Sign in to follow this  
ZarmaZarma

New Autumn Pack

The uniformity of the leaves on each and every tile lets it get old pretty quick.

Are the leaves a modified ground texture or is it done using multitextures? Having them as a second texture on the tile with like a dozen of different leaf textures to choose randomly from might look a bit less uniform. Also the distant terrain should not show mega leaves ;)

I have never in my life, wanted a broom more than I do now. :)

Oh so much!

But otherwise, it looks very nice (except for steep slopes) :).

autumn201104.jpg

autumn201101.jpg

autumn201102.jpg

autumn201103.jpg

I was looking forward to the fall (ingame at least), all those lovely vibrant colors. The leaves... it's a bit hard to make distinction between different kind of tiles at time now (packed-unpacked dirt; dirt and sand for instance) and in certain places they do look a bit weird.

But after playing a few hours, that part of the fall too has grown on me, and in most places I like it now. Good job overall! :)

+1 to being able to choose seasons under settings.

I really love the general look of this pack, especially with the leaves on rooftops and paths! I was surprised to find leaves inside big houses and underwater, however.

Wonder how leaves on the water would look? ;)

Agree with EliasTheCrimson, only thing that i find weird is that leaves render on distant terrain too.

Dont liek to be negative or anything but theres everywhere it looks horrid

The idea with seasons is good, but i do agree that i can be to much sometimes.

I dont like the leafes on the roofs, it looks wrong.

Besides that, the leafes shouldnt be inside houses etc.

But we all know what the idea is, and lets just hope that it will improve over time :)

Besides that, good work.

Now my house is full of leaves! that has to change

EDIT:

I just found out that there are no leaves on floor boards why is that?

I can see why this was done the way it was.

Much easier, from a coding perspective, to overlay all existing texture patters with another leaf patter, and just replace them.

No logic needed as to where the tiles are, or in what relation they are to trees.

It might be difficult to change, but the only thing that bothers me a bit is the leaves inside structures.

I absolutely LOVE the fall colors in the trees, and that the art team properly remembered what an "evergreen" is.  ;D

And the leaf littered rooftops are very nice.

I like when a dev team tries to put in new things, even if just something small that isn't "play" related.

Nice little update, overall.

Apologies to art team if my previous comment was a bit harsh but it is definitely how i feel about the autumn textures.

I feel that the leaves are overdone... i have leaves in places where there are no trees nearby (inside my house and a huge plains area that I deforested weeks ago)

I think you could get a nicer look by keeping all tiles free of fallen leaves and only having trees and grass changed to autumn colours just like the autumn colours from previous years.

good report card here.. i think it looks awesome.

yeah the leaves in the house are a little annoying and the giant distant leaves are a little strange but your playing wurm. the engine is known to be limited in what you can do with graphics.

Is it perfect? nah.. does it totally nail that "fall time of year" feeling? for me it does. thank you so much art team!

I really liked last years autumn pack...

This one looks so horrible, I am actually looking forward to the winter pack for the first time.

1) Grass with leaves look like moss at a long distance. We just had nice new grass, not sure why change it to something so horrible. Last years autumn grass looked awesome as well.

2) Everything looks low resolution and horrible at long distance, well actually at near distance as well. What happened to dirt?

3) The leaves everywhere just looks like someone puked all over the tiles.

4) Can someone please dig up last years autumn pack and replace the current one with that one. Thanks.

I really liked last years autumn pack...

This one looks so horrible, I am actually looking forward to the winter pack for the first time.

1) Grass with leaves look like moss at a long distance. We just had nice new grass, not sure why change it to something so horrible. Last years autumn grass looked awesome as well.

2) Everything looks low resolution and horrible at long distance, well actually at near distance as well. What happened to dirt?

3) The leaves everywhere just looks like someone puked all over the tiles.

4) Can someone please dig up last years autumn pack and replace the current one with that one. Thanks.

Maybe(most likely)its just me but i dont remember wurm having an autumn pack last year...

Maybe(most likely)its just me but i dont remember wurm having an autumn pack last year...

There was.  :)

autumn.jpg

Not had much chance to see this years, spent most of the day underground.

all in all its great, especially the maples.

The leaf discussion, well, yeah until we dont hae a coding to determine differences between tiles (slopes, interiors) we will have this problem thqt it doesn't fits everywhere. Especially leafs in areas where no Trees are arond like desterts its a little odd. but all in all its great and only for a short time go ino woods ppl and enjoy your Fall.