Sign in to follow this  
Gurubear

FORUM UPGRADE - Possibly Wednesday

If you really cant get on with the new layout, you do have the option of using the default SMF theme instead.

Is there also a way of turning it back to how it was? kinda a downgrade of that versionĀ  :(

I like it, mostly. I find it hard distinguish between posts at a glance though, there should be a border around them. Something like this:

http://i.imgur.com/41hd5.png

Edit - thanks, looks much better now!

Tone down the brightness a little bit and think about redoing the top banner and I think I could get pleasantly used to this layout. :)

Wow, this is kind of too bright. :P

The main thing that confuses me the most is that all of the posts look like quotes.

The main thing that confuses me the most is that all of the posts look like quotes.

agreed

It's a lot better since the line between posts was added, i kinda like it

A quick note to thank Tealc

He researched the upgrade and worked out where the problems were.

Consequently it went pretty well - baring a few heart stopping time outs from the server!!

I'm not sure on how to tell what posts are new in a subsection am i missing something?

The moment I saw how to change away from this theme I have - the 'SMF Default Theme - Curve' is I'm sorry, but 1000x better.

Something else to note - unless it's just me, my default language was automatically set to Albanian, lol.

I hate to hate, but I hate it.

That other theme is no use either, need something black (although the brightness just now isn't bad).

The post boxes look like quotes.

I like the menus

Is there not a library of themes you can upload so folk can choose between a few?

[EDIT] like this one: http://www.burnmind.com/smf/

I am sure we will make minor adjustments to this theme over time.Ā  In the meantime this is far superior to what we were using, and I am sure most of us could use the tan.

I am pleased with the changeover.Ā 

Matter of opinion.

Also, what happened to the Wild server section linking?

I just want a black background, because this is too bright.

Everything else is fine.

Wild server linking is still in place.Ā  Wild names will be readded by us, though all the other names will likely require readding by the account owners.

Also there are a lot more new things than just the theme, one being buddy lists....

I am sure we will make minor adjustments to this theme over time.Ā  In the meantime this is far superior to what we were using, and I am sure most of us could use the tan.

I am pleased with the changeover.

So there is no way of putting it back to its better self?

So disappointed .... downgrade :(

Don't forget the ignore lists too Tealc...lots of trolls are going to find their effectiveness neutered.

Yeah my brain keeps telling me to look under the quote for the message. I think from a visual aspect the website now looks good but from a practical side not having a dark background makes for tough reading.

I don't really like it.Ā  I don't like the box around the posts because everything looks like a quote and the brightness is hard to navigate for me.Ā  Sorry.

MY EYESSSS.

Text is quite hard to read it's almost blending.

At who's online section, some dev? cm? gm? have really bright blue that is blending with bg. Can read it only after selecting it with block.

Holes in forum-section font should be there? I see few and it looks like it's scaling bad. New-post image doesn't load/exist.

Time to search for default theme button..

It would be nice to have the text like the title is in the same color then use the text box now for the quote color..IMO

I think overall it is a improvement but there are some parts of it that are bad.

The two parts that I imagine would be easy to change is the black text on the wood background where it has topic titles and whatnot, it just looks out of place and it's hard to read, and also the radioactive blue that 'people of power' seem to have when they are on the 'who is online' list, moderators and whatnot.

But the one thing that is very irritating is how every post sortof implies it is a quote, maybe it's just because I'm used to the generic SMF layout, and pretty much every generic layout (phpbb and Vbulletin for example) but I think it would work alot better if there was not that teal/green/whatever box where people post, just have it the cream or whatever color. Instead I'd use the green/teal color used in the whole post for quotes, as the light blue currently used for quotes is a bit much.

Outside of that, it's just a few minor things, for example the top right has 'Do NOT give others your character password' in bright red on a cream background... yuck!

Again thou, massive improvement imho - just a few things I noticed.