Sign in to follow this  
axeblade346

FSB "bug" explained

As we all now FSB's where recently changed and it casaud a few player to loose crops.

Here is why and what to do (tested)

The fix was to the volumes of herbs and garlic (its a herb) to make them more relaistic.

But there was a small error in that as FSB's tells you how many items are left according to those volumes but you the Database also stored how many items are in a FSB.

So lets say an items volume was 1 and is now 10 that means if you had 50 the bug caused you to see 50 while its only 5.

ROLF sayed sorry about this but there is nothing they could do at that time and Warned all the players.

This is the best known fix to date as it limits loses. (we lost 50 garlic of 1974 items)

Got to your FSB with a cart with storage on it and make sure you carry no items as you will need 100 open places

Start form Important items and work to less important ones

Then take ALL YOU CAN CARRY out of 1 item that you can put on cart on take more of that item till you took all. (as this works by item and not by volume)

Then do the same for the next item until  EVERYTHING is on cart.

THEN only put stuff back in.

This will fix it as they new items will be at the new volumes.

FIX SEEMS ONLY TO WORK ON 2 of our 3 FSB's

Hope this help limit losses.

This didnt work for me, tried it well before this post, taking all I could carry recalculated the volume/amount before it went into my inventory.  Tried it with salt, had over 200 in the fsb, selecting all I could carry put 8 salt in my inventory.

Not only did I take out 5 salt and got 1 in my inventory, I can't get the salt OUT of my inventory.

When I relogged, the salt was completely gone. None in inventory or FSB

didn't work for me either, onions came out as qty 1, 0.03 weight, not even a single full onion.

didn't work for me either, onions came out as qty 1, 0.03 weight, not even a single full onion.

Well I guess you had less then 132 onions then. I had 1976 onions in FSB and got 15 out of it. Did a little better on garlic ration,  had 676 garlic in FSB and got 24 out of it.

Salt was also lost but I only had a couple in the FSB.

Same, lost 4k+ garlic and onions and all 200+ salt, only got around 24 onions and 30ish garlic back.

Just to clarify the OP - FSB's weren't changed at all, it was some of the veg and herbs that were changed. Basically, the FSB records volume of an item - which when taken out corresponds to a number of those items (this is the way it saves database space). Upon the change, it still listed the number of items you had before - I assume because a check is done every time you take or put in any of a particular item. Because the FSB stores volume and not the number of items, when you take out one of your 1705 onions, it takes out the new volume for one onion and recalculates how many onions the remaining volume is equal to (in this case 13...).

As far as what to do - suck it up and get back to farming sadly...