Sign in to follow this  
Moxie

The Freedom Thank You Thread

In the spirit of community-building and goodwill, I propose that we use this thread as a place to thank, cheer on, or pass kudos to other players who have gone out of their way to do something nice for others. This could be a co-villager, a neighbor, a passer-by, or maybe just a random person who made your day in some way. Nothing is too big or too small... it's all the little things that add up to a great gaming experience.

I'll go first:

Big thanks to Schiann for travelling a far distance just to take care of some Champion Trolls that were terrorizing the NE area. Props to you for helping out, it was greatly appreciated! :D

Thank you Evilvision for being such a good neighbor, a friend, a trade partner and helping hand in times when needed. Half my tools and almost all my wealth is because of you.

Thanks to Tumetai and Indreju for being good and helpful neighbors who understood me :)

Also thanks to Mystral, neighbor and friend, even now when you have left Wurm I still have too many olives to work with. I miss you.

I would thank the entire village of small bears( on JKH) and  free bears(later renamed to fit with freedom) for when they took me in when i first started out playing wurm :)

I would like to thank Howitzer of Halcyon for first taking me in last April, giving me an opportunity to learn much about the game as well as the chance to work up the skills needed to allow for venturing out on my own.

I would like to thank Tamorlane for being awesome.

I would like to de-thank Aeris because she is a meanie face.

A big thanks to Silent Hill and crew for treating me like a villager even though it's been 4 years since I left on JK-H. ;)

Pashka for helping us get horses so we could get on our feet on Freedom.

Fooli for setting us up with a deed and temporary housing until we found a spot of our own.

Zuperman for being the cool guy he is. :)

And many more!

I'd like to thank Pashka and Kadore for helping me find a spot to deed, twice, and for being better neighbours than I probably deserve.  :)

Willow for helping me search for my corpse near her deed when I was a newbie.

Farmerbob for helping me spam out keel sections up near Samling for my first rowboat the day I arrived on Freedom from GV.

Ayesha for combining two keel sections and then sending them to me and Farmerbob cause we'd destroyed about 20 by that point.  ;D

Dunfly for giving me a spot to call home for my first days on Freedom.

And many thanks to Anki for the laughs.  ;)

A very big thanks to our mayor Jollibee who took me in after another villager, Skater, brought me some water off the deed when I was lost and thirsty along with the cautionary tale his absent mayor would kill me if I tried to take or ruin anything! Jolli has far from murdered me, and although all of our villagers in Boac have been wonderful fun and very helpful teaching me about the game, Jolli has been most helpful as the landed one who gave me my place to stay &c. ;)

Also, thanks to everyone who helped us chop bushes with Mrbloodworth earlier this week, quite a fun event and show of teamwork and zombie murder :D

What a good idea for a thread!  (And not just because I'm mentioned in the opening post, I swear :P)

I'd like to thank:

Howitzer for coming out to Oasis last year and helping dig some spots down that were too steep for myself or my son to work on.

Crazybill for coming over to Oak Harbour and doing the same as above!

GrizzlyAdams, Revelation, and Libertha for chopping nice logs for me.

Pomona for helping rescue our cogs, corbitas and knarrs from inside Cave Canal walls countless times.

Leaf and Rimnod for giving me the "heads up" when they thought I had a hole in my fences.

Loads and loads of other people I could mention, especially my Wurm neighbours, who are always quick to help out when they are able.

I'll go first:

Big thanks to Schiann for travelling a far distance just to take care of some Champion Trolls that were terrorizing the NE area. Props to you for helping out, it was greatly appreciated! :D

I think Schiann is wonderful and that I am darn lucky to have this great resource right next door!  When I was traveling through all worn out and discouraged as a newbie, she helped show me several spots in the area that could be deeded, let me use her deed and workshops as a base till I could get my own started, then when I discovered (to my dismay) that the rock I needed to access for a mine was 200 deep under some marsh, she dug down and got a new mine started up for me, when I would have given up in frustration. She also gave me a great horse to start my dream of being a horse rancher, even though she already had a highly respected horse breeding operation in the same area.

Schiann's help probably made all the difference in me staying on to become a true Wurmfanatic. \o/  

Also thanks to Dadd who always checks with new players in the area to see if there is any help they need :) and who let me take over some land he had invested a lot of time prepping when I wanted to expand. Zerocool for always lending a helping hand. And Ekiz for being the first person in Wurm to help me get started and learn as much as possible about the game. Also Hankreardan for providing free felled trees for newbies to chop up in the Howl area (I will always be grateful for that help on my very first day, never going to forget it as I would have been so discouraged without that help)

Goodness the more I think about it, the more people in this game I have to thank, I might have to add on a lot of edits here as I remember them all ^_^

Hmmm... soo many people.

Thank you Berris, for being such a cool dude, laid back about your order, and helping me out every time I asked you for something.

