Sign in to follow this  
BlGpapa

thanx GM!

i wish to thanx all the GM for working so hard to solve my issue.

to those how want to know what i am talking about  here my story

i had a abandoned boat on my deed. it was lock and had anchor. i try to contact the owner email, msg on the forum nothing worked. then  i asked a GM to remove it or at least move it off my deed and he said he was not allow to.

so days pass and asken to another GM what happen if i destroyed the boat with a catapult, she said If i succed i will be threated like a griefer.she also said that they (the GM) where working on a solution that will be soon ready. i did not belive it at 100%  so i made the catapult but did not try to use it on the boat, i was more to let some anger out will building it that anything else. 

my only hope was it to rot away

but  yesterday someone came and fix it.....i was so mad!!!!  so later at night in bed before falling asleep i was thinking about that boat and  what i can do to get rid of it. so i had the idea of building a fence around it to prevend anyone from fixing it so he will finally rot.

but just to be sure i wanted to ask a GM if i will break any rule by doing so. so ENKI (GM) came and said that i can build a fence around it IF it is on my deed, but i should let the owner have it if he came back. Then he talked about the salave thing, and he come see the boat.

ENKI "you want to salvage the boat or have it remove?"

ME "how long that will take to salvage?"

ENKI "60days"

ME "and to have it remove?"

ENKI "now"

i was like, how that can be i was told GM had not the right to do so.

ME "remove it then please"

so ENKI, told me the GM have worked on a solution FOR MY ISSUE they build a marina where that kind of boat will by taken and they will try to contact the owner and if they fail the boat will be sold.

SO a very big thanx to those invole in the work of solving my problem. there no word to say how much i appreciated it really.

i will never say it nuff THANX to all the staff invole. i am the happiest WURM player right now.

I dont see what was the big issue in the first place. Thing was left on your deed, unless you built your deed around the boat then i dont see what was the reason for the "special meeting and rule".

We had a similar issue in the past. Some GMs will move boats a few tiles for you, others will say it's not allowed. It all depends on who you get that day.

I think he was just the lucky first one to be allowed to make use of this marina - and after having had ninja-repairders around *more* then once on the abandoned boats on my deed (so after a full year they are still there for 'endless times') I am very happy indeed that a solution is finally (almost?) here, thanks GM's!

i have to build half of my deed by dumping dirt in the water so a boat on my deed was a big issue that prevent me from using nearly 1/4 of my deed area that i was not able to fill with dirt

We had a similar issue in the past. Some GMs will move boats a few tiles for you, others will say it's not allowed. It all depends on who you get that day.

humm that a bit sad the rule should been apply the same way no matter who you get. but they still do a good job, some maybe are more cautious that other. in the sense that they dont want to do something that it's not allowed.

Removing the abandoned locked/moored boats that are cluttering up the server is a good idea that will make a lot of folk happy, good going GM team.   :)

so ENKI, told me the GM have worked on a solution FOR MY ISSUE they build a marina where that kind of boat will by taken and they will try to contact the owner and if they fail the boat will be sold.

However, I don't think you will be making the boat builders smile if it is true that you are gonna sell some of these on.  For the time it takes to build them I think most folk would say boats are cheap at the moment and an increase in the supply of boats may help to drive the prices down further.  

Considering the slow rate at which they decay and the ease of maintaining them it doesn't look good if you are going to bring boats back into the economy which are currently out of the economy.  You may have already thought about this in your discussion and planning stages but if not it is something that could do with looking at.

i have to build half of my deed by dumping dirt in the water so a boat on my deed was a big issue that prevent me from using nearly 1/4 of my deed area that i was not able to fill with dirt

as far as I know, you can drop dirt under a boat

Its nice that the suggestion I have put forward a few times has been implemented. Now it should be possible to own a deed with a dock without looking at several abandoned boats for years before they decay.

Just a bit more info... I built the boat one of my inactive villages must have parked it there last time be played. This is also the reason why you could not contact him.

If i'd know, i could have come and moved it, but there is noway for you to know that.

So as well as completing the Marina for the GMs last night, i also have the first boat in there... ;D

Now for me to get a GM to move the boats cluttering up my harbour.

Hi,

[...] so ENKI (GM) came [...]

Lucky you! Enki has, to my knowledge, proven as the most nice, reasonable and helpful GM ever.

