Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Arbitrary judgements in Wurm

You're just being unrealistic. Would you like to go through life not knowing whether or not a speeding violation could get you 20 years in prison? I doubt it.. same concept applies here. Terror is not a good method of controlling the masses and generally leads to revolution :P

How exactly is a revolution possible on this medium?

the answer has already been given, youre just incapable of reading or comprehending it.  youre going to keep asking and picking things apart until you get something you think you want to hear.

Then why don't you tell us what the answer is, rather than asking us to scroll through pages and pages of blather?

How can someone with a rep sheet as long as their arm claim it's unfair to get punished for one instance?

If you've build up a list of wrongs, it will count in the decision. The straw that broke the camel's back.

I find the Tonygreen quote by Freee all-explanatory: 'they'll never catch me muhaha'.

Looks like they did catch you after all, eh. Of course you try to play the shark lawyer cart now - 'point out the exact rule or I'll walk on a technicality'. Thing is, they don't need to, don't have to and will not. This isn't a court of law. This is a privately owned company that can kick you out at will.

As for 'but if we don't know what he did wrong... what happens if we do the same inadvertedly?', that's nonsense. You can't build up a list of rule breaking like that by accident.

I understand 420 euros is not a life savings, but it is a significant investment in a virtual game when compared to what people generally spend on/in other games.

No I'm not suggesting 500 people will up and quit, but I am suggesting some may and that it will shake peoples' faith in the current methods of moderation. (Not all of you, but I'd say there are a fair number of people who are uncomfortable with the way Tonygreen's ban has been handled so far)

And I am sure he violated some rules, as have a number of people posting in this thread (from what I understand).. but I still think the specific act he did or reason for his ban should be made clear.

And Xallo.. the fact that you were almost banned for something you didn't realize was an exploit.. is just more reason why these rules should be made clear and moderation should be as consistent as possible.

I'm really not trying to piss people off.. just voicing my opinion :/

The only thing I would like to see changed is that in the future the GMs state the truth in order to quell all these rumours of 'Kingdom A complained long enough and Action B finally happened'.

This whole thing has gotten completely out of hand. I think a lot of this drama could have been lessened if the GMs would have just spent some time explaining to the community why he was banned with specific examples. You can't ban someone who has spent this much money on the game and is such a big part of the game without making any information public and not expect an outcry from the player base.

I think a lot of us just need to take a break for while and come back to this with a clearer head.

I understand 420 euros is not a life savings, but it is a significant investment in a virtual game when compared to what people generally spend on/in other games.

No I'm not suggesting 500 people will up and quit, but I am suggesting some may and that it will shake peoples' faith in the current methods of moderation. (Not all of you, but I'd say there are a fair number of people who are uncomfortable with the way Tonygreen's ban has been handled so far)

And I am sure he violated some rules, as have a number of people posting in this thread (from what I understand).. but I still think the specific act he did or reason for his ban should be made clear.

And Xallo.. the fact that you were almost banned for something you didn't realize was an exploit.. is just more reason why these rules should be made clear and moderation should be as consistent as possible.

I'm really not trying to  people off.. just voicing my opinion :/

we all now wild is not freedom wild is a pvp server and in pvp many guys die new ppl noobs or fighters is matter ppl die from pvp or from traps

when that all is not more alowed and we all beceom panik on wild when we kill a jk ppl than is better we all stay in the deeds and late jk make what he will do

Well from what I understand it's not one heinous act that did it.  The mod team is just sick of dealing with him, constantly stepping out of line.  Even during my short visit on wild a couple years ago I remember hearing about him pushing people to make them stuck or some other abuse of some bug.  So this has been going on for years and like they said their current methods of moderation have been ineffective.

How about just not breaking or testing rules. Seems like you would avoid, everything.

How about just not breaking or testing rules. Seems like you would avoid, everything.

The only thing I would like to see changed is that in the future the GMs state the truth in order to quell all these rumours of 'Kingdom A complained long enough and Action B finally happened'.

This whole thing has gotten completely out of hand. I think a lot of this drama could have been lessened if the GMs would have just spent some time explaining to the community why he was banned with specific examples. You can't ban someone who has spent this much money on the game and is such a big part of the game without making any information public and not expect an outcry from the player base.

I think a lot of us just need to take a break for while and come back to this with a clearer head.

There is money in any game. Public walls of shame do not put issues to rest. They have never in the past. That's just a request so it can be argued more.

Heres a good rule:

I think a lot of this drama could have been lessened if the GMs would have just spent some time explaining to the community

No offense.. but I disagree. I think that if you're able to cite specific examples and rules that were broken it would go a long way towards quelling this idea that he was banned because of JK favoritism or for less than what other players have gotten away with in the past. People just want to be able to understand the process and reasoning behind his ban.. then even if they disagree with it.. they'll at least understand how it happened and why.

Mm.. :/ it's not the lesser of two evils in your eyes? Seems like.. there is going to be disagreement and drama either way.. at least one way quiets the rumor mill a bit, in my opinion.

Trying to explain this better, maybe an image would help..

howitworks.png

Do you see how you're not at all involved in this?  Hope so.

Mm.. :/ it's not the lesser of two evils in your eyes? Seems like.. there is going to be disagreement and drama either way.. at least one way quiets the rumor mill a bit, in my opinion.

I think just reading Tonygreen's posts in here reinforces the decision, they are all really aggressive - I have been perma'd in the past so don't tell me it is just natural when annoyed, I understand it is frustrating, but dayum, you really are shooting yourself in the foot.

Yeah, wall of shame is a bad idea.

It just would be nice if they could keep the player base informed. I understand that they don't need to and aren't required to, I just think that the situation could have been handled better if they had made a post explaining the situation.

Most people that get banned, know what they did. Likely before they even did it.

The rules are clearly listed.

I'm sorry but I really can't agree with this, I feel it is pretty obvious why Tony was banned, although I do feel maybe perma was too far despite really disliking him, but to suggest the rules are clearly listed is totally incorrect. Maybe for Freedom's mechanics they are listed clearly, but on Wild there is alot left to the imagination when it comes to 'is this okay or not?'

Oh yes, I don't doubt that Mr.B. But other people don't.