Sign in to follow this  
Fatalstryke

Just some stuff I would like to see...

I'm sure that for various reasons, probably involving ease of moneymaking or usefulness, it probably wouldn't be a good idea to change the prices of the money sink items. However, if they had more reasonable prices, I'd definitely be willing to buy them if I found them to be useful. Heck, if there was a way for me to get them at a reasonable price and get multiple copies of certain ones, I'd be glad to buy more silver just for the items. 1s is a great price for an item. 5s is somewhat fair but not something I really want to pay for something I'd need multiple copies of, like Shaker orbs. I really wanted a Rod of transmutation but when I saw the price - no thanks. I'd pay 5s, heck maybe 10s or so for a Rod. 50s...not so much.

Money shipments to traders should be in smaller amounts more often instead of large amounts very slowly. That alone would probably encourage the use of money. Speaking of which, if the money you spent on money sink items actually went to the trader, that would certainly make me way more willing to actually spend my real life money for silver in-game coins.

Make some easier way of destroying certain things, specifically junk locks and keys.

On GV there are literally hundreds, at a bare minimum, of both keys which do not have accompanying locks and vice versa. Lava doesn't even damage the keys, and I find it odd that while it does kill a player in less than 10 seconds, it takes multiple minutes for a wooden item to even take 1 damage.

Lighten up the color of damage just a bit. On a related note, it's kind of annoying seeing a dark red, then opening it up and realizing it's just a bunch of lights and very lights.

Some sort of abandoned/not abandoned system, so you're able to mark things as abandoned or not abandoned, and somehow through logs and monitoring of "abandoned" things, if it does appear to have truly been abandoned long ago, then it gets a nice increase in decay. Things would have to be manually flagged as abandoned or not, and if anyone modifies an "abandoned" item then it's automatically cleared. Somehow of course this would have to be made so that people can't use it to grief. Probably -1 to this but it would certainly be a nifty thing if it was in-game and worked right. I'm not sure, I just want all this stuff to either be maintained obviously or just hurry up and decay. Plus, if someone makes a mistake making like a fence or something, there should be some way to at least help it on its way to decaying so progress can be made. For instance, I'm still waiting for this darn fence I made a long time ago to decay. I hate waiting weeks because I made one piece of fence a while back and now I want to make a house there.

Some sort of visual hint that an item is "different" - starter tools, 50kg large anvils, etc

Some most likely cheaper and weaker version of deeds or something similar to deeds that even free players on GV could buy, whether it be a one time payment thing or a maintained payment thing...possibly another money sink item, perhaps one that affects larger amounts of land instead of just one tile.

A money sink item or some method of fixing messed up cave floors

I bet selling GV accounts for real world money would get some takers.

Some way to find out where the spawn is that spawned a certain animal.

Some way to find out where spawns are.

Some way to find out what animals have a chance to spawn on the tile on which you stand.

Some way to convey all the important information of the items in your inventory while taking up a minimal amount of space.

I'm sure it's been said many times before, but renaming all selected items/renaming bulk items/making some way to customize certain, if not all, items so that you can ensure that nobody else can take it, or maybe just act like a Rename that can't be renamed a second time.

Some thing to prevent items from moving on server restarts. Perhaps something for carts like what mooring is for boats.

A windowed mode that starts at the top left of my screen, and finishes at the bottom right of the visible part of the desktop so as not to overlap my taskbar at the bottom.

Make things take less time. I know a friend who likes this game a lot and was considering paying for his premium and mine, but every time he logs on, he logs off very quickly because he doesn't want to dedicate a bunch of time to get stuff that's just going to decay anyway. As a tradeoff, maybe make larger projects a bit harder, make them require more materials or something, because I can definitely understand why JUST making things quicker would be bad...but you are losing many, many potential customers just because this game takes so long and it sort of sucks you into playing even if you don't "want" to be playing at that particular moment. (One of the reasons Ammondenihil quit, I recall.) The changing of the forge heating is definitely a huge step in the right direction; in fact, if anything, it's maybe TOO big of a step. Tone it down a bit, then start changing other things so they too take less time. Repair actions that don't require items, for instance.

