Sign in to follow this  
RainRain

Colours!

gee that was fast....  I was just experimenting.  Trying to make it so your eyes fall to the section you are looking for.

gee that was fast....  I was just experimenting.  Trying to make it so your eyes fall to the section you are looking for.

I certainly like 'em, Livens up the forums a bit.

Unlike the majority of internet users, I rarely have problems with colors and contrasts, so, i'm fine with coloring... as long as it's not black text on a dark background, where it's near impossible to read (which is something i've noticed in the WIP client overhaul - black text on a dark wood-brown background).

Put New Arrivals under Town Square please? :)

Put New Arrivals under Town Square please? :)

+1

Yeah I figured we were too used to Town Square being on the top.  Was just an idea.

A bit hard to read on the lighter forum theme I've chosen, but nothing irritating.

DM, I'd recommend just keeping the top board links (IE: Back Streets, Theatre, etc) the default link color that it used to be. Everything else looks great.

It's too many colours now....

i liked it at first, but then more stuff was added... now it looks like an acid trip.

Leave the category text as it was before (iow official buildings, back streets, etc)...

edit: damn xallo beat me to it.

Great job DM for finishing the job. It looks great! ;D

It's great except for the light blue ones against the darker blue background.  That kinda bothers my eyes a bit.

+1 easier to spot related subforums now, thanks!

Guess I'll be the stick in the mud.  The colors are fine but recycling the yellow (CityHall vs Vessels/salvage) and green (New Arrivals vs FreedomIsles) so they appear in different sections made me think there was some sort order issue or it implied unread/important must read post or something.

The colors do help group things but I'd suggest just making all the colors in a section the same or, if you want one

topic in a section to stand out, make it first or last part of the section and make it a different shade of that color.

That said it is an improvement.