Sign in to follow this  
Daash

Public Project: Tunnel from West coast to GD

GD Tunnel Project

tunnel.png

Project Goal: Make a easy and fast way to travel to Green Dog from West coast to Green Dog.

Steps: (1) Make the tunnel (2) Reinforce the tunnel

Leaders: Daash, Noemi

Project Start: 20th Oktober 2011, 20:00 (gmt +1)

Project Starting point: From the coast side of the mountain.

Provided: Food, Water and Free imping of pickaxe during the project time (provided you help with the tunnel)

If you want to join in and help out with this project please post this information:

Name ingame:

Mining Skill:

Time of day you play:

To keep this thread clear please dont post anything else but this infomation, this is a simple project at its base and ther are no need to make it hard.

Progress so far:

1 tile to GD side done.

2nd tile in width are started.

Name ingame: Beneldorla

Mining Skill: 42ish *flex*  ;D

Time of day you play: 1800-23 CET weekdays +/- and more in weekends.

Direpox in game name

61.10 mining skill

6-10 PM mon-fri more on weekends.

Warning

Your post has been removed for Thread derailment.

Continued failure to abide by the forum rules could result in your account being banned.

Please keep posts in here to what the OP has requested which is to post if you wish to join .

Lets not have this thread derailed and locked like the last one please .

Birdmansback- villager

69.30 mining

15 hours a day im on

currently helping..going fast, more hands would take no time at all

i wanna congratulate our village and any others who helped complete the tunnel. good job guys, and girl. now our next project is to support the walls with beams, talk to Daash, Noemi, or Aske about helping out with this community project

The tunnel will be closed off for everyone besides the ones working on it, there are 2 reasons for this:

1) we dont wont people to mess it up.

2) The ones that have and will help out should have first chance to use the ore that are found.

Whats left to do is to mine the second tile in width and reinfore the minetunnel on both sides.

People that want to help report to me or noemi.

Daash,

Now that you are through to the GD side I will help mine out cave walls, as my deed is located on the south lake there and I didn't want to travel to the starting side. I have no interest in the ore, just want to be able to travel through the tunnel as compensation. Please make sure I am on both mine doors as I don't want to get stuck over there.

Name ingame: Ayes

Mining Skill: 66.62

Pick: 77 QL WoA 94

Time of day you play: Various Hours Daily

=Ayes=

Daash,

Now that you are through to the GD side I will help mine out cave walls, as my deed is located on the south lake there and I didn't want to travel to the starting side. I have no interest in the ore, just want to be able to travel through the tunnel as compensation. Please make sure I am on both mine doors as I don't want to get stuck over there.

Name ingame: Ayes

Mining Skill: 66.62

Pick: 77 QL WoA 94

Time of day you play: Various Hours Daily

=Ayes=

We are working from west to the GD side by mining a few tiles so its 2 tiles wide and then reinforce them. And basicly i cant keep two work team running without having to run back and forth all the time. Takes 8 min to walk through the tunnel to the west side of the mountain... that isnt much time if you have to do it once a day.

Daash,

I do not mind at all walking >through< the mine tunnel to work from the west towards GD. My point was that I did not want to walk >around< the mountain to get to that entrance. So, if you put me on the doors for access at each end I will come and spend some time mining out the cave walls from that end.

Also, I would need to know where the entrance is on the GD end as it is not apparent from my searching for it.

=Ayes=

Daash,

I do not mind at all walking >through< the mine tunnel to work from the west towards GD. My point was that I did not want to walk >around< the mountain to get to that entrance. So, if you put me on the doors for access at each end I will come and spend some time mining out the cave walls from that end.

Also, I would need to know where the entrance is on the GD end as it is not apparent from my searching for it.

=Ayes=

its not through the mountain as of yet iirc. the yellow tunnel section of the map is 'to be completed'.

It has indeed broken through the mountain, with the exit being on one of the top platforms of the town just northwest of GD.

It has indeed broken through the mountain, with the exit being on one of the top platforms of the town just northwest of GD.

well that was quick progress. grats to those involved.

Daash,

=Ayes=

Black Summit deed, up the hill from the champ scorp

What ever happened with this "Public" tunnel? Has it been opened to the public? I could never even find the entrance on the Green Dog side due to the vague directions I was given. Although I won't be using it personally, it would be nice to give visitors directions to it for access to and from Green Dog from the west side.

=Ayes=

I live on the west side of the tunnel. It has a locked gate. I know not why. It's certainly not public.

i think the guys are on epic. or maybe quit. not really cool to make this project and look for folks to help. then they do. and then abandon it after the first part is done. all that was left was making it wider and support beams. this long ... i can see collapses.

First part was pretty easy, just tunnel trhu the mountain..

i believe it has been made wider now, and are makin the materials for the supportbeams

but as for 1 man to be doing all of this atm ... it is a bit much to demand it being ready already...

I do agree however that it should be opened once done, wich it will

Radon

I agree with Validate and further that the tunnel should be opened now. Making it 2 tiles wide over time is all good and well; however, having kept it closed for all this time and continuing to do so makes little sense.

This whole project has been little more that a private tunnel with the facade of enlisting help under the label of "public project". As you will note, in the past I offered my help but no effort was put into enabling me to have access to do so. At least it ended up that I did not waste my time and effort on this so called "public project".

=Ayes=

I agree with Validate and further that the tunnel should be opened now.

Have you ever been to the cave canal on Independence?

If you have you know that the whole tunnel will probably be ruined very fast if it is opened before the walls are properly reinforced.

That may be true. I'm no expert on digging public tunnels.

3 months without any word on what's happening does seem a little peculiar though. There's plenty of folks who might be willing to help with whatever it is that is still required.

I wasn't around when it was first made. To me it's just a locked gate on a mine that I pass every day. Never seen anyone around it, and none of the neighbours I've asked seem to know what's going on. Do we know for sure that it's still an active project?

Arkenor,

You pretty much have it down as I see it. Basically they labeled it as a "Public Project", completed the access all the way through the mountain and then abandonded the project without a care that they had sealed it off so that none could use it.

I see no need to have have the tunnel sealed off until it has been dug 2 tiles wide and completely reinforced. What can others do to harm it? Dig side tunnels? Big deal. If someone wants to ruin the tunnel, they could still dig down the floors, even if all the walls are reinforced (and Rolf has still given us no way to repair mine floors by the way).

And as it is now, even if others were willing to come and do some work on it on their spare time, they have no way to enter it to do any work on it. Open the tunnel and make a new post saying that others can now enter to work on it at their convenience.

=Ayes=