Sign in to follow this  
Othob Rithol

Extra Deed Setting : Attack only bashing/tunneling mobs

Many of us like the new changes, some of us hate them. Perhaps we can all get what we want if an extra setting is added to the deed next to "guards ignore aggressives" that reads "guards attack tunneling and bashing creatures".

+1 only if the other problems with them are fixed, including but not limited to: exterior walls, guards distracted by KoS player to allow a creature to bash, killing pets when they go aggressive (note that people might want to keep cavebugs in a pen, while not wanting their mine blown up), guards on large deeds taking ages to intercept a creature, etc.

Otherwise just remove this bashing/tunneling idiocy.

Deffinately a big +1

Though would just be better if they when trapped, after going through a verification routine don't tunnel, they just walk into another random tunnel system.  

One nice side effect would be that, in the effort to secure ourselves from trolls, we don't have to grind up all the wolves, bears etc that wander past a deed corner.

+1 only if the other problems with them are fixed, including but not limited to: exterior walls, guards distracted by KoS player to allow a creature to bash, killing pets when they go aggressive (note that people might want to keep cavebugs in a pen, while not wanting their mine blown up), guards on large deeds taking ages to intercept a creature, etc.

Otherwise just remove this bashing/tunneling idiocy.

I agree Elias, but only if the creature is controlled somehow (tame,charm,dom) while the "caring for" is applied.

And from the news:

Village guards will now target creatures that bash fences or cave walls (not uniques), however creatures tunneling beneath villages has been disabled for now. It will be enabled initially on the epic servers

+1

I dont keep aggressives on deed.  Probably because Im still kinda new and building my deeds and learning to craft.

Luckily, I had not had a chance to extend walls to my deed edge on one deed (my farm deed is walled at outer edge but I try not to keep animals of value there.  My templar therefore, aggros bashers before they get to the walls that protect my breeding horses.  Watching adolescent raging trolls continually kill one templar and then wander up and down along my wall (on deed), I upped templars to 2 over the weekend.  Deed tiles extend into my mine several tiles.  So the main east-west hallway and entrance should remain safe.

I dont want to dumb the game down to Farmville.  Certainly dont mind having to be a lot more careful when working off deed.  Im willing to increase my financial investment by increasing guard count.

However, every day I come home from work and pray that my walls have not been bashed in leaving my deed open to wandering players coming in and killing my horses, cows and chicken.  It would be really sad to come home and find that bugs and created new entrances to my  mine area and that it was open to passersby.  It's starting to diminish my enthusiasm :(

Otho you consistently exhibit logical (haha) and level headed thinking when addressing these new issues as they arise.  Always putting forth suggestions that take the playstyle of many different folks into consideration.

The +1 is for you :)

I'd much rather deed walls just didn't get bashed at all. Off-deed, well that's fair game.