Sign in to follow this  
dyf

making meditation skillgain easier

i've been thinking why is meditation skillgain so hard i mean at the time i could reach lvl 7 on my path i got from 20-30 meditation skill that seems like its gna be very hard to get high skill in it you have to play for years. though i think that the timer on leveling up is fine but the skillgain is too hard to get and its only a few people who got high enough meditation skill that is able to get use of the higher lvls which takes years to be able to get so i think it should be made easier

Seems fine to about low forties (I have two accounts at that level) but very slow after that.  However the powers you get are sick, so it certainly should not be easy! 

0 - 50 is certainly doable within the time you have to wait to get to the question that needs 50 skill (if you see what I mean) and hitting the skill requirements before that is a cakewalk.

0 - 50 is certainly doable within the time you have to wait to get to the question that needs 50 skill (if you see what I mean) and hitting the skill requirements before that is a cakewalk.

well if just the skillgain would be made easier and the timer could be maked longer

One thing to remember is that path progressions is easy for everyone except the first one along each path. Each question has five answers and if you get it wrong several times thats quite a while to spend skilling meditation for the next question while you sort out the current.

24 days for each wrong answer.  :-\

Of course if you were to change path then you'd also have plenty of skilling time as you spend the months answering questions......

How so? You only get 5 meditation attempts per day, normally only 1 of those is successful for me, maybe 2, with an exquisite rug 70ql 70coc. At this, I gain in sleep bonus, 0.16 roughly experience. So in a week I perhaps get 7 successful meditations. 0.16 x 7 = 1.12 roughly; if the cool down timer is 24 days per level, which is being 3 weeks 3 days, I should only gain 3.84 skill in that time. How can I possibly get to the skill in that time? By the way, I'm 37 meditation.

danny, you sir need a lower QL rug.  shoot that thing out of a catapult and repair it a time or two.

70QL is great for getting questions, but lower QL rugs are better for skillgain from what i've seen.

I have a similar rug to you Danny and I am at 45 with 6 weeks until the question where I need 50.

I might not make it, but I think I will.  Started with zero and went straight to 20 and jumped on my path so it's a 'real time' test post-rules change.  Until 42-43 it wasn't even slow I thought.

56 coc rug, sleep bonus and 5 times a day got me to 50 skill and still withing the time frame of each question. (well, 4 days off level 9, but I missed a few weekends worth of meditating).

danny, you sir need a lower QL rug.  shoot that thing out of a catapult and repair it a time or two.

just throw it in a burning forge for a bit and take it out at desired ql... not that i believe ql does anything for skillgain at all, i rather think ql has no effect on the RNG for skill ticks.

I'm having no trouble keeping ahead of the time it takes....im nearly at skill 50 in the time it took to get to the 4th or 5th meditation level lol

i have no doubt i can get to 70 before i reach level 11 of my chosen path. just use all your chances and you'll get some good gains :)

just throw it in a burning forge for a bit and take it out at desired ql... not that i believe ql does anything for skillgain at all, i rather think ql has no effect on the RNG for skill ticks.

I can confirm that QL really does make a difference, I shaved away 30ql of quality and I'm seeing consistently better gains. This with an ordinary meditating rug.

I can confirm that QL really does make a difference, I shaved away 30ql of quality and I'm seeing consistently better gains. This with an ordinary meditating rug.

This is good news to me (besides Serpentarius, you and a very few others i wouldn't believe it)!

I can still get 0 gain days (like today  :-\ ) but on the whole I now expect two or three ticks a day.

Hi,

skill gain above the 40's seems to be strange. Or nearly not existent, compared to other skills.

Have fun!

I can still get 0 gain days (like today  :-\ ) but on the whole I now expect two or three ticks a day.

Exactly, if we are going to have skill limitations like gaining faith, at least make the gains more consistent. It still boggles the mind thinking of people with even 50+ meditation.

nah, its not that bad....when i baught Zaz, he had 8 meditating, within the month i had 45....took a break from it recently (had no rug, and been moving etc...) but it honestly is very easy :P

Oh yeah getting to 20 is a cake walk. To 30 is so-so.

+1

Agree with this. But as always, dont overdo the gain, just a tad more skillgain.

Up to 50 its not that hard to do, high coc and sleep bonus make a big difference, you just have to keep plugging. As you progress over 50 it is slower and harder but that shouldn't be an issue, the rewards are worth it.  One day I will reach level 11 on hate and I'm really interested in finding out what the skill will be but its many months away.

I just had a bad patch, 3 days no gains..... damn!  and when that happens I can see how the "make it easier" approach can appeal but if we do that then the abilities have to be toned down. What Rolf has coded is meant to be pretty rare.

I would say that one of the biggest issues for me is time. With praying at 20 mins apart I have to be on for just over 80 minutes to do all five. With meditates at 30 mins I have to be on for at least 120 mins to get all initial meditate opportunities then with the 3 hour pause between attempts I *might* have an opportunity to do one more if I log in before I go to work in the morning which I'm not prepared to do. Simply removing the 3 hour thing and allow attempts every 30 minutes until the 5 are done should be enough. After all if I fail the initial five attempts, to make another five I still need to be on-line another 150 minutes and without guarantee of gaining.

BUMP +1

But, instead make it so that if you have over 20 then you can meditate on same tile 5 times per day.

The old rules was there so people couldnt just stand still and spam meditating, with the new rules 5 gains per day then 3 hours per gain We dont need that rule anymore.

The old rules was there so people couldnt just stand still and spam meditating, with the new rules 5 gains per day then 3 hours per gain We dont need that rule anymore.

I agree.

If you meditate in RL you make yourself a comfortable place - you don't run around and drop your rug in random places.

BUMP +1

But, instead make it so that if you have over 20 then you can meditate on same tile 5 times per day.

I've been paying attention to where I get gains and I've noticed a "diminishing returns" thing on places I use frequently. Going a good distance, at least one local's worth seems to give me better gains again. It just seems there is a little more to the location stuff than just move 10 tiles and try again, as if you build up an area memory too.