Sign in to follow this  
Idony

Life in Golden Valley

Thought perhaps we could have a thread for two purposes:

1. For survivors to give a shout out that they are still alive and well in GV

and

2. Provide a place for people to coordinate trade of unwanted GV accounts with people wishing to come on over to the forgotten land (as far as I know trade of accounts is not against rules, if this is not so please correct)

So, If you are a returning player and find yourself in a different GV than you remember and would like to go to Freedom or Deliverance instead why not make a post here first?  You may be able to trade for a hefty bit of silver or a more skilled account!

Addendum: http://wurmonline.com/forum/index.php?topic=44152.0

Hi Yavanna :)

I was wondering after seeing the pictures of Deli if anyone would be able to post up some pictures of GV?  I would, but I don't have any of those picture sharing site accounts.

Interested in obtaining a non tut tied GV account if price aint too daft, miss the old place.

I'd also love a GV account. PM me if you have a spare and would like a head start in Freedom / Deliverance. ;)

Fatalstryke / Mortem / Multitaskking / Ammondenihil reporting in from the Catfish Oasis, I was actually just about to create a thread like this. How convenient!

I'll pay 5s for any old GV character - I'd actually prefer one with little to no equipment or skills. PM me if you're interested? :)

Are there still many people on the firstlight side (south of newdawn) of the island?

Seems we have many glitterdale siders (north of new dawn) here atm.

Got an account still there: Durr. Alive... yes/no:

I logged into that account more or less by accident, as I last played it two years ago and was convinced it got deleted. I started a new account (Myriad) back then. I had logged out the old account inside a mine. The mine must have crashed down and killed my character. As I logged in I was dead. Maybe this state kept the character 'alive'  ;D

Being completely empty (I dropped literally everything before logging out), I had a nice challenge starting from scratch. I rummaged for iron etc and made myself some stuff, then decided to revive the old settlement of New Vagrant on the south coast.

Alas, I got eaten by a pack of wolves before I got halfway. Logged out in that dead state. Soon, I'll give it another go.

Hi Yavanna :)

I was wondering after seeing the pictures of Deli if anyone would be able to post up some pictures of GV?  I would, but I don't have any of those picture sharing site accounts.

Use Imgur.com, you don't have to register and is pretty much adfree (Doesnt have popups like imageshack).

Got an account still there: Durr. Alive... yes/no:

I logged into that account more or less by accident, as I last played it two years ago and was convinced it got deleted. I started a new account (Myriad) back then. I had logged out the old account inside a mine. The mine must have crashed down and killed my character. As I logged in I was dead. Maybe this state kept the character 'alive'  ;D

<snip>

Alas, I got eaten by a pack of wolves before I got halfway. Logged out in that dead state. Soon, I'll give it another go.

Hi :) I made myself some crude tools and wandered down the highway back to First Light. Interesting: I can no longer fast, so I have to provide food for myself all the time. A diet of Lingonberries doesn't feed one very well ;D I better make sure I tackle that one before toddling off into the wilderness again.

Get to 15 meditating skill and follow the love path - get to level 4 (or is it 5) and you have the refresh ability - 99 food, 99 water and 99 nutrition usable once per RL day = easy mode for GV ;)

In itself a good idea, only Durr has never spent a second meditating, not to mention the lack of a rug...  ;D

Try to get some cotton as fast as you can, with a fishing rod you should be kept fed very well.

To be fair, making a rug on GV is a pain - 1st getting the cotton, then making the strings, then imping your loom, only to fail a large number of times...