Sign in to follow this  
Ayes

GV to Deliverance, How?

So, my friend has an old account that is in Glitterdale on GV (not in the tutorial). How would we get that character to Deliverance? There is a Freedom Isles stone there but it says must have premium to use it to go to Freedom 1.

You should just be able to use the stone to port to Independance ( Freedom 1 ) .

Have you tried porting anyway ( even though it says you need premium ) ? Independance is open to both F2P and Premium players.

If it doesn't let you teleport to Independance , then you may need to /dev it and wait patiently for someone to get to you .

Alternatively ,if he/she doesn't mind starting over ,  he/she could just make a new character and leave it at the end of the Tutorial until Deliverance opens  . He/she should then be able to port directly to the South end of Deliverance from the Tutorial portal stones .

Kediec,

Thanks for the response but I want to take this character that is on GV to Deliverance not Independence. I just stated what the Freedom Isles stone message was when I clicked it to see if it would be available to go to Deliverance instead of Independence.

Only options I can think of to do that would be to wait until Deliverance is online and then click the FI stone in Glitterdale; or go to the tutorial and see if I can enter it to then go to Deliverance from inside there.

Not sure if I can enter the tutorial from outside of it and if I do I am wondering if it will let me keep all the items that I have on me after I am inside of it. So I am asking this to see if anyone has done that and what happened when they entered the tutorial from GV.

There is a Freedom Isles stone there but it says must have premium to use it to go to Freedom 1.
That shouldn't be the case, You're sure you're trying it on the grey stones? The sandy one is the Portal for MR Wild.

If you have a character outside the tutorial on GV you would be better off trading it for a (much more) skilled character or selling it off for cash. Those grandfathered characters go for quite a premium it seems.

bdew, thats right from game and economical view of the game. But some ppls just like THEIR character with its name and dont want to trade it just to have something better. But a good advice for people that woudl have taken that chance.

You can enter the tutorial via the portal stones in New Dawn (for players who are currently on GV), and at the completion of the tutorial there will be a portal stone specific to Deliverance.  At this time there will not be a portal stone to Deliverance outside of the tutorial.

Tamorlane,

Thank you for answering my question as I presented it as that is the information that I needed to know. Since that is the case, I will just pack up and head to the tutorial in ND and proceed from there.

=Ayes=

I'm probably too late on this thread, and perhaps Ayes has already figured this out but I'll post it anyway.

From what I remember if you use the tutorial to leave GV you DO NOT keep your items.

I would also recommend considering selling or trading characters on GV for the reasons already brought up.  Personally I really dont see the benifit of bringing over a GV acct instead of making an alt unless you have some strong attachment to it and are certain of leaving GV.