Thank you Jilynn, for the 20 wheat so I could tame my horse to enable me to log off in a hurry 6 months ago... I never forgot. ;)

Thanks to Godoffal, for being a friend, and also being very patient with me, as well as keeping me entertained in many a late night Wurm session.

Thank you Masimo, for also being a friend, and employing me so much early on, even when I didn't have a whole lot of skill. Your chat is also a welcome diversion from the grindfest. :D

Thanks to Mauz, for being so friendly to me the time I got lost over by your deed, and letting me camp overnight in your deed. I enjoyed the many conversations we had afterwards, and I will sorely miss you.

Thanks to Tamorlane, for putting up with my trespasses on your deed, and being so levelheaded about dealing with me after my rage. (lol)

Thanks to Ruriko, for my first pair of horses, travelling quite a long ways to deliver them to me, and teaching me the basics of caring for animals. I still think about those first two horses pretty often!

Thank you Schiann, for offering me a FREE fleeter+lightning when mine was killed in battle with a troll after I stupidly rode it tamed.. I demanded to pay you because you are a nice person and deserve it!

Thanks to Plater for that single large nails... I was far from home, and my little project would have been kaput without that single nail! Guys like you make Wurm a better place. :)

Thanks to Wulfgar, for coming to Black Dog Island to beat down the spiders we got, when we were all noobs and ran screaming for you in kchat, hehe.

Thank you Hexadecimal, for the first two healing covers I ever got in Wurm.. if you hadn't sailed all the way to Black Dog to save my sorry skin my first day of play, I would have died. To a cavebug.  ;D

Thanks to Serpentarius, for being willing to sail halfway across the map to save my stupid arse on a cliffside over water, stuck on climbing lest I fall into the water to my sure doom, and for all your advice and cheap goods.

There are so many more, but I am tired and can't think anymore. :)

Oh yeah, muchas gracias to Nardrak, and the half a dozen other people who have saved me and my alts from drowning. :P

Thank you Blacklotus for taking my friend and me into your village and letting us build a rowboat in safety.

Thank you Snakegal for giving me my first butchering knife.

Thank you Pentaxpilot and Rodan for helping me find my corpse when I'd wandered far away from home, and for being great neighbours.  And more recently, thank you Rodan for risking your life with that champion lava spider  ;D.

Thank you ntstalker (I think that was the name) for the sailboat ;D

Thank you Tokeiito, Julepalme, Aiyana, Napster, Kahzul and Nozil for being great neighbours.

Thank you Morghor and Zorkyntha for being fantastic neighbours.

We would like to thank

We = Doombiscuit's & Smokeybears's & Redbearing's groups

Ultimarus

Elwood: For taking us in and showing us the ropes.

Mamadarkness: For teaching us how to Terraform.

Pingpong: For showing us how to plan a mine and helping us get max skill gains.

- Thank you for taking us in -

PCG

To long ago to remember the exact villager name

M something - For helping us in our travels from Ultimarus to new town we started (3 boats rides and 1 body recovery)

and PCG for scaring me ****less with that Champ troll that looks like it isn`t in a cage (it died since)

Fobro - For staying that extra day (for free) to max cast out mailbox after we were making fun of delivering stuff.

Ebonvoid , Quiclen and group around new galaway - for giving our second group a place to make a town.

Ebonvoid - Traveling with the 2nd group to 1st groups town a total of 6 times already

And then Melinda - or new mayor - thanks for starting the town back up after your Boyfriend left the game.

ALL CA's  & DEV's- just because we can never thank you enough for all the help you provide to all players on a daily bases

MR. Bloodworth - Man you are a fun art dev. HATS and Welcoming Zombies (Hope you don`t mind that we have one's body in cold storage).

And Last but not least , all the Froobs that make me laugh with your funny problems. (Best was "How do I kill a Champion brown bear, will a Carving knife do?" - at least (s)he asked in CA Help)

Where do I start...ok here goes.

The village of Silent Hill for taking me in when I first premmed up, Ripsipiirakka for sailing to Samling to pick me up, Maxium [i think it was] for helping me retrieve my corbita from the western side of Cave Canal, Zuperman and Vandle for the helpful tips on grinding weapon smithing, and to all others who have aided and assisted me thus far and everyon else for just being cool

I'd like to thank Xallo for being a dear friend  :)

I'd like to thank Kaih, Zuperman - and of course all the other PE guys - you guys are awesome!

Fooli, thanks for giving us a place to live when we most needed it.

Zaz and WKM - becuase you guys are great company.

Aeris, thank you for letting us bathe in your divine light of muscular manliness.

I may not live on Freedom anymore but still...

Thank You:

Sgtscum - for premming my main and priest many times and for being the best mayor and friend to stick around with.  8)

Movu/Penta - for being great neighbors when I was living near the tundra. :D

Silent Hill - for putting up with me when I log on my bros. priest  ;D

Othobrithol - for being one of my best customers.  :)

Steve - even though you were locked up you were still the only thing I feared most near my deed. ;)

and

Aeris, thank you for letting us bathe in your divine light of muscular manliness.

