Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

Disccusion on Recent Updates

I'd love to talk about some of the most recent updates. No trolling, flaming, etc etc of any kind!

So here we go. One of the key issues that was brought up was about the Artifacts:

Rolf's first question was:

10:42   Rof   i have a bug here

10:42   Rof   stating that Jenn Kellons can recharge artifacts at the white light

I don't mind it entirely, but with increased sub gain, doesn't that mean the overall gain will stay the same (and stat gain)? I guess we all get a bit of an advantage now when it comes to overall skill, whatever that does. Another Window of Opportunity I guess. ;)

I don't mind it entirely, but with increased sub gain, doesn't that mean the overall gain will stay the same (and stat gain)? I guess we all get a bit of an advantage now when it comes to overall skill, whatever that does. Another Window of Opportunity I guess. ;)

Uhm, excuse me? Recent changes have been ridiculous, Ive been grinding shield especially hard recently, and it is horribly slow compared to before, 0.1 skill for 2 hours grinding at 70+ skill, luickily I'm on holiday, otherwise there would be no way I'd have that much time to spend infront of a horse.

And for artifacts, your arguments seem to defeat themselves. You speak alot of time, but really, before it theoretically could take you 4 minutes to recharge all the artifacts, is 4 minutes enough for the opposing party to prepare to fight you? Really? Even with twigs, just to organise everyone and get appropriate equipment, by the time it was sorted you would be on your merry way to Kyara.

This system is better, atleast now people have any sane chance of getting the artifacts.

Your figures are also very scewed, I just completed a list of dates of when it is possible for you to recharge the artifacts in light of recent restrictions on the HoM forums, and from what I can see, you can recharge them pretty much every other day. In some cases, there are 3 consecutive days when you can recharge artifacts, all at varying time zones which facilitates the range of people playing wurm.

lets just hope no one gets clay tiles spawned for them on epic sever :D

so while i was editing my post it got removed, figures i couldn't get it updated, i only have a comment on the time span which is the following:

The Wild Endgame and the functionality of the altars changed. The altars may now be destroyed on Wrath day and the day of Awakening in the first and third week of a Starfall when the moons are aligned to open them up for attacks.

Not only that, two nights ago a group of Jenn-Kellon raided Mithril Hall. We thought it was only fair that we would remove the patch of clay via 'Dirt', a Fo spell that was commonly used and well known previously for removing Tar, Clay, Peat, etc

This is apparently common knowledge in JK but not in MR. We even have deeds with unwanted tar tiles which had we known of this we'd certainly have removed. In MR we did not know it was possible to remove such tiles nor did we believe it was a deliberate feature of the game.

Makes you wonder what is common knowledge in one kingdom and not in the others.  :-\

Not only that, two nights ago a group of Jenn-Kellon raided Mithril Hall. We thought it was only fair that we would remove the patch of clay via 'Dirt', a Fo spell that was commonly used and well known previously for removing Tar, Clay, Peat, etc

Curious that a low favour, low difficulty spell can be used to permanently remove a valuable and not so common resource. With all the spite in wild, I am suprised that there is any clay left on the map, from such a "commonly and well known" use of the spell. The current inhabitants of Mithril Hall have nothing to do with these past events. Rolf made his decision to place that clay long ago, why did you go to so much effort to subvert his decision? This smacks of the kind of griefing that tony green was removed for.

edit: Also is curious, for such a well known spell usage, why it hasn't been called to attention before, surely it is obvious the ability of using this for irreversable griefing to cause damage to the server. One would of thought this would have been picked up earlier, I shudder to think of fo priest spy alts eliminating resources all over the map. All of JK knew, yet nobody thought of the consequences and submitted it for a bug report? This I find hard to believe, sometimes there is a need to put the good of the game before factional differences.

MR has so many people, how can not one know this.

I think even some MR said about the bashing, that someone had done it, but didnt think its worth it, so no one ever tried again, maybe look at that too.

Lol xallo, seems like all the abusing you do is "perfectly fine"...

Such as?

Lock picking was reverted, and lair bashing Rolf agrees with...

lol short memory? the thing i just quoted from you... removing the clay... lol

That is not abusing. I used the system before ages ago to remove unwanted tar and clay. You just need to know it is there, has worked that way since the dirt spell was implemented. If you wouldve actually bothered testing the spells to see all their effects you wouldnt be so damn stupid to call everything that you dont find out first "abusing".

this, dirt spell is supposed to do that.

who is posting on mcdaniels someone permabanned I think. The point is clay should not be up on top of a mountain any ways you leave there knowing you will have a hard time getting clay not qq and get it spawned...

Again, not your decision, it was Rolf's. Why intentionally thwart the developers decisions?

People are claiming Rolf was misinformed about bits and bobs (nit picking i guess), now if somebody is misinformed to gain an advantage, they can be told the full extent to possibily revert that advantage.

MR has so many people, how can not one know this.

I think even some MR said about the bashing, that someone had done it, but didnt think its worth it, so no one ever tried again, maybe look at that too.

I say this in every artifacts thread, buff them and they will be used in pvp and lost through pvp eventually. Making artifact holders have to work towards increasingly harder requirements just because those without demand it is a silly system.

If JK continue to hold onto artifacts, how long until the next hoop that JK has to jump through gets coded into the game?

I have summarily removed all but some of the first page of this thread and locked it.  The "so and so 'whined' to Rolf" stuff is getting really old and serves to further no purpose except to cause legitimate issues to get buried in nonsense.

If there is an issue that requires attention, it needs to be discussed without all the flaming and kingdom politics.