Sign in to follow this  
Oracle

Madt FM

i had loled at the picture, and you 2 should argue else where, this thread is to celebrate madt's promotion to forum mod not for people to complain :P if you got nothing good to say, dont say it

if you got nothing good to say, dont say it

Only in a world where people with criticisms are hung and/or shot.

Nobody would learn from mistakes, nobodies opinions except the nice ones would be heard.

Nobody could live in a world where people followed that rule.

Gratz Madt

c wut i did there

just a question to the CM's/GM's monitoring this topic and the "going mr" one in barracks:

Why are the pictures making fun of zarnibuddha still standing, while the comments/pictures that made fun of jkers, especifically kyarans, are constantly being removed ? (me having not posted any of them)

personally, I dislike seeing any of them, but I believe it is only fair that if you remove one, you have to remove the others, or else you may be confirming that of which some players are constantly accusing you for.

On a more topic related note:

Congratulations Madt

just a question to the CM's/GM's monitoring this topic and the "going mr" one in barracks:

Why are the pictures making fun of zarnibuddha still standing, while the comments/pictures that made fun of jkers, especifically kyarans, are constantly being removed ? (me having not posted any of them)

personally, I dislike seeing any of them, but I believe it is only fair that if you remove one, you have to remove the others, or else you may be confirming that of which some players are constantly accusing you for.

On a more topic related note:

Congratulations Madt

I personally considered the comics deleted from this topic in good humour too. Don't see what is wrong with drawing someone bashing kyara's walls, but I guess that's just me.

Also, a cartoon that uses someone's real life problems to "joke" around with someone else, isn't that harmless. (talking about a certain cartoon in the barracks)

Genghis, if you PM me or another mod on here with a link to the post in question and actually complain about the post content and the complaint seems sensible, it will be dealt with.

What worries me is that every FM has probably seen that cartoon and found nothing wrong with it...

Plus, I couldn't care less if it's removed or not. I just feel that lately the wurm forums have been proving again and again that there are no objective rules/criteria to decide wether something is suitable to be in the forums or not, and just appointing everyone a CM/GM is going to solve it.

A forum mod may not see anything wrong with it from their point of view since it seems like a harmless joke. If it bothers someone and they don't tell a mod, how is a mod to know if it is bothering them?

The previous pictures posted had the insinuations of a GM abusing their powers and GM favouritism. This is against the forum rules, so it was removed.

If anyone does have something posted they are not happy about and it is reasonable, then please tell someone so something can be done.

At least my comic went up on the thread a bit with the deleted posts. ;D

ya if zarni is getting all upset about it he can just pm a mod and it will be removed probably

ya if zarni is getting all upset about it he can just pm a mod and it will be removed probably

Well, seriously:

At first, I doubt you guys are complaining to a GM or CM everytime to get a post removed, there are rules they've to sort the forum after.

2nd, if there are rules and FMs / CMs / GMs to make people follow the rules and edit / remove posts if needed, there shouldn't have to be complained about a post to get it removed.

And btw, none of my posts have ever been removed (afaik, at least I got no warnings / pms). It's just against my sense that you would have to complain to get a post removed. If its against the rules it has to be removed.

Well, seriously:

At first, I doubt you guys are complaining to a GM or CM everytime to get a post removed, there are rules they've to sort the forum after.

2nd, if there are rules and FMs / CMs / GMs to make people follow the rules and edit / remove posts if needed, there shouldn't have to be complained about a post to get it removed.

And btw, none of my posts have ever been removed (afaik, at least I got no warnings / pms). It's just against my sense that you would have to complain to get a post removed. If its against the rules it has to be removed.

Exactly Balmore. Lots of people from your town/immediate MR area seem to be complaining a lot when a post of theirs gets removed, wondering why there is no reason shown against it...If it was against the rules there wouldn't need to be, and posting stuff to get it deleted to constantly try and provoke a reaction from the cm/gm (which regularly happens with DM and a small group of LOers for example) in an attempt to 'show them up' would be against the rules itself, as well as wasting their time in writing out little explanations on why your silly one liner or latest image spam was removed each time they have to.

Oh noes [me=flyingmonkey]hides[/me]

Oh yes!    24.gif

Haha! I love it! Congrats Madt, forgive my slowness. =D