Sign in to follow this  
Brigander

Lantern/Torch (lit) status

Not sure when this started happening however lanterns when lit in inventory do not receive the (lit) status, however they will change when dropped. Likewise a lit lantern when picked up and snuffed in inventory will not remove the (lit) tag.

One more confirmation that they don't lose their "(lit)" status after snuffing. I've not had any issues with lighting it and not seeing "(lit)", but it's definitely not going away after snuffing. Seems to have started maybe a day or two ago, at most (that hubby and I have seen). To be clear - this is just the status in your inventory window, not the actual lantern itself staying lit. Tested using an iron lantern.

I also have this bug.  Additionally, when my lantern went out due to lack of fuel, attempting to refuel with tar activated didn't bring up the fill option.  Transferring into a container also fixes the label, and examining gives the correct result whatever the label says.

Think this bug appeared after the last server update.

The problem seems to be only with the inventory. The event logs still show the correct status of the lantern.  It looks like that if I login with the lantern in my inventory its name will be stuck to describe the status that it had the time I logged in(if I had logged out earlier with the lantern lit it will show "(lit)" etc).

If I drop the lantern and pick it up again the problem gets fixed.

Confirmed on 2 lanterns and a lamp.

A 7ql white bugged lantern also gave out more light than a few 62ql lanterns dyed the same white.

(still have the lantern on a alt if a dev whats to check it out -- /tell angera)

I had a lit status on my torch after I snuffed it. It did not 'decay' after I snuffed it, though. I managed to make lit status disappear by renaming the torch.