Sign in to follow this  
Willow

where do you want this years Impalong?

I wanted to throw this out to the masses before I started making any plans. I am more than happy to host this years Impalong at the same location (Festival Cove) as last year so long as you all want that. If you would rather someone else take it on at a different area then shout up. I know there was rumour that some other players wanted to do it so please don't be shy.

Could anyone say something about what Impalong is exactly? Other than the oblivious clue the name holds, I and surely every other newbie would like a bit more info about this event

Imp-a-long is where tons of high level crafters and priests take all your noob tools and imp them up to decent(or high) ql and enchant some of them.

Make sure the place you are wanting, actually wants to host it and not just picking a nice place to go to :)

San Tropez, the Impalong is a player-held event that takes place the week of Christmas.  The chosen area is set up for all types of crafting, and lots of it.  All the players with skills come and imp items for the newer players (usually to 70ql).  All items are imped, including weapons, armors, and tools.  And, as Darthryan has added, priests can also enchant your items for you, while they get a chance to do some preaching.  This has traditionally taken place neat the spot where Sants shows up, so prem players can pick up their presents and non-prems can eat from Santa's table.  Yes, only prem players get a present from Santa, but Santa's table will give you 100% nutrition when you eat from it.

Ok, the explanation is over.  I vote for Silent Hill, as it would be interesting to have it far from the new player spawn for a change.

i prefer it close to the central spawns mainly because it's close to santa, rather than travelling an hour to get your gift and then get tool imping, and it's usually central too. Thats my views on Christmas ones anyway, more centralised it is the fairer it is for everyone else. Other impalongs such as Freedom Opening anniversary impalong i dont mind being changed all the time :)

Either way, it's too far for me ;). But I vote for Festival Cove because:

a) It's more central

B) It's accessible by boat

Thats true, forgot all about Santa, Festival Cove is probably the best option.

Either way, it's too far for me ;). But I vote for Festival Cove because:

a) It's more central

B) It's accessible by boat

This.

i prefer it close to the central spawns mainly because it's close to santa, rather than travelling an hour to get your gift and then get tool imping, and it's usually central too. Thats my views on Christmas ones anyway, more centralised it is the fairer it is for everyone else. Other impalongs such as Freedom Opening anniversary impalong i dont mind being changed all the time :)

Not that I particularly care becuase Ill be gone around christmas most likely anyways, but you dont have to go to santa anymore to pick yup your gift. You can get them from a christmas tree :)

Festival Cove. It's owned by one of the best players and Wurm and is for the most part a very central location close to the starter town. :)

Not that I particularly care becuase Ill be gone around christmas most likely anyways, but you dont have to go to santa anymore to pick yup your gift. You can get them from a christmas tree :)

Oh yeah i totally forgot! haha, i don't mind where it is personally as it's all ace.

Ok so this will be my first Christmas... can we plant our own Christmas trees?  Just want to know so I can start the seeds of holiday design early :P

Also.. if it was held in center of map would be much easier for newbs and slightly older newbs.  I for one have a horse now but no boat so will still take me better part of an hour to get there.

Thanks!  Sounds fun!

One more vote for Festival Cove, since that's where my 'Deal or No Deal' set is located.

Ok so this will be my first Christmas... can we plant our own Christmas trees?  Just want to know so I can start the seeds of holiday design early :P

Also.. if it was held in center of map would be much easier for newbs and slightly older newbs.  I for one have a horse now but no boat so will still take me better part of an hour to get there.

Thanks!  Sounds fun!

Yes, Ardis. Christmas trees are craftable. They might even be craftable right now... christmas gifts are.

As for traveling to the location, don't worry about that. You can come with us.

And:

festival cove seems like the best choice to me.

What about organizing something like company branches? A few places around the server to make impalong more available for people?

Festival Cove, The building are already in place,central location, it was well organized and run last Christmas.

What about organizing something like company branches? A few places around the server to make impalong more available for people?

Agreed

But saying that i'd like to visit Willow :D

ps: I'll be doing fine carp items if anyone is interested.