Sign in to follow this  
Mallaboro

oh look... more slab and cobblestone.

Go to a village. Slab and cobblestone

Go to another village

Slab and cobblestone

Go along a highway

Cobblestone

Can we please have more tiles which give an equal movement speed which is suitable for settlements?

Ok, so a suggestion, people have been talking a lot about marble lately, maybe a material occasionally found when surface mining and made similar to how slabs are made. When talking about the apperance of this tile, similar to water, it show reflections.

Another tile suggestion, compact gravel. I for one am quite fond of the texture of gravel but not the movement speed bonus when compared to other surfaces, so maybe adding twice as many rock shards would make the gravel better to walk along.

Seriously, please, guys. We can't go on like this. Every village is the same, it's getting really boring.

We are working on texture variation for same tile types.

While that won't give more options to choose from it should fix the every tile looks the same feeling.

Being able to dye pavement would be so cool!

That would look terrible, you're right.

Maybe not pink and blue, but maybe shades of grey, brown, etc.

-1 to OP

+1 to slight tile variations.  ;D

-1 to this.

-1.. that would look really bad...

we dont play hello kitty man :P

Fair enough, maybe not pink and blue, but maybe shades of grey, brown, etc.

[me=Chromega]turns green at the thought of painted tiles[/me]

+1 to more variations, -1 for painting

Earth tone colors for paving would be fine.  And easy to implement I'd like to think?

+1

Yep we need more choices. +1

+1 from Protunia?  I have to record this.

*dies*

*grin*

+1

Perhaps make a few different slabs you can make.

Normal Slab = stone chisel + rock shards

Shine Slab = stone chisel + Golden rock shards {88kg} (85kg RS + 5kg gold lump) / Silver rock shards {88kg} (85kg RS + 5kg silver

lump)

Dark Slab = stone chisel + Dark rock shards {88kg} (85kg RS + 10kg Iron lumps)

Same idea with cobblestone.

-1 to OP

+1 to slight tile variations.  ;D

-1 to this.

-1 to you being alive. Give me a reason why you dislike the idea of more types of tiles.

Well, people will start to paint cobbles pink or other stupid colors, and I really dont want to see it.

Rock (and stone) on the planet earth is naturally found in a range of colors. I thought about this in relation with Wurm a long time ago and found that one way to varying colors of stone items in Wurm could be to have them have a specific color based on their ql at creation. These colors could span from very light grey at 0-10 ql to almost black at 90+ ql. Maybe some red, blue or green could be thrown in at various stages, like 50-60 ql could have a green hue, 60-70 ql could have a red hue, etc. Get it?

Rock (and stone) on the planet earth is naturally found in a range of colors. I thought about this in relation with Wurm a long time ago and found that one way to varying colors of stone items in Wurm could be to have them have a specific color based on their ql at creation. These colors could span from very light grey at 0-10 ql to almost black at 90+ ql. Maybe some red, blue or green could be thrown in at various stages, like 50-60 ql could have a green hue, 60-70 ql could have a red hue, etc. Get it?

Copper=green

Zinc=White

Iron=brown

Gold=You know, gold

Silver=...silver?

Tin=Gray

Stone=gray-ish gray.

Copper=green

Zinc=White

Iron=brown

Gold=You know, gold

Silver=...silver?

Tin=Gray

Stone=gray-ish gray.

No, you didn't get it. Try again

Well, people will start to paint cobbles pink or other stupid colors, and I really dont want to see it.

There are a lot of things that I think are stupid and would rather not see, but the Germans lost the war. In real life the ground is just as easy to paint as a wall. Infact the colors can all have a grey/stone hue. I think that being able to color slabs and cobble would be a simple and attractive solution.

I don't see how there is a difference between being able to paint a stone house and stone ground tiles. I agree that everything looks a bit too similar. I also really like the idea of marble!

How about marble as a new alternative?

I would welcome more variation in some form.

Well considering how most people's dies are faded and I fail to see how bring eye-searing color would be common.  Besides if ya  just let dye variation affect stone tiles the way it affects stone buildings ya won't get that problem. 

Why cant we have asphalt? a black surface to move on. Use gravel on tar. Wah lah. We have Asphalt. + it gives another use for tar and makes another tile we can move speedily on that will add more variety to what were doing. And -1 to painting tiles period.

Why cant we have asphalt? a black surface to move on. Use gravel on tar. Wah lah. We have Asphalt. + it gives another use for tar and makes another tile we can move speedily on that will add more variety to what were doing. And -1 to painting tiles period.

Tar only has 2 uses iirc, fuel and boats? Also for wooden floorboards, but who does that?