Maybe make some items or actions that actually require two players to work together, but the result is more than two times better than a similar item or action only requiring one person. I personally don't know that I'd hardly ever get use out of this feature due to being on GV, but it would be an interesting mechanism to encourage working together and teamwork. Or alt abuse.

The tutorial should have good emphasis on the wiki and the forum.

The tutorial should also tell people what server they're on and tell them a bit about it. People should not have absolutely no knowledge of where they are as far as what continent and server they're on.

To most of your suggestions; You are not meant to be on GV on the first place, so issues there do not need. There's an easy fix, just leave GV and go to a real server.

To the cheaper moneysinks; their prices are fine considering other people do buy them.

For the rest, I didnt read it but considering I didnt like any of the other suggestions, -1

Contrary to Alyeska, I read it all, and it's a big -1 to everything. Maybe the timers could be discussed, but really, get a decent tool if you want to reduce the timer.

I took the time to actually read this, and I got a simple solution to you, if you are "supposly" buying money to get money sink items, you need to get the hell out of GV, you are not suppose to live there, you are not suppose to have a deed as a f2p, hell stop bringing attention to you and whoever else is still there with you.

-1 to the entire suggestion.

+9999999999 to kicking you and anyone else left on GV, just because you keep reminding others on other servers about your little exclusive private paradise server, let's just end this nonsense once and for all.

I agree with max... GV was a failure, and is dead now. I don't see why Rolf should waste his time and money on that no income server.

...anyone have an opinion that doesn't have anything to do with blah blah blah I hate GV you should leave etc etc? I don't much care what people say, I'm not leaving GV, but that's not what this thread is about. GV is still alive, it's not hurting anything. Deal with it.

So yes, anyone care to actually give a reason as to why you're -1ing even the stuff that has nothing to do with GV?

The suggestions are pretty good, aside from the GV associations... and "GV isn't hurting anyone" is untrue. It hurts Rolf, the other devs, and everyone playing the game not on GV. GV shares the login server, making it slower to log in. GV gives players a reason NOT to go premium(they have a free account on an unpopulated paradise world).

I do agree that GV is doing no harm, but you really should start realising that the only changes that is gonna happen there is on the tutorial. Besides, several of your suggestions just make you seem like a freeloader who cannot live with the fact that certain features are not unlocked for f2p, namely deeds.

The suggestions are pretty good, aside from the GV associations... and "GV isn't hurting anyone" is untrue. It hurts Rolf, the other devs, and everyone playing the game not on GV. GV shares the login server, making it slower to log in. GV gives players a reason NOT to go premium(they have a free account on an unpopulated paradise world).

Never really noticed a diffrence in logon time even when GV was at its peak before the switchover.    Doubt it even taxes too mutch of the server resources to do it in most situations.  

Tbh, it  dosen't really matter if only a handful of players continue to enjoy that server.  The mentality of "noob king" is gone along with the new players's segergation from the prem guys.  I'd never have it any other way, even with the damage I know it may or may not have done to people on freedom.  Most people have to be shown that there is a better way of doing things, and seeing that guy ride around on that horse past you as you hoof it to the next villager is a great incentive, and I think stuff like that is the one main reason that population seems to be improving at a much faster rate then before.  

Now Fatal, bro I know ya love ur GV, but some of the suggestions such as shorter time and stuff is the kind of thing that occurs when you get your skills to the point where you fail alot less at at stuff, and in some instances actually get bonuses.  As your skills with tools goes up the timer lowers, the QL of the tool also effects the time and then thats not counting enchants.   What it comes down to is as you play and mature into the game everything eventually gets easier in some respects.  

Granted your projects get more ambitious as you get the skills to do more with less,  and your sights are higher, but the basic stuff gets easier and easier to do.  

I remember how long it took me to make my first 100 planks on GV, on wild my guy can knock out over 500 in less time than it took me to make 100 with his tools and skills.  

I remember you, and you have actually been playing much longer than I have.  I know the freedom of not having to worry about paying, but to me its definitely not worth it for me.    I've had much more fun, and my time is used much more effectively since I've come to wild.    

