Sign in to follow this  
RainRain

Colours!

What colors? I didn't notice any change... Are my setting somehow blocking the changes?

Edit: silly me, used a cached version, had just to reload the page :D

Looks more lively :)

+1 I like it^^ makes it alot easier to see the wanted forum ;)

Belthize, MrGary,  I will work on those 2 details later today.  Thank you for the input.

While the forum is being discussed, is there any reason why the WTB, WTS etc sub-forums are spilt up between the Freedom isles?  With cross server postage working, there's no reason why I wouldn't want to trade with someone on a different isle.  It's a pain having to check all 3 sub-forums to see what's happening on the market though.

That should be better in all themes.  We are not technically catering to the default or lighter themes, but I tried to find a good middle ground between them.

Lily, it is a 50/50 split between local trading and inter-isle trading.  We have not come up with the best solution for that at the moment.

While the forum is being discussed, is there any reason why the WTB, WTS etc sub-forums are spilt up between the Freedom isles?  With cross server postage working, there's no reason why I wouldn't want to trade with someone on a different isle.  It's a pain having to check all 3 sub-forums to see what's happening on the market though.

It was a pain to check and use the market forum before it was split up into 4 sections, as a post could scroll down 4 pages in one day.

It is better to keep it this way, as more players are flowing into the game, and we don't want the situation back again.

Brighten up everything under Town Square and I think it'll be great. :P

Honestly I prefer that cyan over the douchebag tan orange.

If you mean the cyan that the 'Back Streets' forums were before then I agree.

Belthize, MrGary,  I will work on those 2 details later today.  Thank you for the input.

Much better, thank you :)

That should be better in all themes.  We are not technically catering to the default or lighter themes, but I tried to find a good middle ground between them.

Lily, it is a 50/50 split between local trading and inter-isle trading.  We have not come up with the best solution for that at the moment.

Why not a big "Freedom trading center"

With a single subforum for each kingdom, of where they can use tags in the post tile [WTS], [WTB] and [AUC] for item descriptions?

Why not a big "Freedom trading center"

With a single subforum for each kingdom, of where they can use tags in the post tile [WTS], [WTB] and [AUC] for item descriptions?

That sounds worth considering.  We will look into it.

That is what we had before and it didn't work well. Merchants were bumping their ads to stay on top and new offerings fell off the first page after mere hours. And at most half of the threads would actually use tags.

I think combining all the Freedom Isles into one set categorized subforums could work, but one big forum for all would be chaos.

Sounds like there should be some sort of way, if at all possible, to have settings that one can change if they don't like the way they see things. Maybe make the tabs a required thing if you use the tag idea, like when they create the post they have to choose WTB or WTS. You can't please all the people all the time, and apparently, all those people are in this thread.

That is what we had before and it didn't work well. Merchants were bumping their ads to stay on top and new offerings fell off the first page after mere hours. And at most half of the threads would actually use tags.

I think combining all the Freedom Isles into one set categorized subforums could work, but one big forum for all would be chaos.

It would be one big one, which has inter-server trading (those who wish to) and 3 subforums, for each isle, for local trading.

In each, the 3 bigger forums would be combined, merchant ads would probably stay in the interserver, save for those which are for manual labour.

As most merchants use the mailing system.

Looks good, I like the muted colors too.  Thanks for improving the look and feel of the forums.

It would be one big one, which has inter-server trading (those who wish to) and 3 subforums, for each isle, for local trading.

In each, the 3 bigger forums would be combined, merchant ads would probably stay in the interserver, save for those which are for manual labour.

As most merchants use the mailing system.

-Freedom Isles

--Inde

----Inde Recruitment

--Deli

----Deli Recruitment

--Exo

----Exo Recruitment

--Market

----WTS

----WTB

----Auctions

----Merchant Ads

--Boat Salvage

For those items where a mailbox can't be used, or people aren't willing to travel cross servers, they just need to add their server tag to the post.

Easy.