Sign in to follow this  
Robespierre

Resources spots

I heard a rumor that spots of resources are spread unevenly on the territory of the island. Is it true? For example, now I am concerned about the lead for an anchor and copper for the keys’ copies. And in the feature I may need other resources. Would I be able to find all the necessary resources relatively not far from my place? If no, can I look at the map of the resources distribution on the island? Also, where can I get the information on the cost of lead and cooper?  And what can I exchange them for, if my skills rate is 20?

(my plase is in south of freedom island not far Mystery Glade)

Resources like ores and digging materials are somewhat randomly distributed so no, you have no guarantee of finding them near you. There is no resource map of the server but digging resources (clay, peat, tar) are often marked on the Freedom Map (http://noizeviolation.com/wurm/Freedom_map.png). Just like the rest of us, you'll have to trade for things you need with other players. The is no set, recognized price or value to any of these items but you might find some threads in Freedom Market.

I would agree with Othob and say that for the most part, it's random.

[o]Ore, of all types, can be found all over and are random. I have every ore type but silver on my deed.

[o]Tree/bush types are specific to an area (naturally), but can be player altered (by planting sprouts of wanted trees and cutting down unwanted).

[o]Tar tiles are predefined and cannot be moved/altered, but tar can be player made if none is locally accessible.

[o]Sand is easily obtainable and can be "transplanted" to other areas.

The few resources that aren't random:

[o]Clay. Usually only found near water or water-table level.

[o]Peat is predefined like tar, but can't be made by a player.

[o]Rock/mines. There are players that build at sea level-ish with no hills around only to find that they can't dig a mine. They hit water before the rock layer.

[o]Ore, of all types, can be found all over and are random. I have every ore type but silver on my deed.

On the other hand, on my mine I found 5 lead veins and had to tunnel through 70-80 tiles before finding a iron, so I am still convinced there is some regional influence to the randomness.

Quite, with the exception of iron (which is found widely spread) all the other ores occur in clusters of varying size. Iron also occurs in clusters of increased density as well.

Quite, with the exception of iron (which is found widely spread) all the other ores occur in clusters of varying size. Iron also occurs in clusters of increased density as well.

Same here, over 30 iron and only 1 silver, 1 gold and 1 zinc, but with the added bonus of these last 3 been all utmost. Iron goes from very bad to utmost.

Better than the main Freebears mine which is about 30 Zinc veins, 1 gold, a lead and a couple of iron :P

My mine(unfortunately) seems to be the same as hordern's... we have LOTS of tin and zinc, a few iron, 1 lead, and thats it.