Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

Where did your nickname/alias come from?

Back in 1944, I fell in love with a strong and gorgeous mexican soldier named Fernando, until he died in my arms, and since then I've been using this name in every username I have. Also, that's my real name.

Chris and Chros quite similar and with 4 older brothers they'll make something of your name =T

The name Enola was inspired by the girl in Waterworld. A lot of people found her annoying as hell, I just found her hilarious.

Ashyja is one of the thousands of names I used in Ultima Online and later in WoW.

back in 1936 when my grandfather got power he inscribed in a notebook he wanted his grandson to have this name on what he predicted would be the reichnet

I really can't understand you... How hard would it be to stop writing comments about this time? Is it so hard to understand that that was a worst time? Worst in a way that nobody wants to do bad jokes about that time.

Grade F for your history knowledge. This is not funny and not hard nor it is cool to post such comments.

:'( how dare you insult my family

I used to play wow, right around the beginning about 6-7 years ago, hit the name randomization button and the first thing to show up was Ugora, so I went with it and the name has stuck through every game ive played

When i was bored many moons ago, hacking was an interest a bunch of us had.

Used to low level format hard drives - Basically re writting all the 0101110100111000 to all 0000000000000.

Used the nick Bandit till one of my mates said you like Zerobyting the hard drives eh?

Kinda stuck after that.

(Yes i feel bad now about it now)

Contrary to what you might think, my name didn't come from an infamously terrible New England soft drink, nor did it come from a Borderlands expansion.  8)

I've been going by this for years, and it started back while I was healing a raid in City of Heroes in 2004ish, and pulled my group thru a horrendously bad encounter... and after it was over, one of them said to me "Wow, that was some moxie back there".

The name stuck, and I've used it, at least as a username, ever since. I don't always use it as a character name, simply because it doesn't always fit in every gameworld, but most of my guildmates and gaming pals know me by that name. :)

My nickname (Traslogan) comes from the name Tralogan which is a village in Wales, but I mispelled it and when I was struggling for names one day it came to mind. It's been coming to my mind for 7 years now.

Aggie aka Agnes

I picked Agnes because it's an old lady name. And Aggie is what my hubby calls me because he hates the name Agnes. D:

There have been many interesting interpretations of "Emoo" over the years. But it quite simply is because Emus are my favorite animals. My gamertag would have been simply "Emu" had it been for the fact that many of the games I first started playing had a 3 letter minimum so emu became Emoo. Of course this was many years before the phenomenon of the "Emo" came about and it did take me quite awhile to actually to realise all the random people going "Hahaha Emo! Go die!" weren't simply random jerks. By that time of course it was too late for me to change, i'd grown quite attached to the name Emoo. When I first came to Wurm I did not realise that you could have 3 character names otherwise I probably would have just gone with Emu.

Of course since playing Wurm i've had plenty of "Emo" some people even seem to think of me as a cow..."E-moo" Electronic moos? How absurd. Some even managed to get it in their brains that it was a reversal of "Oome" Oo-me, maybe that says something about my attention seeking behaviour in past years....who knows.

Other tags i've been known to use on wurm and other games are Sanctus (Meaning Holy one, is my priest on Wurm) and bloody drongo. Which originated fairly recently playing left 4 dead with Nadroj, Maximustehgreat and others. Of course all being british I would have to connect to their servers and games meaning I would have a ping of 400-800 meaning I was definitely more of a burden than a help and it was not uncommon to come into the vent channel we'd be playing in to hear "Bloody Aussie!!!" One day someone said "Drongo" instead of aussie, presumably to be funny but it stuck. Iconically Australian and makes fun of my often stupid decisions!

well in most games phoenix is taken so I eventually distorted it into Feonex ... much like phrank

On 12/2/2011 at 1:01 AM, JackBurton said:

I started with PTO years ago on a game that was hosted by AOL called Starship Troopers Battlespace. Is stands for Power Take Off, which is a function on most bucket trucks and low profile line trucks. I was a communications lineman for years.

I use Jackburton now because I sold Pto.

Jack Burton is the main character in the movie Big Trouble in Little China.

cool story

pretty sure there's similar thread to this one, which is not as ancient

• Like 1

Used to work nightshift for a long time, I always had to play with US community in most games because of it and had trouble switching back to day life for years after, hence they called me Nocturnal. :)

Edited by Nocturnes