Sign in to follow this  
Daash

the lamps

When are we getting the normal ones back, halloween have been over a while now... they are ugly and in my mind shouldnt have been added in the first place. So why are they still around when the season for them are over ?

Yeah, get rid of the lamps (and leaves)

[me=Wulfgar]gets pitch fork.[/me]

+-1 make lamps normal again, but please add them as a new lamp ;) I like their look inside caves^^

There is always that one tacky neighbor that has their holiday decorations up weeks after the holiday is over. In Wurm, we're all that tacky neighbor.

Yeah, also take out the fall textures and forget you guys ever made this mistake.

The autumn coloured trees is nice, the leaves all over the slabs doesnt have the desired effect I think.

Yep, agreed to all. Lose the leaves on the ground, haloween lamps and keep the fall tree colors. Don't ever, ever use the leaves on the ground tiles ever again.

Actually, the leaves on the road and on the roof are okay.  It is the leaves all over the floor inside the house that don't fit.

And yes, it is time for the pumpkin lanterns to go.

There is always that one tacky neighbor that has their holiday decorations up weeks after the holiday is over. In Wurm, we're all that tacky neighbor.

Wait.. you mean I have to take all those lights off the exterior of the house?!?  I thought if I just didnt turn them on until 11/25 I'd be good to go :P

I assume it runs on an update basis.

Yeah, I just noticed [19:37:10] The server has been up 7 days, 7 hours and 4 minutes.

So wait basically your saying we're stuck with pumpkin lamps until the next update... most likely the update that turns them into Christmas ornament lamps (or something just as awful)?

Personally, I'd say lose the holiday graphic and just have it pulsate orange lighting for Halloween and pulsate between red, green, blue for Christmas or better yet as not all players celebrate these holidays leave them out all together?

I enjoyed the holiday touch, but if you're going to do it, make extra effort to update shortly after to remove them. 1-2 weeks is probably acceptable. I just hope I won't see them till Xmas.

if(username == "Wolfgar"){ AddLeavesToAllTextures(); } 

;)

I enjoyed the holiday touch, but if you're going to do it, make extra effort to update shortly after to remove them. 1-2 weeks is probably acceptable. I just hope I won't see them till Xmas.

This.

Seasonal packs are fine to go with the season. I'm one of those that really don't mind the autumn leaves littering the landscape as I actually think it adds a nice touch.

The halloween decor, however, should only last until halloween is over. The same way that christmas decor should only last until christmas is over, but the snow still stays until february.

Hopefully ONLY normal lamps are effected by the seasonal theme, changing lamps on the deed now... i cant see them another day.

THANK YOU rolf for making me spend a day or two that i could have used on something else to change them!!!

Change will be made tomorrow!

Too late to go back now... already started changing them out.

48 ugly (and constantly at risc of getting changed in design) iron lamps removed, 70 so far silver hanging lamps put in at their place... probably need 40 or so more as they need to placed differently. Very well spent time!

Daash, its your own fault that you replaced them. You couldve just tried to ignore them. Dont whine in here becuase youre wasting your time on a petty issue like that.

Daash, its your own fault that you replaced them. You couldve just tried to ignore them. Dont whine in here becuase youre wasting your time on a petty issue like that.

If something ruins the look of a carefully planned deed it is impossible to overlook it... and to me such a thing is not petty.

Maybe we should have little marcians on the lamps next time, preferably blinking in 30 different colors... after all its just a petty thing to you. And while we are at it why not add a bright yellow smiley on every slab. After all its just to ignore it isnt it.

And i HAVE tried to ignore them for a week now.