Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Fighting system feedback

Yup, again it's not hard to clarify skill gain is very fast BELOW 70.  But ABOVE 70 the skill just... does not tick.  I can train on a horse for hours literally before gaining 0.01 normal, but I'll easily gain a couple points of defensive or aggressive.

Yup, again it's not hard to clarify skill gain is very fast BELOW 70.  But ABOVE 70 the skill just... does not tick.  I can train on a horse for hours literally before gaining 0.01 normal, but I'll easily gain a couple points of defensive or aggressive.

Maybe for e real warrior horses arent really a trainign situraion to gain more Experience.

Tried it on a champ cave bug and champ bear, same problem.  Are those not tough enough either?

With the stronger creatures you cant really train on anything harder than a wolf because everything can attack up to 4 times a second. And it was perfectly fine to train on foals/horses/cattle before, if the mechanics changed then someone might want to clarify how to get any skill over 70, its a slap in the face saying that the speed got increased while its clearly not the case and its been like that for months now.

I can also confirm that skill over 70 is next to nothing, no matter what I fight.

EDIT: Subskills, that is.

Thats odd, I get about 2x as much fs from stuff I kill after the change. Shield skill is rocketing up, sub fs skills increase about the same, and weapon skill gain is also about the same as before.

Weapon skillgain (over 70 atleast) seems way harder, and the same with fighting subskills.

Having my normal fighting at 88,64 and it would take me like 300 hours to get it to 90 now.

Weapon skillgain (over 70 atleast) seems way harder, and the same with fighting subskills.

Having my normal fighting at 88,64 and it would take me like 300 hours to get it to 90 now.

yup, i would go further and say weapon subskills seem to brick wall at about 65ish now, and from my own testing i would say 300 hours for that joe might be a little on the low side of an estimation.

Ok I said it before, numerous times, but we are talking about sub fighting skills, like normal fighting, defensive and aggressive fighting at around 70 skill. You can train for many hours and get about 0,01, while it was fine before those updates, even though the update notes said that the speed at which you gain it got increased.

I stopped training defensive fighting because it was just a waste of time, I picked up aggressive fighting and now at around 70 its like a brick wall again, and I cycle through many creatures to avoid that annoying skillgain stall too. The curve to gain it is absolutely too steep at higher levels.

On the other side, the main fighting skill gains fine, shield gains are fine, only shield bashing needs to have its cooldown removed for PvE or have its skillgain increased, dont doom new people.

And of course, finally fix the "glances off armor" for creatures like wolves, bears, spiders, trolls and nearly every other creature. You can hit a wolf on the head and your hit would just go poof because it glanced off its armor.

I have 70+ defensive, I just grinded it for 1½ hour, and gained 0,20, seems resonable to me.

Most I get with shieldtraining for like an hour with like almost 90 normal is like .009

Then its apparently more messed up or changed than I thought, at 80+ defensive I gained about 0,02 for 5 hours. And shield skill is still fine, always was for me.

I did try a lot of things to get reasonable gains again, nothing worked so far, and why would I need to do it completly different now, training on any creature was fine before, even to 90 fighting stance skill.

Update notes said gains got increased, not "Do the rain dance, sacrifice a goat and run in circles 3 times to get skill now"

Basically from what i see (believe me i pen train on animals a LOT) all 3 fighting subskills are harder to gain now, A LOT SLOWER on all accounts. Shield bashing is IMPOSSIBLE to grind because of the cooldown. Weaponskill over 70 is as good as impossible to gain skill in anymore and finally we STILL have to deal with the retardo skillgain stall when training defensive or aggressive on any animal and suddenly stopping gaining any skill after about 20 minutes.

That's strange cause on one of my accounts I was shield training with normal fighting and I gained like .50 normal fighting in about an hour and its over 70 normal fighting

Possible you can make the mobs animate a little bit example swing the sword or casting magic. It's boring to see them standing there like a statue. Add in these would make the game fun to play and addict.

Possible you can make the mobs animate a little bit example swing the sword or casting magic. It's boring to see them standing there like a statue. Add in these would make the game fun to play and addict.

Browse the forums more before asking for something they are already working on, have been for a year now.

Not to mention, you asked for this in 2 threads now.

Since 3.1 and upwards, the last few updates...I have noticed something different about the animals in Deli.

They are harder. Not by a huge amount, but definitely some. For example going out and hunting every day, I used to occasionally get swarmed say by 2 spiders and a mountain lion or wolves.

