Sign in to follow this  
Schwanke

Forum re-org.

Where do we put freedom mail price checks, freedom market price checks, general questions about freedom market/buying/selling?

Thanks!

Where do we put freedom mail price checks, freedom market price checks,

Maybe we also need a BARTERS section for people wanting to exchange one type of item or service for another with no coin changing hands. Or maybe WANT TO TRADE since that fits in better with the BUY/SELL childboard names.

Its not really either BUYING nor SELLING since they both want to get something and offer something in one deal. Plus I think there might be a lot of people actually interested in trading goods & services outside of a normal "CASH & CARRY" standard trade.

Or, a MISC/OTHER section for anything that is NOT a standard buy/sell/auction/merchant ad, and doesn't really fit anywhere else (inc price checks)

Thats what I was thinking, the 'other' forum, which was what I thought was going to be the Freedom Market forum and just the sub forums were in addition. But with it being no posting that was why I started this thread. :P

I appreciate the effort to organise the Freedom Market forum, but the current setup is just too much.  Personally, I think just separating the Auctions and perhaps Merchant ads, while suggesting a SOP of adding "WTB" / "WTS" / "WTT" to post titles would be effective.

Just noticed another reason this doesnt work is becaues now when I post the price checks in WTS only half as many people will read them give or take because people who arent WTS wont bother to look in the forum. :(

Can't please everyone I guess.

Personally I dislike having to open and browse 8 forums instead of 2. 

Probably I will hope that people post correctly and so never open the WTB or Merchant threads; then at least it's just auctions and sales for Wild and Freedom.

I stopped reading trade forum to troublesome to open that many forums.

I think it might look better organised on the first glance, but topics might not be read by enough people anymore. For example I think my horses sales would fit under "wts" but also under merchant ads, but then again, i also want to buy stuff and trade so most people miss this when i dont open yet another thread for those things. I also used to look at all postings with interesting titles or opened by people i know, when i accidently see them while updating my own thread. Maybe more people had been doing this and it made "spontaneous" buyers or helpers to some "wanted" sections. Most likely i am not opening all subforums though if i just want to update my own thread so mostly i will just see the other merchant ads now and miss the rest most of the time.

Well i see all the people that dislike the new format so here is one from someone that thinks its great. I was tired of seeing all the useless stuff that did not interest me. There is no need in wasting time reading titles of things i don't want/need the way it is now it makes it much easier to have a quick look.

Its much easier to know where to go now.

Before it was a mess of merchant ads.

I think give it some time and people will use what they need to use.

In the end MORE people will do better in the market I think.

Not just those spamming the first page off.

Not just those spamming the first page off.

This is actually why I suggested reorganization in the first place. And for me, it works as designed: better.

Definitely less cluttered, those looking to buy something WILL look at the sections relating to buying

What about those that browse, those looking to trade, price checks, and questions related to the market?  There is no "general" or "misc" board, currently, and no way to display all the market-related posts together.  I daresay that while a load of folks come to the forum looking for something specific, many like to browse for a deal or something they'd written off, and the new setup makes that awkward. 

What about those that browse, those looking to trade, price checks, and questions related to the market?  There is no "general" or "misc" board, currently, and no way to display all the market-related posts together.  I daresay that while a load of folks come to the forum looking for something specific, many like to browse for a deal or something they'd written off, and the new setup makes that awkward.  

As if we didn't have enough forums and sub-forums on this board already.  ::)

Admittedly I like having a separate Merchants section.

What about those that browse, those looking to trade, price checks, and questions related to the market?  There is no "general" or "misc" board, currently, and no way to display all the market-related posts together.  I daresay that while a load of folks come to the forum looking for something specific, many like to browse for a deal or something they'd written off, and the new setup makes that awkward.  

Not really they can now browse with a better general idea of what they are browsing.

The 4 choices offer more than enough forums to ask questions as well.

If you generally want to sell something use that.  generally want to buy something use that, etc..

My concern is mainly that folks who may have something I need will now not see my "WTB" post, because they are not actively selling, or vice versa.  For instance, I can make nice black dye, but since I'm not actively selling anything at the moment, I'm not likely to browse the WTB forum.  So, if someone were to post there looking for high end black dye, they may miss out on someone being able to help them.

Like I said in my first post, I'm happy to see the re-org, and I agree it was needed.  I'm just not keen on having everything divided as much as it is - it's more poking around than I care to do when I just want to browse.  An option to view all the posts in the sub-forums would be awesome.

Like I said in my first post, I'm happy to see the re-org, and I agree it was needed.  I'm just not keen on having everything divided as much as it is - it's more poking around than I care to do when I just want to browse.  An option to view all the posts in the sub-forums would be awesome.