Sign in to follow this  
Mattson

Animal Husbandry

is not the horses i'm woried about is the total animal count

if horses get a big share of it then notihing will be left to the wild

i just been to deli on a steppe and i can tell u i saw no animal trough the entire steppe except for a starving dog,no corpses or any other trace of hunting there

is that normal?and yes i saw empty steppe on independence too like 2 weeks after ppl moved to deliverance when it was suposed that the animal spawn were fixed

also on exodus on the steppe i usualy hunt there been like 1 month till i saw other mobs than large rats,wildcats and spiders

some times even those were in small numbers

now i see a invasion of mountain lions ,coundted like 50 on the hill behind my deed.

all in all great job from the dev team making it easyer to get to 70 fs but ruining the animal count on wich u could skill to that lvl

I have quite a few horses on my deed now, I think I am almost up to a 100 if you look at both foals and horses. These are for sale and breeding. I also have a bunch of dogs who randomly strayed on my deed, a few champ crocs, a few greenish bears and champions bears, and a variety of unicorns, all for breeding and getting fightskill.

I cannot walk out of my palisades without getting attacked by 5+ animals at any time. Sorry, but " hoarding" animals doesn't affect the hunting at all. I live right next to the steppe, I have seen the decrease in creatures. Has nothing to do with hoarding animals, it was a broken spawn system. Go visit today and you will notice some of the lairs are actually coming back.

These lairs started respawning right after rolf changed the animal movement code where dogs, wolves, bears and the likes dont get stuck in pits anymore. You might want to look at that instead.

It annoys me when people tell others how to play their game. If someone wants to keep 300 cows on a 2x2 pasture, good for them. The game mechanics wont allow it and they will die off eventually. Disease will kick in, you know how that goes. If that is what someone enjoys doing, then just let them. If someone wants to mine out every single vein they can find, I wont complain about it. I know those veins will come back sooner or later, I dont worry about all the veins in the game dissapearing. If there is any mechanic that allows one person to spoil the gameplay for loads of others, I know it will be fixed. As far as I know, there isn't any mechanic that allows you to ruin someones gameplay just by doing what you enjoy yourself.