Not in vain the people of the Golden Valley declared an old oak as the "Enki Tree", to worship him!

Once, ages ago, in another incarnation, I had the pleasure to see him in action. Some morons had chopped & sanded a huge area, just for their sick fun. Nearby inhabitants was not pleased, as you can imagine. /dev was made.

I was out, lantern snuffed, trying to catch them evildoers. Suddenly, orange text "Was it you that did the sanding?". Nearly spoiled my pants, believe me! But I answered "No, it was me that did the /dev".

And then he started his unique Enki dance, hopping around the area, glowing in the air, planting trees all over the sanded place, marvelous!

And vanished as quickly as he had came. Just telling me "there might be some tiles missed, guess you'll take care" - and suddenly I had then unheard 100% nutrition!

In about 10 minutes he had made a seriously spoiled landscape into a nice, beautiful area again. And made us true believers to The Cult of the Mighty Enki.

Enki is just special, a living legend, and you was very lucky to get him assigned to your problem.

Worship the Mighty Enki, and have a good time!

PS: Enki for President! ;-))))

Enki has a great rep as a great GM but that is only the same rep as the whole GM team

He's just been being nice a bit longer

Well FT is still around {yay}, Pacer I havent seen for a long time {sad thing}

ZeroByte quit (playful GM but very helpful to all us from MRH that remember)

LeveDara, I miss her absent shruberry, she was nice and like to chat to bored old guys like me

But we have plenty of good new GM's

And Oracle is eternal

(Does s/he ever remind you of the Keepers from Thief?

Or is that just me :P)

While this issue is currently handled under a new ruling I would like to say that I have dealt with gm's in the past that had to deal with issues not really covered or that were in a grey area. With that said I would like to say that I have always found them to be very helpful and courteous in whatever situation they "drop" in on.

Thank you to all the gm's for doing a quite often thankless job.

On behalf of the GM team, thank you!

We do our best to collect all the information on situations and try to work towards the best solutions with strict regards to Rolf's intentions.  Our ability to solve situations may not always be prompt and immediate, but to us, knowledge is power and from that we develop our system.

As far as the new FCTF Marina,  it is open for business finally.  The FCTF Marina is located next to Freedom Docks and it is for boats that are locked and moored on your deed that you cannot manage or move, when you do not wish to pursue a salvage claim on a vessel stuck on your deed, and you are unable to reach the owner of the stuck vessel.

Vessels that qualify for the FCTF will be towed to the FCTF marina where an FCTF salvage notice will be issued and attempts to contact the owner made.  At the end of the FCTF salvage time (currently 60 days as standard salvage claims)  The vessel may be auctioned off.

Proceeds form the auctions will be put towards future Wurm team sponsored events.  Vessels that fail to auction may be held for a short time and a second chance sale or they may be scrapped. the vessels will be scrapped.  Official policy regarding the FCTF Marina is still under works.

If you have a vessel on Freedom that qualifies for the FCTF please send a /dev and we will come and collect it.

Proceeds form the auctions will be put towards future Wurm team sponsored events.  

Just in case this is the sole reason they are being sold off:  I'm pretty sure if you asked the playerbase for donations to fund public projects that you would be inundated with more items and coin than you would know what to do with.

Of course I can't speak on everyone's behalf, but look at the donations for the first Akhenaten Tournament as an example of their generosity.

EDIT:  At least that way you can leave the economy to be run by the players as a sandbox economy should be.

This ships that are "abandoned" of the sort, should not in any way be re-sold, you will take an already dying business and completely kill it. This boats should either be keep there until they rot or zap to oblivion in 3 months, not sold, my 2 irons worth.

Edit: sorry for the derailment, but it had to be said.

Enki has a great rep as a great GM but that is only the same rep as the whole GM team

He's just been being nice a bit longer

Well FT is still around {yay}, Pacer I havent seen for a long time {sad thing}

ZeroByte quit (playful GM but very helpful to all us from MRH that remember)

LeveDara, I miss her absent shruberry, she was nice and like to chat to bored old guys like me

But we have plenty of good new GM's

And Oracle is eternal

(Does s/he ever remind you of the Keepers from Thief?

Or is that just me :P)

just lurking about as usual mate, wife, kids, school, various terraforming ideas, incessant forge smithing, you know how it goes