The suggestion about lower timers was just because I've seen this game lose potential customers simply over how long it takes to do stuff. I mean, perhaps there should be a warning at the beginning of the tutorial? "Warning, this game takes a long time at first, but if you stick with it and pay for premium, actions take much less time." No, that doesn't quite seem right. That, and it just makes the game feel like something to play while you're doing something else half the time. It makes you want the results but not want the process to get the results. I guess I'm more patient and have more time than many people, but even I sometimes think to myself, "Why am I playing this?" Again, of course not all of these suggestions are actually "good" suggestions to be implemented, especially considering that there are more important upgrades and fixes for this game.

As for the prices on money sink items, one of the reasons I even brought this up in the first place is because of the people that have unnecessary hostility towards GV. After hearing so many people accuse me of not contributing to the game, it made me LOOK FOR a reason to contribute to the game. The only problem is, I'm not going to spend money on something I'm not going to use; thus, if the prices on Rod of Transmutation and Shaker orbs were lower, and the trader got more of them occasionally, I'd be willing to buy the silver to buy the money sink items. Heck, I wouldn't go premium even if it was free, so whatever.

Maybe at some point I'll take out some of the suggestions and maybe leave the more serious ones that I actually think should be implemented globally or something. Until then, how about we not mention GV unless it's actually relevant and important to the purpose of the thread?

The suggestion about lower timers was just because I've seen this game lose potential customers simply over how long it takes to do stuff. I mean, perhaps there should be a warning at the beginning of the tutorial? "Warning, this game takes a long time at first, but if you stick with it and pay for premium, actions take much less time." No, that doesn't quite seem right. That, and it just makes the game feel like something to play while you're doing something else half the time. It makes you want the results but not want the process to get the results. I guess I'm more patient and have more time than many people, but even I sometimes think to myself, "Why am I playing this?" Again, of course not all of these suggestions are actually "good" suggestions to be implemented, especially considering that there are more important upgrades and fixes for this game.

As for the prices on money sink items, one of the reasons I even brought this up in the first place is because of the people that have unnecessary hostility towards GV. After hearing so many people accuse me of not contributing to the game, it made me LOOK FOR a reason to contribute to the game. The only problem is, I'm not going to spend money on something I'm not going to use; thus, if the prices on Rod of Transmutation and Shaker orbs were lower, and the trader got more of them occasionally, I'd be willing to buy the silver to buy the money sink items. Heck, I wouldn't go premium even if it was free, so whatever.

Maybe at some point I'll take out some of the suggestions and maybe leave the more serious ones that I actually think should be implemented globally or something. Until then, how about we not mention GV unless it's actually relevant and important to the purpose of the thread?

Heh the biggest problems with the timers I have is the point-click fest of alot of the stuff.   I know automation is a dirty word in this game, but I've seen it work in many others and it helps the players focus on other things, like building and combat, etc.  

The biggest problem in the game for me is the insane amount of repetition that goes on.   I have CTS in my left wrist, and its agony for me to do anything without my speedpad in the game, and my right wrist isn't much better.    Putting in a system of doing a series of actions you have to chain manually but can just use one button for would go a long way towards keeping those players.  

Most ppl seem to think this will make macroing easier, but I have to say with how simple the interface in this game, if you knew what you were doing you wouldn't need much to put something together.  Thankfully we have a diligent and vigilant staff that catches most of the macroers that try it.   (at least the careless ones anyways)

Anyways the more you force the players to do boring and repetitive stuff for hours on end the more people that will try to find a way to "beat the system" 

I actually like Battlepaw's idea, since I usually end up in a routine. It'd be nice to have a maintain mode where you just add a repair action to every action where a tool that can be repaired was used and damaged. Personally, anything that breaks things down into smaller chunks sounds like a great idea - be it the money a trader gets, or visually watching those planks actually get attached to the wall, watching that colossus go up brick by brick or a few bricks at a time.

Golden Valley is NOT an open server.  There are only a handful of playing accounts there and I am pleased with the help those few provide with answers to new player questions.  They have no effect on any other part of the game.  Yes they would be better off on Freedom, and we will remove anyone who interferes with our progress on the tutorial system or gives out false advice to new players.  They receive no benefit to being there and are there at their own willingness to suffer increased decay and lack of deeds and other items afforded to Freedom players.

The tutorial system is progressing steadily and we will continue to update and improve it. 

As far as the rest of this thread.... click.