallo.

There are no exact origins of the name 'Xallo,' it was just a name that I personally think is cool that I made up and stuck with.

wanted to be a postman when i grew up so my alias was postman, but was shortened to posty, then 1337 lingo made it posteh

I <3 the weather rain, my favorite element is water, and it was muuuch better then my old one (bavey1)

It's my name in some combined form. Not very imaginative.

A long time ago I made a new email on Aol.com the name I wanted was taken but it suggested Cando12 so I took that since my favorite number was 12.

When I played wurm I went by the name Cando however on GV I got lost quickly by not starting the tutorial and Glitterdale in the first days was a hell of a place to learn how to play the game with its mountains. So I simply made a new account without the "a" and that is where Cndo came from.

Well, my name is obviously one of the philosophers from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  But my alt is named Handsomestranger.  Took that one from an odd western comedy called The Villain.  Arnold Scharzenegger plays Handsome Stranger and utters the line "My mother named me after my father"  Or more like " My mudder named me after my fahder"

It means "stupid noble" in dwarf fortress dwarfish.

[me=Othob Rithol]admired own splendid bauxite lever lately . He admired a very fine tastefully arranged obsidian floodgate lately.[/me]

Scotty's mah name and ilyana's from some game I don't remember.

Idara and Caliphae were my main characters from pen and paper dnd years ago.  Idara was an elf cleric and Cali was a human paladin.  Now I end up using them in whatever game I play, usually keeping them close to their original race/class when the options permit it.

Mine is also from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. The original spelling is Zaphod, but way back when I played everquest, I started a toon by that name, but didn't like the class that much. I decided to start a shaman instead, and the new spelling was born.

My wife plays as Trilliaan, and I have a priest alt named Deepthought.

Used the name from Elwood Blues from the blues brothers, through the years, the nick sticked and i started to use in nearly every online game i touched sofar :)

Taken in fond memory of David Braben`s Elite space sim, which will remain with me as one of the greatest games ever made. :)

Many people ask, but I almost never tell.  And no my name's not Gary.  I use mostly caps because ..... uh... I do.

Many people ask, but I almost never tell.  And no my name's not Gary.  I use mostly caps because ..... uh... I do.

So you post here to say you won't say.  Smart. 

I go by bobbarker here because my normal Godsafk name was not allowed in the old days of wurm. Bobbarker is a god amongst women.

Godsafk was chosen by the saying god help us all. But good luck with that good sir!

So you post here to say you won't say.  Smart. 

Leaves a bit of mystery. ;)

...Bobbarker is a god amongst women...

Sorry to break this to you, but no, he's not...

I usually use the name Zone for online games (nickname at school - shortened and adapted version of my surname) but when I played Runes of Magic for a bit, the name wasn't available. Hordern is my Grandfathers surname: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Hordern It can also easily be adapted for alts (Hord, Hordem, I also have an alt called Hoard).

Incidentally, I found the name Zone was available in wurm recently (it wasn't when I started), so I've got it for an Exodus alt :P

If you don't want to tell the story behind your nickname, it's probably because it's not very interesting anyway and the 'mystery' created by the vagueness surpasses the complete lack of appeal your story would have otherwise.

Anyway, I chose Pendragon originally because I used to read medieval tales when I was twelve, around the time I created my first account for some game. King Arthur Pendragon seemed like a pretty cool guy, then. Pendragon was taken in most communities, so I began reversing the name to Dragonpen, which is never taken.

Bored on JKH created a guy named Sklo on GV never thought that I will go prem or become a CA or somehing else ;D

When I played A Tale in the Desert (set in ancient Egypt) I was at a loss for a good Egyptian name, so I decided that an immigrant from the cradle of civilization was the next best thing.  Ur-man was shorter than Sumer-man, so I used that.  Wurm doesn't allow the hyphen so it changed to Urman.

I started playing EvE Online back in 2004 and I decided to make a Minmatar character with a twist... an Ammatar. I needed a name that sounded like my character was a complete bought and paid for tool of the Amarrian's. I even RP'd him that way until I realised RP was dying fast in EvE and it was time to do something else. I liked the name and used it in several MMOs since then.

Ur-man was shorter than Sumer-man, so I used that.

Nice to hear a story about that.

Always thought it a no-brainer with "your man = Urman" and "Fo brother = Fobro" :)

I like Welsh mythology and poetry; The Chronicles of Prydain aren't bad either.