Sign in to follow this  
Xandra

A goddess in my garden ... and EVENT!

Hi, good folks of the Freedom Islands!

Strange things are happening these days, when many of our strongest heroes are far away on their Epic crusade. Sit down, grab an ale, and hear my story:

Yesterday evening Zorkyntha just had materialized to start doing her daily duties while I did mine (sitting at an altar praying ...) when a loud yelling suddenly disturbed the heavenly peace of the Eastern KinCans. This smelled as a job for a Fo priest, so I grabbed some filled gems and rushed over.

What I saw first made my blood freeze:

thumb_5114_30_10_11_12_53_27.jpeg

(click pic to enlarge)

You bet this didn't smell well ...

Further investigation revealed the upper parts of this creature, and finally its nature:

thumb_5114_30_10_11_2_11_09.jpeg thumb_5114_30_10_11_2_12_47.jpeg thumb_5114_30_10_11_2_13_58.jpeg

(click pics to enlarge)

Now that's not exactly what you want to spawn on your deed, right? So we quickly fetched the children, saved the laundry from the clotheslines and secured the pigs - you'd never know what an avatar of this black goddess would have in its insane mind, right?

Then Morghor, our mad mayor, came by, grabbed his trusty battle horse and fearlessly attacked the monster - only to get stunned and thrown around the deed over and over. This must have been major fun, because the deed is very steep and full of corners where you can get stuck ;-)

Some more pictures for your viewing pleasure, look at the combat log on 2nd from left:

thumb_5114_30_10_11_2_15_20.jpeg thumb_5114_30_10_11_2_16_03.jpeg thumb_5114_30_10_11_2_16_29.jpeg thumb_5114_30_10_11_2_16_49.jpeg

(click pics to enlarge)

Now real harm was done to him, nothing what a Fo priest couldn't heal in an instant. Interesting discovery: it causes "internal wounds", and farmer's salve helps quite well against - cotton doesn't work.

Btw., Morghor has gone nuts now completely. Beware, he's telling this to everyone:

[04:02:22] <Morghor> [02:58:34] You cut Young avatar of libila extremely hard in the chest and irritate it.

[04:03:26] <Morghor> Woooot, I irritated a goddess ;-)))

Run for cover as soon as he enters your local!

We sent a notice to the demi-gods (/dev) to let them know of our 'luck'. They seemed to be asleep at this time. No matter, the KinCan deed is made for such, the avatar cannot escape and hasn't harmed any walls until now.

We'll try to get her into one of our fields, and then will invite all fighters of the Independence server to participate in a good old style kicking of a not-so-cute divine behind. As long as the one and only Wurmian UberGod doesn't decide to send her back where she belongs. Stay tuned!

Have a good time!

Xandra & the KinCaniacs

Edit: Event links:

You don't know what 08:00 pm UTC means for you? Find out here!

You don't know where to find this KinCan on the Independence server? Check the map! It's at 21x, 45y.

You want to participate, or just more information? Read this!

It all over now. Find the summary here, and a few more nice pics here!

young avatar of magranon is guarding our harbour on Deliverance... except the red dragon all remaining uniques seem to live in the NW quadrant...

great distribution. lol

Okay, so Exodus has  the Avatar of Vynora, Independence has the Avatar of Libilia, and Deliverance has the Avatar of Magranon?

So... where is Fo?

She went Wild maybe :)

My guess is though they weren't intended to be penned so I would not be surprised if it gets loose soon. 

Hi,

What is that?

This is the "black man" our mothers have warned us of. Or the equivalent. Someone has been not good. I bet is was Morghor, once again ...

Where did it come from?

This is not known. To my knowledge they usually hide below beds, or in wall closets - maybe it was relocated a few tiles during a server reboot and escaped from its hideout this way? I have seen such happen with all kinds of creatures already.

Anyway, now it's on the deed of KinCan, Independence, and to its bad luck this deed is well enclosed. This smells of a slaughtering of a goddess' avatar.

it's hideous! :o

Yes. This lady doesn't seem to have an exquisite sense of style, I agree. I had expected more from the "Lady in Black".

My guess is though they weren't intended to be penned so I would not be surprised if it gets loose soon.

Well, we have not asked for it ...

And as soon as she starts bashing our walls we'll open an outside wall and drag her out. Maybe we should anyways, if not the Server pays a sufficient ransom? ;-)))

We did some fighting tests with a high-class fighter and a mediocre roughneck (Morghor, who else?), and it ended in some quite impressive flying lessons and a few near-deaths. And quite few damage done to her. Believe me, you don't want to have this near your place!

EVENT:

We don't know if this is a bug, a feature, a Halloween present, or a quest for the Epic ppl. Until further notice/ information we see this as a present to the Independence server.

So the plan is to start a major whacking of a Godess' ugly behind

at Halloween evening, Oct 31th, 08:00 pm UTC at Kincan,

provided there's enough players to have a chance at her.

We'd provide a place that is sufficient safe for the flying lessons, and we'll have our gates unlocked. Plenty of cotton and farmers salve will be available. As well as a Fo altar at the center of the action, and Mag & Vny altars nearby. We'll need healers!

As mentioned, until further notice. I'll keep this updated. This might become the biggest chaos Independence has ever seen ;-)))

Have a good time!

Aosp works on this thing... should be easier than a real unique.

I would like to be contacted regarding any planned attempts to kill the avatar.

Roman

70+ FS

70+QL Med Maul / Large Metal & Studded

EDIT:

I just read the event post. It will be 7am my time the following day but I'll be there.

