Sign in to follow this  
uberotaku001

Skyrim

Are people playing it on PC or consoles?

I prefer buying it for PC, but hesitating due to comments about it being a bad console port on PC.

bethesda is a company dedicated to making PC games

if anything it would be the other way around, considering like todd howard even publicly stated they prefer to work with the PC rather than the consoles.

i've noticed some bugs, but its bound to happen when you stick to a release date.

I'm playing on PC. You can tell the menu was designed with consoles in mind, but you get used to it. Anyone complaining of it ruining their lives has just not read the instruction manual and doesn't know how to set or use their favorite list.

There's a few bugs, but nothing that'll make you rage quit (although I've only played Wurm and Fallen Earth this year really, so I'm not exactly new to bugs!). Steer clear of Bonechill Pass - as it seems to make everyone crash to desktop right now - and you should be fine.

Also a tip: don't starve your combat perks, otherwise your sneaky pickpocketing smith might have a hard time when thrown into a brawl. Or a dragon attack.

My biggest complaint about the game is the font size. It's practically unreadable on smaller screens; my TV isn't very large, though I could move downstairs and play it on the widescreen, but I don't think my family would appreciate it :P

i only have 2 constant issues, when i put any weapon, not spell, in the Q favorite/quick menu and set them to 3 they will sometimes decide to unbind themselves, which sucks because when i run out of mana from spamming fireballs and run into melee with an enemy i expect to be drawing my sword to fight, not just bump into them while they tear away at my face.

And a also have this lady following me who really, Really, REALLY loves runing ahead of me only when theres a trap there. I swear shes gotten me killed countless times. I'd tell her to leave but shes a nice distraction to enemies in combat and makes for a good pack muel.

I've spent all my money leveling smithing to obtain this eventually

197px-Skyrimdaedricarmor.jpg

Daedric armor is so shmexxxy

Battlefield 3 is where my money went. Never been into the series much but Oblivion was pretty nice. I'll probably pick this up at some point, preferably a few patches down the line :P

The game hasn't had near as many issues as oblivion. In all honesty in my 20+ hours so far I've only had 1 crash and a few terrain glitches and something wouldnt activate. I have a hard time splitting between BF3 and skyrim but now that I got banned for afking warfronts in rift I have a whole new time spectrum for games:D

Playing a Wood Elf Assassin. So far it's meeting my expectations. I'm really happy with the easier leveling and the perks.

Been playing a Khajit mage. Having tonnes of fun blowing stuff up :P

Been a bit unstable for me the last couple of days, tho. When i started on Friday it never crashed. Today, it crapped out on me at least 5 times.

Funny how it didnt really bother me in the least, tho, as the autosave is frequent and the crashes most often seem to happen at an area transition, right after an autosave has completed so you don't lose any progress whatsoever.

Also because i have my steam games installed on a SSD drive, so load times are nearly nonexistant ;) a game crash costs me maybe 30 secs before im back in the action.

The quick-key system eluded me a bit before i stumbled upon how it actually worked. The game doesn't ever tell you how to do it, but you bind your spells/items to a Favourites menu, activate it with Q, and then hover over something in it and press 1-8.

Press the number to activate the skill. Press the number twice, and you assign it to both hands (if possible, like a spell). If you're playing a mage type char, this is immensely useful.

noticed a few bugs, but still loving it

playing a khajiit, i guess you could say im rolling an assassin?

Specializing in conjuration/ranged/one-handed/light armor

you bind your spells/items to a Favourites menu, activate it with Q, and then hover over something in it and press 1-8.

I love you man, for telling me this.

I started a new character, a Imperial trading/smithing/archer. I found a epic Ebony Ore area last night, Gloombound Mine, East of Windhelm, I got about 30 pieces of Ebony ore from it.

Yes, the favorites system is not well explained or intuitive, but is one of the best I've seen. I do kind of wish it was sorted however, as I've got weapons, shouts, some spells and lots of potions.

I started a new character, a Imperial trading/smithing/archer. I found a epic Ebony Ore area last night, Gloombound Mine, East of Windhelm, I got about 30 pieces of Ebony ore from it.

Thanks for this info:)

Please everyone post any ore areas you find. Im trying to become a dragon armor smith!

so far my smithing has been going up quite fast just spamming leather stuff (the armor piece that uses the lowest amount of leather, I think it's the one for the hand slot). Leather is really easy to get if you don't fast travel a lot

Quicksilver and Iron can be mined in Dawnstar, but those are pretty obvious. Gloombound Mine is probably my favourite one I've found; the orcs tell you to get out but don't actually do anything, and since it contains both ebony and iron it's pretty useful.

Hubby got it Thursday night (on Xbox, so he can play it on the projector).  He took Friday off work, played it all weekend, then told me he's taking today off, too.

I'm not sure if I should slip some food in there to make sure he's eating or what...  XD

So far, I've been to

Greywater Grotto and Pinepeak Cavern for Corundum Ore

Gloombound Mine and Embershard Mine for Iron Ore

Steamscorch Mine and Kynesgrove for Malachite Ore

Lost Prospect Mine for Gold Ore (you have to jump up behind the waterfall)

I raise smithing by making Iron Daggers (easy if you can make tons of gold) as I buy the Iron Ore and Ingots from the smither and Leather and Leather Strips and make them as they are only 1 of each required to make it.

That's how I do it too; also, Halted stream camp has 15 iron ore veins, and the mine at Stonehills has 4 but it's small and well lit so you can find what you want nice and quickly.

Found some interesting things for metal/gems in this dwarven factory. Will get back to you on the name.

A nice effect I noticed today: if you look at a light source, then turn to look elsewhere it takes a bit of time to regain vision.  Haven't seen that before.

Found some interesting things for metal/gems in this dwarven factory. Will get back to you on the name.

Mzulft Southeast of Windhelm?

One of the things I'm really enjoying is just how much the game is pushing you into quests - you can't so much as head into a tavern or walk into a town without immediately seeing a conversation of hearing about something to do. And the generic quest generator is pretty well done all in all - does a good job of pointing out any local dungeons you missed. Even the daedra quests are highly accessible, I've completed three so far without actually looking for the shrines.