Thank you:

Akhenaten and all who live there

Wild: CAPSALOT we had an awesome time on Wild and on Zombie Mountain

Staff Team beeing a CA is the best

Mr. Bloodworth for the Zombie attacks

All who helped at the Akhenaten Tournament

Poseidon for an awesome unique tour on the Test server

Wont be able to list them all but:

MD for helping to move the troll king to Frontier, and always being helpful.

Rodan my co-mayor for building all the roads at the deed and being an awesome friend :)

Jock just for being Jock

Berris, willow, tamorlane, zuperman, lancelot, libertha, whykillme, monday, darkmalice, pashika, tokiieto, and loads of others for being cool people :)

Also all my friends on wild for making it fun.

And also to everyone in general for making the game what it is today.

Regards

Elite

Thanks to Zuperman, Traxx, and the rest of the PE guys for supplying me with various smithing supplies when i needed it, and raw resources.

Thanks to Dadd, for offering to help me out if i ever needed it.

Thanks to Lancelot for being a cool dude.

Thanks to Norad, Nefretiti, Posteh/Wwiiol, Olorin, Mortal/Baenre, Xallo, Alyeska, for being general cool folk that hung around my deed.

Thanks to Pashka, Kadore, Garick, and Marah for always being there when i needed help, for providing me with horses and statuettes, etc etc etc

Thanks to Battlepants and Figs. The most BA people on freedom. You two have given me a home countless times, Figs you have been a constant entertainer that has never ceased to amaze me. Battlepants you have constantly provided me with anything that can be created by smithing along with free enchants, and on top of that, the items you made me have been completely free for the years i have known you. I cannot thank you enough.  8)

Thanks to MD aka the Chongaa for various insight on things.

Thanks to the Bros for giving me an experience in wurm i will never forget. Was a hell of a ride.

Thanks to Elite for letting me experience Freedom with a good deed that you gave me all the permissions and let me do what i want freely with it, it encouraged me to stay on freedom for a long time. (Saltwater.)

Thanks to Schiann, for well cotton whenever i ran out. lol.

Thanks to Zaz, for being magranons tru thug and probably one of my best buds in wurm.

Thanks to Felthanne for whatever reason thats not coming to me right now, but its something, i just cant think of it at the moment lol.

Thanks to Fooli for helping me out with horseshoes and keeping me entertained over various wurm allnighters.

Thanks to Maluraq for helping me learn about freedom and getting around the server when i came back to the game. Good friend mate, known you for a long time.

So Friday is my two month anniversary as a Wurmian.  Im still so newb it's painful :)

Even with such a short history I have some big thank you's that must be recognized because without them.. I would not have stayed beyond that first 24 hrs played time in the FM/Howl.

Bachos!  For coming to FM to get me after I died in the wilderness to a huge scorpion.. for building my well that I huddled next to after dark during my first week of wurmian nights in the wilderness.. and showing me the perfect spot for Windsong Farm.

Becket and Asidecay!  Becket for too many reasons to list and both of you for being gentlemen :)  Thank you Becket!! Daily!

And you!!  The grumpiest, most reclusive hermit on all of the continent of Freedom.  My savior, mentor, friend and really one of the nicest people Ive ever met in online gaming.  I wasn't going to say your name because you know who you are, but credit and thanks are deserved Max :)  And just so everyone else knows.. I owe unending thanks to Maximilus! 

A massive thank you to Spirit for offering me a place to stay and for lighting my deed and generally helping me find my feet.

A big thanks to all the guys up at Free Bears for everything they do, especially Darkdeej and Demonix who are always happy to lend a hand :)

A massive thank you to all the teachers I've had at the Academy over the years, that have helped me educate roughly 100 new players in my time, through the deed :) It means alot guys!

A massive thank you to Spirit for offering me a place to stay and for lighting my deed and generally helping me find my feet.

A big thanks to all the guys up at Free Bears for everything they do, especially Darkdeej and Demonix who are always happy to lend a hand :)

HAha, I'm sure Blackdeej will be happy with that one ;)

My thanks go to the Freebears crew (Specifically Tealc, Lola and Willow, but the rest too) who took in a budding Mag champ (champs were taken out [more or less] about a week before I was ready...) and let me mine tunnels all through the rock under the deed uncovering god knows how many more zinc veins.

Also to Theoldknight who lent my new alt a rowing boat to get to Freebears. Oh, and I believe it was also you who helped direct me to where I thought a noob was trapped in a cave (turned out I'd got the wrong local deed and I was half a map away anyway *sigh* - at least I tried :P ).

I know this is the Freedom thanks thread, but I feel I should say thanks to Tony, Skari, FarmerBob and the rest of the MH crew that was around when I arrived. I'm still up there, tending my fields :P

Oh, and I'm starting on repairing that tunnel now!

HAha, I'm sure Blackdeej will be happy with that one ;)

Doh, brain hiccup...

Wait, no..i mean, i meant to write that...i was trying to be politically correct ;) j/k