Sign in to follow this  
Othob Rithol

POLL about Freedom KOS

Should KOS be restored on Freedom servers?  

187 members have voted

1. 1. Should KOS be restored on Freedom servers?

• Put it back to the way it was.
    • Put in a non-violent alternative.
    • It should not be restored in any form.

Keeping it short and sweet as I know you are all smart and do not need me to write a book on societal norms. A non-violent alternative to the now defunct KoS teaches players that their actions have no consequences in Wurm's society. For this reason I cannot support the current change or the non-violent alternative.

edited for clarification

I would like to see KOS restored in it's original form.  I want there to be consequences for breaking into a property and trying to do damage.  It's not right that because a few deed holders may have abused it we all have to be punished.  Deal with the abusers individually.  And I'm not so sure about how many really abused it.  Seems the most vocal folks complaining about the KOS were the ones causing problems and trying to break in.

i think there are far too many legitimate reasons to need to keep people off your land on this server. Because i've been in situations that have required myself to KOS certain undesirables i can't bring myself to click "non-lethal option" ...however i think if thats the *only* option i'd take it. Some protection is better than none.

No staff bashing, accusations, trolling, flame baiting or arguing please.

Just Vote. There are plenty of other threads for discussion, name calling, venting and trolling.

If you want to leave an opinion you can, but please do not comment on what others have written.

Keep it civil, keep it clean PLEASE.

Edit: Forum thread title changed to avoid bias.

put it back please.  /signed

I voted to have KOS the way it was, but also if you are withing 1 tile of entering the deed, you will get an event message warning, something like 'You cannot enter here!'. In such circumstances, the guard would then teleport you to the other side of the deed, should that area cover a road. An explanation as to why the mayor added you to KOS would also be neccesary.

I'd like to see an event message when you enter a perimeter of a deed, which could also have an extra message if you are on kos of said deed

But being kos on a deed means nothing if there are no guards

The news item was headed "reducing strain on settlements (and GMs)" but only explained the KOS change as "You may no longer put people on KOS on freedom settlement deeds since it was abused".

If KOS was a GM drain, then a non-violent solution would get my vote, otherwise why not allow mayors the choice of either of the options through the settlement form (old KOS, non-violent KOS, or not to KOS anyone of course)?

Bad call to get rid of player protection. And this is the only effective deterrent from griefing. Need to come up with better solutions to your problem of addressing pvp on a non pvp server than punishing paying players for using their only real defense.

On top of that honestly ~ It's an interesting aspect to the game perfectly functional and fair or not .. to continue toward the path of homogenized MMO gaming won't cont to net you the clients that don't want to play WoW and yet do want to play online roleplaying game.

The news item was headed "reducing strain on settlements (and GMs)" but only explained the KOS change as "You may no longer put people on KOS on freedom settlement deeds since it was abused".

I think it's going to cause more strain to the GM's to not have the KoS system reimplemented.

"/dev Hello, could you please watch <player>? He's in my local and I'm afraid that he's going to start harassing me, or throw in some 1QL cotton into a bulk bin I don't lock because I keep it open for allies..."

Voted to revert it back to the way it was before.

A non-violent ability would be laughed off by most griefers as they skip over to the next deed to check for loopholes instead of having to do a corpse run back from the spawn.

My only stipulation to being back the way it was is simply.  Add a rule or something that deals with people KOS griefing. 

Again, let's try to avoid discussion. Let everyone express their own opinion while we get a clean vote on the issue.

I voted "put it back to the way it was." I'm also open to a non-violent alternative, but until one is fleshed out, KOS should remain a security feature for deed owners.

There might have been a few that have abused it in ways... but there are far more that use it properly. Punish those that abuse, not everyone.

Warning

Your post has been removed for trolling.

Continued failure to abide by the forum rules could result in your account being banned.

KOS rules new draw up, rules and every possible type of abuse clearly define.

For example, good visible also listed in the reputation settings box.

At the end of the list... tataa "press agree".

No one can say... i didn't know that.

With repeated violation of these rules and abuse of KoS (2-3), ban for a few days and

forfeited the right with his account and even the relevant deed, KoS to use in future.

Accordingly (when for sale) deed and-or account €€€ accretion $$$.... iiiiif deed or account still in a position to use KoS.

You need not afraid it if it used correctly.

KoS was a bit salt in the soup in this world and great game but abuse is crap.

Last graphics updates was correct and looks very good. Ok... maybe a little bit grass.

Thanks and yes.... my english is bad.  :-X

It needed to be removed from freedom as basically it was being abused and used as a form  of PvP.

I think Freedom is PvE only.

Put it back and add a game rule that GMs can mandate restrictions if it's abused.

couldnt it just be coded that KoS'd players cant walk onto deeds that have them on their KoS list?

so when you walk on you get something like "an invisible force stops you and tells you - you are not welcome here"

non violent, but also stops unwanted people from messing with peoples deeds.

It needed to be removed from freedom as basically it was being abused and used as a form  of PvP.

I would love to see that happen.

Make griefing, stealing and other forms of freedom PvP illegal and lead to a swift permanent ban without any loopholes and dancing around rules, and i won't mind loosing the ability to KoS.

I would love to see that happen.

Make griefing, stealing and other forms of freedom PvP illegal and lead to a swift permanent ban without any loopholes and dancing around rules, and i won't mind loosing the ability to KoS.

The kos was our last voice when expressing our disgust against "legal greifers".