Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Envisioning the situation on Valrei - web developers lookie lookie

Oh I see.  So the only in-game indication of the end result of doing missions is contained in some rarely used panel that people need to resort to binding keys from the console to even access.

I guess I'll just ignore all this nonsense and simply play as usual.

*ahem*

You can also just press Esc to open the main menu, and open the spell effects window from that.

Esc stops my current action

*cough*

you've got it bound to stop_or_main_menu instead of just main_menu

I think it's pretty cool.  It's like a giant game of "Titan" overlain on to Wurm.  Though I think the twitter feed ought to be integrated into the game somehow.  Perhaps if you're a follower (or priest?) of a god you'll receive the twitter updates to you in-game (orange text). 

Suggestions:  High-faith priests and champions be able to "suggest" moves to your patron deity, once per turn; 'Don't move that way, go to the Daggers of Nosferatu instead!' 

I think it's pretty cool.  It's like a giant game of "Titan" overlain on to Wurm.  Though I think the twitter feed ought to be integrated into the game somehow.  Perhaps if you're a follower (or priest?) of a god you'll receive the twitter updates to you in-game (orange text). 

Suggestions:  High-faith priests and champions be able to "suggest" moves to your patron deity, once per turn; 'Don't move that way, go to the Daggers of Nosferatu instead!' 

Interesting you said that, Royalnaga (BL champion) got an odd message today while praying.

Something like:

"You feel that Libila deeply cares for you, and (something something something)"

Esc stops my current action

*cough*

You could wait until the action is finished...

By default it's bound to both stopping actions and the main menu, it checks for actions first.

Still not making sense to me.  I really don't understand what's going on.  What do WE get by helping gods move around the moon?  I mean who cares if your god is "winning" unless you as a player get tangible benefits from it?

Completing both the missions on the home and wild server helps the god move around faster. Without help it currently takes about 36 hours to move, with help about 12 hours. If you help them you get a small bonus.

The gods objective is to gather all the collectables. Once they have them all, they win the scenario, and an event happens that will aid their followers, which can be follower bonuses, terraforming event on the enemy lands, creature spawns etc.

So, If I mag follower, but our kingdom gets mission only for Fo and Vyn, in case of Vyn/FO win I will not get any bonuses? Or how I can help Mag to get bonuses from his win.

Do we have somewhere names of all Hexes? Map rolf posted totally unreadable

Do we have somewhere names of all Hexes? Map rolf posted totally unreadable

I haven't seen a proper list myself.  In case it helps, this is a list I put together, most of the names I got from the first map, and the more difficult ones have been confirmed by watching the xml.  The only one I am not certain of is "The Mowpits" (and I cannot rule out other mistakes).

Faltersteps
Shaded Depths of Uttacha
The Drown
Nogump the Dirty
Altar of Contemplation
Brokeneyes
Firejaw
The Shift
Valrei's Worried Brow
Plains of Hidden Thoughts
Windswept Heights
Scary Old Trees
Really Bad Lands
Beastwatch Range
The Nobody
Who's There Forest
Diamond Mines
Jeopardy Hunt
Dying Plateau
Skyrisen
Brittle Rocks
Loft Despair
The Dark Songs Forest
Jackal's Sanctuary
Castle Glittercrown
Spiritgathers
Weirdpeaks Fall
Spring Valleys
Eaglespirit Glacier
Wintertree Hills
Bloodsucker Marsh
Den of the Deathcrawler
Saltwalk
Mount Creation
Golden Jungle
Mount Assami
Humid Hills
Deadends
Foulwater Ices
Rusty Daggers
Broken Fingernails
Flamestrike Desert
Western Spurs
Drakespirit Gardens
Jagged Rise
The Myriad
Forest of the Dreadwalkers
Misthollow Flats
Home of the Treekeeper
The Fence
Bleak Plains
Deforestation
The Mawpits
Stomping-Grounds
Glowing Shrubs
Stargazers' Hollows
Withering Marble

Could be Mosspits...? Would suit the marshy logo better (another with that background is called Misthollow Flats).

Having a go at a new gameboard map and some icons this weekend.

Can we write some background lore for the immortals? Or have a competition or something for people to do some? Would help flesh it out a bit, stir the imagination.

Made some simple version of map, no overlaps in icon, all information from XML

http://sample.a-status.ru/z/

have a lot of questions, why Items gods have and items carrier (top part of page) doesnt agree (or it is already items collected some time ago?)

I made map bigger (111x100 hex) but it is just b/w draft of precvious map.

To make it not so contrast.

ALso now need icons for all gods/artis/creatures

and probably good Idea have track for all movement, but now to lazy work with database:)

Ooo nice backdrop  ;D

Shame that the white pixel halo around the icons' transparent background spoils it :-\

got more icons from Manny and I'll be re-working them anyway to better work with the bigger map as soon as I get the time. The extra space fixes the overlap problem too :)

Right Rolf, we need some info displayed for people to make sense of this;

The spirit effects that appear in a player's spell effects window, once a deity has 'conveyed the favour of the spirits who helped it to its followers': What benefit is this effect?

How do deities decide where to move? Is it a random direction or does our completing of missions help them choose the right path?

Can we have a display or info feed on which deity/immortal currently holds which token/collectibles?

There really needs to be a full description of what's going on, how it relates to us fulfilling missions and what benefits we receive: in one place, not scattered throughout blogs and forums.

Right Rolf, we need some info displayed for people to make sense of this;

The spirit effects that appear in a player's spell effects window, once a deity has 'conveyed the favour of the spirits who helped it to its followers': What benefit is this effect?

How do deities decide where to move? Is it a random direction or does our completing of missions help them choose the right path?

Can we have a display or info feed on which deity/immortal currently holds which token/collectibles?

There really needs to be a full description of what's going on, how it relates to us fulfilling missions and what benefits we receive: in one place, not scattered throughout blogs and forums.

This, Exactly this please, so the rest of us can figure out/find value in what the missions do for us on the ground.

I think, to kick off Epic, Rolf should have started the servers off with a bang.  That is, give us a taste of what can happen with a successful round of Valeri-gaming.  Maybe a volcano explodes on one home server, all trees become enchanted for a day on another home server, and all wild cats turn bright blue on a third (for example). 

Map of Valrei

Token artwork, and kindly hosted, by Jekev.

Tested in latest versions of Firefox and Chrome, and also with IE9 (and IE7/8 through it's developer tools) and IE6 (with a fix).

You can download everything in a zip file here, for those who wish to use it or just look at my poor code.  There are two versions of the php, one is for servers that allow cron/other download scheduling and one that gets the updates itself.  The xmls must be named with a php supported date/time format for the first version.  The second version will miss an update if nobody visits the page in that time.

Was a fun project at least.  :)

Some of these maps need some bugfixes, they can't handle scenario resets

Im totally lost. Can you add some background story to Valrei please.

The map looks like we are turning wurm into a board game, like Monopol =D