Sign in to follow this  
BlGpapa

cracking sound with night background

cracking sound with night background

at first i had think that some part of my comp or sound system was to blame but after i checked it only happen in wurm and only at night.

no it's deeper, i said i checked my sound system because it really sound like a speaker or some wire is not connected correctly. but i cheker everything and it only does it in wurm at night.

i moved away from any fire or light source still does it. it very deep sound so by turning my character around doing 360 and using mute on some of my speaker  i find that i cant hear it in my center speaker. the sound is so deep and only big speaker able to render bass do it. since my front and rear speaker are not the same i noticed that i heard them better with the one that have the biggest speaker for bass. so if you dont have a really good sound system you wont heard it. that probably why almost no one have noticed that.  

oh just for information i dont have a subwoofer, with the set of speaker i have i dont need it. i have 5.1 system  but no sub

oh and one last thing it seem to be comming from the sound of the lake does at night near where i live.

i will try to go deep into the wood away from the lake next night to see if it still does it

Try looking through the ground, you can hear a lava spider/fiend from a good distance away even on the surface.

ok i can confirm it's stop when i move away from the lake, so it's the sound the lake make a night that cause this.

ok i can confirm it's stop when i move away from the lake, so it's the sound the lake make a night that cause this.

Go into your sound settings tab. What is your sound source? Hardware, Software, or Silent (highly doubt it's silent!)