Sign in to follow this  
Willow

Independence Christmas Impalong 2011

Venue:-

Festival Cove (which can be found on the community map at 31x44y )

Date:-

Starts Wednesday 21st Dec and will run for a week, maybe beyond if anyone wants to stay over for the New Year too

This event has been held each year. It is purely player made with a lot of time offered by the community to gather around and offer help to each other. Blacksmiths/Weaponsmiths sweat over burning forges, Leatherworkers sew until their hands are covered in blisters and Priests ..well priests stand around and fish  ;)

Even if you cannot offer great skills, just pop down to the site and meet people, have fun taking part in some little competitions we have here too. Last years extremely successful Deal or No Deal will hopefully be hosted again by Gumbo, we also are in talks with someone wanting to host fishing contests. Let's hope the zombie invasion we had last year will return to cause mayhem, death and destruction ;)

As I hosted this last year at the same location the major bulk of the work has been done already. Although I do have a few more ideas that need some working on.

You may be thinking 'but it's only September'  I like to start and put the word around early, allowing time for me to get things organised my end and you guys to be working on things your end too. Gaining that bit extra skill or helping to construct items we need at the site. 

I do hope you can be a part of what is a wonderful community event and I look forward to seeing you all.

Ok lets get this started.  Here I will be placing the list of things needing help with and names of player who has offered help with that item. So if you think you can spare a little time on some of these items, please let me know.

80ql Iron Ore - we are still in need of more donations of the real shiny ql of ore

Logs, logs... we have used alot of these that we had stored for the reinforcements so we could use a really nice woodsman to drop by sometime

more to follow....

This willbe my first Impalong, im excited how it will be.

Can we put all presents under a Cristmastree and then everybody have to search for the present which is made for him ^^

whos bringing hot spiced wine?

Can do:

mining [currently 83]

blacksmithing [56]

weapn smithing [81+]

carpentry [73]

fine carp  [54]

woodcutting [54]

Currently working on fletching and bow making, should have 50 + by then.

Going to be the first impalong for me, hopefully i can make 50+QL stuff by then and help you guys.

But now that the new players are spawning on Deli will they have to make their way there or should it be moved to Deli?

Going to be the first impalong for me, hopefully i can make 50+QL stuff by then and help you guys.

But now that the new players are spawning on Deli will they have to make their way there or should it be moved to Deli?

yeah thats a good question, maybe two impalongs, since there are still a lot of new players on Independence too. Otherwise we need to organize boating between both servers for the impalong time, and maybe some safe places for ppl to stay the whole event.

might pop down on my alt to imp chain/shields/plate to 70ql (depends on if i go to wild or not though) ;)

I will definitely aim at showing up. The only skill I can offer, though, is 51 Carpentry.

This will be the first time for me and Izzy.    We'll be there!

Razors Edge Village

Won't make it this go around due to IRL things. Have fun though. ;D

Heya Willow

Great to see you're hosting the Impalong again this year, I will come down and lend a hand with setting up and maybe add a few more touches to the shipwreck from last year.

I will also be atending the event and have a range of skills to help with including 90 Woodcutting, Mining, Carpentry and Blacksmithing also my priests.

Looking forward to another great Impalong, thanks Willow! :)

i'll come again, had great fun last year :)

can do blacksmithing, mining and making meals

also bringing my priests for possible sermons

and some coal... ;)

I'll be there. Can do carp, fine carp, bsing, and mining. Whatever is needed most. Plus anything else i might decide to grind before the impalong.

We will be there and we plan to bring...

Battlepants

99.7 blacksmithing (will be my main craft)

95 CAS (will be my off craft when BS is not needed)

65 SS (if needed)

Chillywilly

49 SD (55 is the goal though)

87 Chaneling

99.7 HFC - bringing a few thousand pumpkins too

10000 doorlocks worth 4.5 favor each (currently 6000 waiting for the event)

Gurkin

95 mining

(possibly more)

Also, thanks for hosting Impalong again Willow! Looking forward to it! :D

Will have Uisge there for Chain impwork, as well as Silvirmoon for whatever aid she can be on the priestly side.  Currently working on temporary housing structures locally for our Impalong workers to rest rather than travel back and forth.  Please PM here or in-game(Silvirwolfe, Uisge, Silvirmoon) those who need sleeping quarters so we can have sufficient housing and beds available.  Looking forward to our first Impalong experience and getting to meet many of you.

I am sure the Free Bears Crew will be there in force.

Lolabelle  Master Blacksmith 94 skill    Renowned Carpentry 76

Thanks to you i now know my birthday is a wednesday this year :P

Ill try bring a shipment of high ql ores sooner to the date  :)

Im going to be there for sure!

will have both my accounts Raycg and Ray

Ray is a fo priest will be trying to get some Faith bumps in if we have enuf fo people.

Raycg Here are the things that i will be doing :)

99 masonry

92 blacksmithing

91 mining

90 stone cutting

Not sure if  i can offer anything From masonry but i will imp the forges.

im usaly allways at the forge but i allways throw in some free 90+ql whetstones :)

i can imp grindstones this year to 90ql this year, but i will only get to 90ql if i dont get many to imp.

if there are lots 70-80ql will prob be done.

Im sure it will be as fun or even better than last years! bring as much coal as you can, willow would know what i plan on doing ;)

I can offer 81ql logs (grinding to 90 atm so might be there by the time you would need em) Also I'll attend

I should be able to attend, I'll bring a large pile of peat, and maybe some 79-80 ql iron lumps too