Sign in to follow this  
nervesplitter

when will we start getting players?

3. There is no sense of danger. The AI is severely lacking. Some creatures should have a mob mentality and pose a certain risk to settlements. maybe not overruning a place but perhaps damaging but not destroying stuff.

3. There is no sense of danger. The AI is severely lacking. Some creatures should have a mob mentality and pose a certain risk to settlements. maybe not overruning a place but perhaps damaging but not destroying stuff.

If you want a sense of danger, you're on the wrong server.

totally wrong. There can be a sense of danger without pvp. What's the point of an environment if it doesn't pose a danger? What's left of PvE if the Environment holds no challenge for the player  ::)

If you want a sense of danger, you're on the wrong server.

totally wrong. There can be a sense of danger without pvp. What's the point of an environment if it doesn't pose a danger? What's left of PvE if the Environment holds no challenge for the player  ::)

The environment in Wurm could use some love. Goblin villages, creature mob mentality, etc etc. Right now we´ve just got some creatures strolling about and once you reach a certain level of fs nothing except for uniques (all locked up) poses a threat. PvE could become a lot more interesting if that area is improved, and let's not forget that both server types would benefit from that. Hunting on both Wild and Freedom would become more interesting.

MMOs should be about doing thing together with other players, but in Wurm once your skills are good enough you can solo any non-unique mob on your own, where's the group content?

This is why uniques should respawn on freedom

The environment in Wurm could use some love.

Starving animals could agro at 2x radius - that would turn the danger up a notch.  Lower their combat rating, maybe?

desperate, but weaker.

larger aggro range balanced by making them easier seems ok to me.

Please, think of the children!

Hehe, not to sound all too desperate... but only do these kind of things as far as this is possible without inconveniencing the players with low FS and perhaps also low weapon- and armor-strengths more then they have allready been by the latest changes Rolf made.

Looking around me, I see quite a percentage of those kind of players simply answering those latest changes by giving up on fighting alltogether. There just isnt enough (reachable without dying before getting there) challenge on their level of what they still consider fun anymore. We aren't all born warriors, with also enough time, money, gear and interest to get to the level where we can traverse the wurm-world without really any worry for our hides and belongings 'because we are strong enough to withstand anything anyhow, whats new'. For a very large percentage, Wurm is quite (if not too) dangerous togo about in as it is allready, thank you...

On the other hand, I can really understand that it can't be fun if you love hunting but are above the level where it is still challenging for you. So that there needs to be some love there... okay, agree. But I think that thise love must be put in in a way that does not make life any harder for low-level fighters, who DO have interests (and have they 'no right to'?) that send them around the landscape to follow those.

Frankly, I think the scale needs work on both sides to be more balanced. The lowest range mobs should be made easier again, so that also new and lower level fighters can hunt something their size more easily when they do want to hunt; and indeed perhaps the highest range mobs should be made harder - BUT in places where those lower-levels don't normally find their ways blocked by these impossible-to-overcome creatures in any gamebreaking way (okay if they need to make a small detour to avoid them - but that detour should be possible, if it isnt then the impossible beast shouldnt be blocking their entrance-to-the-world so to speak).

The above example of wished things, in this case 'make all hungry animals extra ferocious' is something that goes across the whole board, across al levels, and therefor is not a good choice, imo. As would be other wishes with the same kind of impact.

I think the solution to make all more happy would really be to lower the difficulty of the low-level beasts again, and raise that of the highest-level beasts; or adding beasts to the game at that level (leaving mid-level as they are).

The above, because I really think it is not a smooth road getting fs up to higher levels at the pace and/or with the gear any player can choose (or is restricted to) now; I experience gaps in that road for quite some players (not all: the smoothness also depends on interests, gear that can be bought, need or no-need for high adrenalinlevels, etc - but those gaps are getting in for too many players now from what I see).

So instead of just making all things harder, look more at spreading things out - so both ways, both up and down, is what I am saying I guess....

Ya, I actually agree, Kianga.  I posted the starving animal idea because it might be easy to implement and because I've thought of it often when hunting.

But any change has consequences.  I think when agro/non-agro animals were split into two different pools, the non-agro animals like deer in the wild dropped way down.  Without such creatures, it's hard for a new player to get the skills to hunt tougher agros.  Maybe creature populations can be relooked in the future, after Epic.  I think any change like starving animal agro should be part of a greater fix.

So instead of just making all things harder, look more at spreading things out - so both ways, both up and down, is what I am saying I guess....

Another option would be to increase the FS gain on training dolls. Players usually don't take that path because it is long and boring, but it does make you ready to fight the lower middle tier mobs.

Another option would be to increase the FS gain on training dolls. Players usually don't take that path because it is long and boring, but it does make you ready to fight the lower middle tier mobs.

hmm maybe alittle increase I used the doll to max skill I could with it and it worked fine.

Would be funny if it fought back a little ;)

hmm maybe alittle increase I used the doll to max skill I could with it and it worked fine.

"The wind blows the arm of the doll and it slaps you round the face, ouch!"

rats should spawn in ruins of houses, I've seen 4 rats in my time on wurm and 3 of those I couldn't reach. scorpions, spiders, lava spiders and trolls however I see every..single..time.. I leave my deed, how new player friendly! a troll spawn outside the starting town!

try leaving animals you kll unbutchered. lots of rats will spawn if you leave them.

really or?

try leaving animals you kll unbutchered. lots of rats will spawn if you leave them.

2. The fact that everyone can basically do everything is ridiculous. As mentioned before, if people were limited to the number of skills they could have it could foster a sense of community. On my alt, I force myself to a few skills. I mainly mine but I do some lumber jacking and carpentry as needed. I also fish and do minor cooking. My friend does the blacksmithing, major cooking, digging and stone work. We adapt a little as needed.

meh.  I killed 5 rats yesterday.  Half a dozen wildcats too.  And spiders, cave bugs, scorpions.  Just get out there and go looking for them and maybe you'll see them.

I disagree. What makes wurm economy so stagnant is it's close relation to RMT and RL cash. Decreasing the number of skills players can have will just kill solo players and not do anything useful otherwise.

Players with cash wouldn't suddenly start spending RL dollars on crappy ql30 tools just because they are limited in skills, they would either make an alt for the same money or buy from a high end crafter... just like they do now.

Read page 1 and skipped to page 7 to replay so sorry if this has been sed already.

The best ever way to get more players on is word of mouth advertisement - its free and it works,

So go and tell your friends about Wurm.

Change your Facebook status to "If you want to talk to me download Wurm Online and send me a /tell ingame" (I saw that one being done and decided to use in small edit on that)

Edit your sigs on forums to :"Currently living at {town name} in Wurm Online. Please help we buy paying for a fibre optic cable to there." (one of my townies joking about South-Africa going Fibre optic)

Thats just a few ideas - so go out and SCREEM in the street "I play Wurm Online - Come join me."

Read page 1 and skipped to page 7 to replay so sorry if this has been sed already.

The best ever way to get more players on is word of mouth advertisement - its free and it works,

^^^^^^

agree'd it is the best

it happened with Minecraft and im sure it will happen with wurmonline, Just word of mouth :) and im sure a cosmetic change to the website wouldnt hurt :P

The environment in Wurm could use some love.

Starving animals could agro at 2x radius - that would turn the danger up a notch.  Lower their combat rating, maybe?