Sign in to follow this  
Dashiva

[2008-10-12] New test client 2.5.2.670

There's a new test client, URL is (as always) http://www.wurmonline.com/client/testclient/wurmclienttest.jnlp

* Wiki viewer now supports redirects.

* Bugfix: Position manager now updates itself properly when you resize the window.

* New splash screen handling and new wurm logo. No more downscaling and stretching.

* Bugfix: Trade windows will now remember their size and position properly again.

* Custom resolution input is now limited to digits (and at most 4). If you get a screen with width/height above 9999px, let us know.

* The client will no longer syn flood the server with library updates.

As there has been no new main client yet, the changes from the previous test client are still relevant:

* Stability fixes

This should help people who got X Error BadMatch or BadWindow when trying to start. It also solves the problem where a new install on mac os 64 (or other platforms that don't support LWJGL) would crash. Also fixed is the crasher on new installs because of missing icons in the file chooser.

* New display option widget

Mostly the same as the old one, but with a few new features. JOGL now supports maximized mode, and both renderers support custom resolutions in windowed mode. It also disables most options you don't need to concern yourself with, so it should be easier to use. Being a new widget, please stay alert for regressions.

* Working scroll bar arrows

The arrows on scroll bars should now work. Clicking on the scroll bar itself is still on the todo list, so no need to tell us about that.

* Window manager improvement

The window positions are now saved and loaded based on the actual canvas size. So if you resize your window during play you won't overwrite your normal-size settings.

Go ahead and give it a spin. Even if you don't test anything else you should log in at least once. It's a bit late to notice the game no longer works when it's released in the main client! If you do find a bug, please report it in the bugs & problems forum rather than posting here.

When will the problems with textures going all green and far terrain having pink dots all over it be fixed? :P

When will the problems with textures going all green and far terrain having pink dots all over it be fixed? :P

It's a feature.

Madt, you're most likely in 16 bit colour, go to your desktop and change it back to 32bit.

This happened to me the other day, i noticed my vista theme was ugly silver too. Just messing around and bumped it back to 32bit solved it.

oh man i get that all the time, only with green dots on sides of mountains.

Madt, you're most likely in 16 bit colour, go to your desktop and change it back to 32bit.

This happened to me the other day, i noticed my vista theme was ugly silver too. Just messing around and bumped it back to 32bit solved it.

Logo looks nice, but now people will have to start making nicer screen shots ;) Looks bad with all that black around the image. Other then that it seems nice and stable.

It's a feature.

Uhh, where might I find information related to textures? ???

Here what it looks like, if that helps...

e80b4k.png

29dkb4j.png

First one looks kinda like the compression, and/or drivers, I know I had that problem with some graphics drivers about a year ago. Then resurfaced in some client version, which was then solved by disabling the compressions under advanced settings.

I tried disabling compressions, nothing. Tried changing the colour to 32bit (which it was already atm anyway) nothing.

I'm all out of ideas. should I post console logs from my wurm folder?

* Make a new thread

* Post your console.log from a otherwise normal run that has the problem

* Post exactly which options you've tried enabling/disabling

* Check whether it applies to all textures, or just some (and say which those are)

I tried disabling compressions, nothing. Tried changing the colour to 32bit (which it was already atm anyway) nothing.

Are you using Geforce card?

There is a setting that change apperance. Cant remember it now, but something like this

"Best graphics" - Balanced - Better performance" something.

I had "better performance" at my old comp and i got this green cobble. When i changed to "Best graphics" it looked ok.  maybe its something like that?

/Rob

Madt,

Try reducing the texture size too, i think it defaults to 512, try 256.

Madt's problem has already been solved.

Incidentally, this is why I tell people to make separate threads for bugs right away.

I made a thread for it before but it kinda got forgotten about.

Yes my problem is solved many thanks to Steffe. Nothing to see move along.