Sign in to follow this  
Madt

Severe client bugs with the new update.

First some pictures just to show:

http://i36.tinypic.com/9s6ii0.jpg

Notice how the sun is up yet the sky is pitch black?

http://i37.tinypic.com/55ryog.jpg

I've tried everything, compressions on off etc etc nothing fixes this.

And, models are failing to load up. Fountains disappear sometimes when i walk past them. Settlement Tokens are completely invisible when I know they are there.

And finally. When ever I spawn somewhere I spawn in some random lake with half rendered terrain and mountains.

I tried to recreate the bug to take a screenie but could not.

Just wanted to let you know we are looking into this, any additional info is welcome

such as what hardware you are using (specifically video-card).

Am i correct in reading this happends totally random? And you can launch the client several times without running into this bug?

If there are others with the same problem, please feel free to post with any info you have, the more information we have the easyer it becomes to track down the problem.

The skys are sort of reversed for me as well, but it isn't that bad. It's not as dark as it use to be.

wurmnight_thm.png

ATI 3870 here.

I have an NVidia 8600GT, AMD Dual core, WinXP 2gb ram and I get the constant dark sky too

I have a Geforce 6600 and this is happening to me.  But for me it is not random.

In mornings when the sun rises...the sky stays dark.  I can exit the client and log back in and it will correct the sky.  Until the sun goes down in the evening.  Then the sky stays bright.  Logging out and back in fixes it until the next cycle of the sun.

GF8600 GS, Vista home edition

I got this to

The moons, Sol and stars are still in their tracks and are moving, its just the sky that dont change.

The sky turns normal after a restart but its fixed and dont change apperance.

Reminds me of the different times we had in beta, some had nioghts and some had days :)

Same problem here on Ubuntu Linux 8.04 with Nvidia 8600GTS and latest beta drivers (and on WinXP with the same hardware).

Clouds and moons look fine and move, the sky is totally black though.

Can't start Wurm to verify if it looks fine after a restart due to another bug which i have posted about in another thread.

Oh wow madt's screenshot's look so cool, Cant it always be like that D: (ofcourse higher QL textures, But the colors look nice)

My skies are bright blue during the night...

here are the pics

wurm200810010037.png

and

compared to the ground

wurm2008100100371.png

Kind of opposite of what yall are describing, but it fits

Oh wow madt's screenshot's look so cool, Cant it always be like that D: (ofcourse higher QL textures, But the colors look nice)

yeah, thats what i call dark nights, looking good

A fix for this has been implemented and should come to you all in the next reboot, please let us know if this problem persists the comming days.

My apologies to the people that couldn't sleep at night due to the bright skies.