From my experience taking down previous forest giants, they aren't difficult to kill but you need to be sensible about it and have the right resources.

Decent Fo Priest and a decent group of 70+ Fighters equipped with high quality enchanted weapons should be able to take it down.

I believe the armour on uniques have also been buffed recently as well.

From my experience taking down previous forest giants, they aren't difficult to kill but you need to be sensible about it and have the right resources.

Its not a forest giant, its a GOD avatar with the looks of one. This one is much worse than a forest giant (just look at the wounds it does, internal wounds) and I imagine itll be harder to kill.

It is what was on test as "Avenger of Light"

Its not a forest giant, its a GOD avatar with the looks of one.

(Ninja'd by Alyeska.)

Ahhh i see... I just noticed that it's red in the picture as well

Stronger than forest giant?

UPDATE:

Avatar of Libila has now been penned in a field that should be quite secure in regard of her throwing ppl around. You get thrown out, it cannot follow, so heal, run back, rinse and repeat :)

Enki the Awesome has seen it, doesn't mind the plan, but we all don't know what the mighty Rolf will decide - maybe it is gone when we all gather? Please Rolf, don't do this!

KinCan (Morghor) will be ready to accept all Alliances for faster respawning, and will cancel them after the event. For non-Villagers Caine will be available (only before the event starts) for a quick membership in Port KinCan (just below) that will be canceled after, too.

More later. Have a good time!

PS: It does very lights to lights on ql 50 chain (more if repeated for sure), and it's possible to hit it with below 50 FS, tested. Aosp works.

Warning

Your post has been removed for Trolling.

Continued failure to abide by the forum rules could result in your account being banned.

No idea what time that is, I need one of those flashy count down timers  :P But I'll be there regardless

70+ FS

80+QL Drake with 90+ AoSP

75QL Large maul with 100Nimb 97FB 71CoC

Holy moley I live close to this thing! I need to come over and check it out!

Hi,

some information for the event here.

News:

<Rof> i have no objections xandra

Means, the event will take place!

Time is 08:00 pm UTC, look here for further info.

1.) At first, we can just hope that Rolf doesn't decide to take away the young Avatar of Libila ("yAoL" from now on), we don't know yet if its presence here is meant so or not. We check every 30 mins if it is here still, and will change the thread topic should it disappear. Atm its nicely penned, and no signs of damage on a wall was registered.

2.) We will get thrown around a lot. It is in a 6x6 pen now, so chances are good that you'll land outside of the pen. The yAoL will try to follow you, cannot, will choose another target.

Now you'll have a problem: KinCan is carved into a very steep mountain forest, and the KinCaniacs love trees, especially Willows. You'll have a hard time to find back ...

Short rule of thumb: If you are in a crazy thick, steep forest on deed, climb up to the SW.

If you are outside deed or on perimeter, go down to the E.

3.) Since we'll get thrown around so much, there will be no limit of numbers, nor a limit of skill.

Anybody can participate and is invited to challenge its luck!

But since usually only 40 fighers are possible for Uniques at once we kindly ask you:

If you are a low skilled/ geared fighter, try to get one hit on it, and then leave the pen!

(read your combat log!) Don't take the slot of a high-class fighter that might urgently be needed to bring down "her Ugliness"!

4.) Morghor, Irritator of Goddesses, Mayor of KinCan, will be in charge to keep control. He'll write in orange. And he's a nasty roughneck.

Don't obey Morghor's orders and you'll find a screenshot of you here in the forum, to your shame.

5.) We'll provide a large barrel filled with cotton, farmers salve (for 'internal' wounds) and meals right next to the deed token, very close to the killing pen. A well is just a bit above.

We kindly ask not to take more then what you really need before/ during the fight! Think of the others!

We'll have some horses there, too, and fighters might lose theirs during the fight, so:

Please don't steal horses, ask, and you might get free ones!

Use them during the fight, if desired, but then leave them in the pens you got them from.

6.) To make it more easy to re-enter the fight after a casualty we're offering short-time alliances (KinCan) and memberships (Port KinCan, just below), that will be canceled 1 day after the fight. Or earlier, if you do it yourself :)

You'll be able to pass gates and respawn there, nothing more. Only choose "at the token", please - anything else can be dangerous!

Who wants such should be present at least 1/2h before the start!

7.) I'll be, as a Fo priest, available for near-deaths. You'll understand that I cannot do this 24/7, I'll not touch anything but "severe" or worse. Anything else can be done with healing covers. You'll not die tough, you'll find healers at the Fo altar. I'll be there, too.

We, the KinCaniacs have been busy the last days to make this event possible. We don't ask for payment at all - free for all, for sure!

But if you'd like to contribute a bit, behind the large barrel, inside the "storage building" there's a small barrel. Feel free to drop gems and such stuff there, if you have spare ones :) This barrel is on a house writ, so you can drop, but only we can take. Don't feel obligated! Just in case ... And there's a deed token, too ...

About 1h left after the reboot. We'll kick her ugly behind, we can do it!

Counting on you!

I was always an explorer who was good at running, not so much at fighting, but I got a pretty decent sword, so I would love a shot to help out (at least wack it once if you have too many people for me to help at all)

if you all don't mind, count me in!

You had to start this after I get home from class lol.

I'll be there hopefully.

I would love to be at this event but unfortunately I have a forge full of stuff to imp lol.

epic fail haha good luck with the kill everyone.