Sign in to follow this  
Kinoss

In Development! (Pack Updates)

Like the new tall stone wall design?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Like the new tall stone wall design?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

th_newtex.png

Better.....I guess, but it has to be applied before I can really see how it would work; I have a bad imagination with such things. I liked the texture a lot as an image in the forums, but now that it has been applied....meh, I think it still looks better than the old one but not as good as I thought it would be.

Better.....I guess, but it has to be applied before I can really see how it would work; I have a bad imagination with such things. I liked the texture a lot as an image in the forums, but now that it has been applied....meh, I think it still looks better than the old one but not as good as I thought it would be.

I agree it does look different in game than it did on the pictures. I guess its because we can get so close up to it in game so every detail is rather more magnified.

I like that picture youve posted Kinoss, looks rather nice. Its the first one Ive looked at that I havent thought hmm.. it was initially an Oooo lol.  ;D

th_newtex.png

looking a lot better by the picture, but like dizzy said. What will it look like in game  8)

Good stuff kinoss

I like that better also, But as is being said, how it's rendered for here comes out different in game. can you put the texture in a test client for an in game shot? I know when wood floors came out, someone was popping in and out of my place to test new textures because I had several tiles of it down.

Im guessing Kinoss doesnt have the authority to go and upload things to see how they look but I know thats what Inventor used to do. Would be a good idea as it would help to see any flaws beforehand.

He wouldn't need to upload anything. Just need a special client that lets him replace textures/models so he sees his test stuff when in game instead of the current stuff. Then he can go around, see out it looks in differnet place.

Im just saying theres a way to do it, I doubt it replaces every one of those items with that model, you can test stuff easily. If there is somewhere else he can test it then fair enough let him at it.

I think the new ones are looking crisper and better than the old ones.

Good job; looking good! ;D

Unfortunately I'm a bit sick of game graphics and such with a graphics card not working properly though =[

Ive been looking at the houses a bit more, the doors seem to blend in with the walls.. maybe its just me Im not sure.

Will post a screenie of what I see.

Edit:

wurm200811290050id6.png

They look quite grey, maybe add some brown tones?

Ok, I can now test my models in game. Here's a comparison of the old and the new. By new I don't mean the new fix I'm working on.

th_wurm2008112917493.png

th_wurm200811291752.png

As long as we're messing with the wood and brick textures for houses, any thoughts on changing other wood/brick textures on larger items so they blend in more? I.e. forges, ovens, mailboxes. The old forges and whatnot blended fairly well with stone houses. Now they look a tad . . . odd. Not a big deal, just curious. By the way, nice job.

I think part of the 'problem' is that the new textures have so much more detail in them and a higher resolution that they look odd compared to the rest of the games textures(I know that is because you just started replacing them  ;) ), I think that is why some people are having problems getting used to them.

I like the Wooden houses though now all the other wood (fencing, carts, floorboards) needs to be dulled out a bit to match (dont even need to change the actual texture outside of coloring really) but I'm not a fan of the stone houses, to the point I'm considering tearing down my stone buildings and replacing them with wood. Please, if you're going to change textures, make them match whats either being planned or whats in existence. Some people like things to look nice instead of just function...

And here's a comparison of the new texture (left) to the current in game texture (right)

th_wurm2008113015061.png

th_wurm2008113015062.png

Comments?

And here's a comparison of the new texture (left) to the current in game texture (right)

th_wurm2008113015061.png

th_wurm2008113015062.png

Comments?

YES!! Deffinately looks like more enough greatness, apply it, NOW!

I prefer the current one, the new one looks even more metallic (imo, of course).

I prefer the current one, the new one looks even more metallic (imo, of course).

[me=Redsyndicate]looks closer at the picture.[/me]

Are you and I looking at the same picture? I dont think they look metalic at all.....

Comments?

The new one definitely looks better and a little more friendly, but is a bit too reflective and shiny in too many places - as if it contained a lot of mica.

Looks better than the old one but please keep in mind what villages of stone, wood, fencing, walls, gates, etc will look like with the new textures.

The new one looks great, but I found that the model doesn't go that well next to wooden walls..

Yea, there's a hole in the roof where they meet.

Thats great Kinoss, way more rustic looking its nice, the one we have now looks metallic, metal bricks anyone? lol

Edited for grammar.

I like the new one you've made more I think.

th_wurm2008113015061.png

th_wurm2008113015062.png

Comments?

Awesome, just awesome!!! The new one you made looks very good, its got color and variation! I think you did it Kinoss! All you need now is to lighten the wooden texture a bit, but thats some great work!