Sign in to follow this  
Farmerbob

Will there be a Deliverance Market?

Will there be a Deliverance Market run by GM's/CM's or is it going to be the players that have to organize such a thing?

I have tried to start up a market, but a vast number of players would rather it run by the GM's. I would assume there will be a GM market soon enough like FM.

Wasn't FM started by players? And then GMs would simply put a deed over it for protection?

It would be preferable for the market or markets to develop by the island user's needs

MidGard is going to be making a market at least for the west side of the map. We are part of the north south road connecting GD to the north coast though because of some griefing we have closed the road until further noticed, hopefully opening back up ASAP.

The market ofc will take time, but we think that the market should be player made, and we are going to allow anyone to place a merchant there.

What it sounds like recently is that others on this game dislike those that make things for the community because they believe in unfounded information, I do hope not everyone believes these things.

wouldnt it make more sense to build this market nearly at  33x 27y there you would have acces froma round the whole isle by boat, and you would be able to reach it from every place on the map very fast because of its central position?

Understandable, but as it stands I am not sure if that map is perfect yet. Besides we have large enough to have a nice market here and was thinking that if there was someone else on the east side that would do that same thing we could have even a trade system setup.

Plus I do believe there is a east and west road being built off our north and south road we made.

To be frank is there really a desire for a centralised market on Deli, almost everywhere is easily accessible due to the reduced size (You can sail corner to corner in an hour, hour and a half with good wind). Also just using FM's history did people really earn that much more from a centralised merchant than from Mail Ordered (Forum/OnSpec)?

Also just using FM's history did people really earn that much more from a centralised merchant than from Mail Ordered (Forum/OnSpec)?

yes it is, since not everyone is living next to the sea. And delivering huge amounts per mail isn really possibe.

an one and a half hour is much, if you think about getting back too, that are 3 hours of journey, if wind is good.

Also just using FM's history did people really earn that much more from a centralised merchant than from Mail Ordered (Forum/OnSpec)?

I can only speak for myself but I wouldn't have managed without a centralized market on Independence. Mail orders are terribly cumbersome and you can easily burn yourself out fulfilling orders instead of playing the game, as many can bear witness to. A central market town also helps create a common meeting point that players can relate (and access) more easily than the starter town.

To be frank is there really a desire for a centralised market on Deli, almost everywhere is easily accessible due to the reduced size (You can sail corner to corner in an hour, hour and a half with good wind). Also just using FM's history did people really earn that much more from a centralised merchant than from Mail Ordered (Forum/OnSpec)?

Yes and yes.

I sold tons on my FM merchant, only very little success on forum sales.

New Ultimarus will commence Constructing a market for the NE part of the map later after the main construction needs are finished up on the main deed.

I think, if theres going to be a road from West-East and a Road from North-South, wouldn't it be slightly logical to put the market at the point where they meet?

Making a market at the north part of the map would make more sense, due to the better trading position relative to Independence. I wouldn't mind helping out if someone puts forth a credible idea for a northern market that doesn't overtly favour a particular group and has reasonable backing to take off.

It looks to me like the best place for a market would be right between the 2 tundras on the lake at 27x, 25y.  It looks like that lake could be connected someday to the big bay giving ocean access while being very close to the center of the map.

Wouldn't it be best to have one mass market near the center on the map? You could always have two more on each side that of the map; a western and eastern market. Players can then use either the side markets or the center one to determine the inflation values if they should occur.

I made a quick picture of what I had in mind~

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/Zumtil/Deli_traderouteidea.jpg

Legend:

Red: Area where central market town could be built.

Purple: Main trade routes.

Orange: Port town from Independence.

The only problem I see is the lakes around Green Dog. I'm new still and not sure if bridges are a possibility, or if it would be wise to even make a bridge that large. A ferry system could work, but that would require an almost 24/7 job, and that would be almost impossible...right? I guess you could just connect a road going East out of Green Dog that follows the tundra side at a three way intersection.

why to make a bridge, you can just go around through the tundra east of the lake.

Main market should be located between two tundra perfect center of map . I think north location is mistake. soon on south border of Deliverance will be new server. Even more perfect loc. could be end of big deliverance Bay .

Main market should be located between two tundra perfect center of map . I think north location is mistake. soon on south border of Deliverance will be new server. Even more perfect loc. could be end of big deliverance Bay .

I vote now even more for the center Area especially now when we will have another Server south of Deli.

It's possible to place merchants at the starter deed, so I guess that will take some beating as a community market at least in the short term.

i see 2 market stalls made and active at green dog.  that  would be the best spot. huge area. and main log in like howl to FM.  just the GD cartakers should make all the roads and stalls. and then let others bring in the merchants

Currently you are able to place merchants on Green Dog.

For now i'd ask that people place them to the east of the current ones, lining the road. If a lot of people want to place them down, i'll make another few rows for merchants, but for now just along the side of the road from the token.

Midgard (along the road going NS of GD) has created the deed for a market. It will be a bit of time before it is done, and will have a post about it in the near future with updates.

This was our ambition to come to Deli for, since it is a large project and we love large projects.