Sign in to follow this  
Kinoss

In Development! (Pack Updates)

Like the new tall stone wall design?  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Like the new tall stone wall design?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

Am I missing something or did you forget wooden fence :o?

Ah yeah forgot about that :)

Here's an image of what I'm thinking for tall stone wall:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Genadena/PublicPhotosCopyrightRCDeAragon#5175282909899057442

Here's the model I made based on the image:

Model:

http://s489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/Kinoss/?action=view&current=TallStoneWallModel.png

Textured:

http://s489.photobucket.com/albums/rr258/Kinoss/?action=view&current=TallStoneWallTextured.png

I won't be using the colors from the real life picture just so you know. I probably won't be using the same brick texture as in the textured pic either.

Since a lot of you would like a shorter tall stone wall and most of you would only agree to it if you got a taller stone wall to replace the old model I'll have to wait to hear from Mortimar who will be talking with Rolf about Kingdom walls.

Sorry but that model doesn't look good at all. Especially with the texture. I'd rather just keep the tall stone wall we have now. No offense though, it's good that you're trying to make better models, I just think you should probably slow down and work on it a bit more as it looks like it was made in quite a short amount of time. How would it look if you had four or five in a row? It's a question you should keep in mind as the walls are usually built in bulk side by side.

Of course I made in a short amount of time. Everything I've posted is just a rough concept and not a finished product. Why would I post the images here and ask for your opinion if I thought it was done.

th_TallStoneWallTrepeated.png

I have always thought the tall stone walls were too tall.

However the loss of the current tall walls may upset those that rely on them to block certain views. For me that is a sacrific I would gladly take if it improved the games look and feel.

Another thing to consider though is if they do indeed plan someday to make a second story possible on buildings, then the curent wall, or variation of it would be fine. But even then I can see a second story building looking better next to a shorter tall wall then the other way around. Currenly the tall walls look poor next to buildings and buildings are often used for core area proction more then walls.

I support the changes with the understanding they are in the early stages.

Of course I made in a short amount of time. Everything I've posted is just a rough concept and not a finished product. Why would I post the images here and ask for your opinion if I thought it was done.

Thats perfect Kinoss, i dont know why Bael said the texture doesnt look good, and dam well looks better than the one we have now, how would these textures show up on Bloom though?

Looking at it from that angle, it does look Rather nice for the small stone walls.

Maybe you could use bigger blocks of stone for the tall walls, maybe sand stone would give it a refreshing change in color for an exterior wall.

Some examples:

Bricks.jpg

IMG_8444.jpg

623988479_383126be53_b.jpg

lol look at the last pic, right in the middle, is like a falt in the wall, psuh that and the whole wall will fall  :D

lol look at the last pic, right in the middle, is like a falt in the wall, psuh that and the whole wall will fall  :D

LOL.

Aye the tall stone walls should be more proportionate with the stone houses. The idea of a more massive wall taking up a tile width sounds awesome, might be able to require colossus bricks.

Would like to be able to walk on it; however, that will probably not happen till multi-story buildings are in.

i like that, but im not sure the colours blend so well, could you make the bottom the same as the top, and then another with the top the same as the bottom? see how it looks

The new houses looks nice :) And you wanted to know of any performance differences, unfortunately I don't notice any at all, up nor down. But it still looks better ;)

Cant really tell much atm since its dark :P I noticed though that the corners are blurry.

Bit off-topic, how do you get it to include your FPS up top? I've got speed and name, but that would be handy.

Those new textures aren't as nice as the old ones. They're all gray, and look like a computer made them.

Those new textures aren't as nice as the old ones. They're all gray, and look like a computer made them.

Agreed its looking more like a cartoon now, And strangly enough i seem to get more lag now.....

Too dark Too gloomy

Funnily enough i benchmarked wurm manually before this happen, benchmarked it again today with the textures, exactly the same.

Funnily enough i benchmarked wurm manually before this happen, benchmarked it again today with the textures, exactly the same.

Why does wurmonline always have grey or dark grey for stone/brick textures. It's getting dull.

Go on google and find some pictures with medieval city walls, or castle walls. You have them in sand stone, lime stone, etc. Also the designs could use a touch. Everything just seems so boring wurmish.

I liked them when I first saw a picture here, but now that I see them in game, I agree that they are a bit to grey. Though the model and texture itself are both great, it's just a bit to grey.

I like the removal of the mini battlements from the proposed walls.  It always felt odd they were there since you can't walk along them, so why not do as the new wall shows and just have them replaced by bumpy rock tops.

I really like the detail in the new textures, very nice. They are much more realistic then the previous, anyone saying the new ones are cartoony? is an ., the old ones are much flatter no real colour, therefore were much more cartoon like. Though I agree the new ones are much nicer, some colour and variety in the bricks would be awesome.

Like the proposed tall walls too, but what I really want to see is more detailed, more depth and colour in the landscape textures, grass, dirt, slabs, cobble stones, gravel and so on

They are much more realistic then the previous, anyone saying the new ones are cartoony? is an .

Should go to spec savers, The stone house texture does look cartoony, gloomy and doomy IMO. . that.

Its just to dark and thats not my gamma, i havent touched my gamma.

The original texture had a lot of variation and color.

They might have colour but they were flat.. "Cartoons" are flat 2D and typically have no shading, these new textures are the opposite of everything I just said.