Sign in to follow this  
razoreqx

Berlin merchants sadden. A call to Fort Forsaken. (Resolved please LOCK)

It was a sad day yesterday when we realized the land-bridge near Fort Forsaken on Colossus lake had literally cut the lake in half making access to the sea to the east impossible with a loaded ship.  

Yesterday Berlin Shipyard was happy to open its doors with its first order of 100 rafts only to find the passage blocked.

Upon inspection of the buildings in Fort Forsaken I found lots of damage and decay.  

Is there anyone left active on the deed for Fort Forsaken?   Can we talk about a small path through the land-bridge?  

I'm the mayor of Fort Forsaken, and we have several active villagers. What an ignorant post concerning the fort, and the landbridge. The landbridge was there far longer than the fort, and is being used by several deeds to transport goods around the area. In no way is  this a recent development and in no way did anybody in my village have anything to do with it.

He was just trying to get in contact with you, and asking if adjustments could be made for people who are on the other side of fort forsaken who actually have to travel over said land bridge via large boat. No need to be hostile about it, I don't know how you took offense to someone trying not to step on anyones toes, but thanks for responding, I guess. The situation has been handled and a big thanks to all who helped.

I'm the mayor of Fort Forsaken, and we have several active villagers. What an ignorant post concerning the fort, and the landbridge. The landbridge was there far longer than the fort, and is being used by several deeds to transport goods around the area. In no way is  this a recent development and in no way did anybody in my village have anything to do with it.

Sorry I do not know the history of the Lake.   I did ask a GM about the bridge and his comment was no bridge should block travel across the lake and his words not mine it was "griefing"    

Consequently I did find out that a friend of our village uses that path as well so i wont be pushing the issue further.  

But do you know what a pain in the ass it is to get a loaded boat over that bridge?    Until the new canal is complete its the only way to get shipments out of our village.     Granted i know this is not your problem but the landbridge is my problem.   Thank you for sharing the history of your village.  

Hostility comes from defending myself against someone claiming that I cut a lake in half when the landbridge existed BEFORE I built the fort, and BEFORE I started playing.

His "friend" gave him my name and he could just as well contacted me or a villager in game and been told the exact same thing.

Edit: The area around the landbridge has been shallow enough to walk across since I built here. We have been dredging a long time to allow larger ships to commute the passage. Feel free to spend your evenings dredging as well before complaining.

My apologies Balt.  I know how painful that chore can be and I've seen evidence the efforts.   

I might recommend a marker of some type (even lamps) to signal the deep path cut into the right side of the bridge. 

Cheers