These I could kill without dying. Now, it's run for it. As in, certain death. Also I used to be able to kill a bear without barely a scratch. Now they deal out medium wounds to me.

I sailed to exo recently and it felt like the old days, killing those animals was easier than on deli. I could see that. There hasn't been any mention of it, so I wondered if it was unintentional or possibly even a bug. I thought I would describe it here just in case.  I don't mind the change, I just have to be more careful now. But it's good for my FS either way that they are a bit tougher.

PS: I have 40 FS, I use dual longswords 80ql and 60ql studded leather armor with 50 AOSP on it. Aggressive fighting.

Deli used to only spawn young cratures, only in remote locations did they survive long enough to become anything more then mature.

Recently I have seen a lot more older creatures. It seems, they also spawn that way now.

Have you checked the ages when fighting? maybe thats why they seem harder to you now.

I too find that the animals (or at least some of them) have become harder. Yet again.

For new fighters, low-fs fighters, and non-prems it really can't be fun anymore (except for some die-hard fighter-types). It is getting harder and harder to 'climb the ladder' up to where you can finaly fight with a good chance of survival (always running really isn't fun...)/ Plus the choice of animals is getting more and more dull as the different species get tweaked out of range of lower fighters one by one.

Please Rolf, leave the lower animals alone or tone them down again. Give the new players and the not-yet-prems, who often only have self-made weapons and armor too (or in case of non-prems doesnt matter what they have, they still act as QL 20), a fair chance to have fun too. I am afraid that the difficulty of the animals is really part of why many leave wurm again, finding it just too hard to get to the skills where things start to get a bit easier to do. Without good weapon and armor (which many don't have and can't afford so soon) even one single wolf can kill a player - heck even one cavebug can do that. Even a rat can send a player who hasnt been around very long yet, and only has the beginnerweapon, running.

I think you would need to keep the interest of not-so-good fighters in mind up to say bears. Tweak those down again, I think. Then keep the middle-difficulty animals as they are now, not any harder anymore. And sure, tweak some kinds up and up and up for the highest-level fighters, if that is needed to keep them happy. Just keep a 'ladder' in existence, with some variety at each step of it, so players can gradually climb it as to fighting. And better not put the first step at head-height ;)

I too find that the animals (or at least some of them) have become harder. Yet again.

I made an alt, he could kill everything with 10 fs and on a horse. The hardest mob to kill was a scared unicorn.

Give us back the champion trolls and greenish scorps etc.

When I was a new player I had tons of funs escaping from them and later on tons of fun hunting them down. Now hunting is as exciting as watching paint dry.

Deli used to only spawn young cratures, only in remote locations did they survive long enough to become anything more then mature.

Recently I have seen a lot more older creatures. It seems, they also spawn that way now.

Have you checked the ages when fighting? maybe thats why they seem harder to you now.

Oh yes, I did check the ages. I am talking about young ones only. I have seen some adolescent and mature even old creatures walking about, but they are always starving status and this can be an advantage in some cases. I've always wondered how anything gets old since most things just seem to be starving to death anyway. What do they eat??

Oh yes, I did check the ages. I am talking about young ones only. I have seen some adolescent and mature even old creatures walking about, but they are always starving status and this can be an advantage in some cases. I've always wondered how anything gets old since most things just seem to be starving to death anyway. What do they eat??

They spawn with a middle tier fat level, lose it in the first 3 days and then stay starving, in general without ever eating, until venerable. Otherwise nothing would get past young.

They spawn with a middle tier fat level, lose it in the first 3 days and then stay starving, in general without ever eating, until venerable. Otherwise nothing would get past young.

So it sounds like any creature mature and older is starving and not as much of a challenge. It would seem if there were venerable creatures out there to fight who are in fact not starving, this would be more of a challenge. One that those with higher FS might actually benefit from.

If there was a good mixture of ages from young to venerable who weren't starving status for all levels of FS to practice on...would be nice. Except that once again, it goes back to the thick layer of dead animals surrounding deeds with spirit templars, attracting all the animals in the area to join in the death layer. They never had a chance to grow older. Only in the most remote areas do I occasionally find an older animal but it's always starving.

we STILL have to deal with the retardo skillgain stall when training defensive or aggressive on any animal and suddenly stopping gaining any skill after about 20 minutes.

I tought that was just me...

Also why does fighting skill drastically slow down after 70? Seriously [15:38:59] Fighting increased by 0.200 to 70,192 That was from an aged raging lava spider. Now right after that [15:40:27] Fighting increased by 0.00515 to 70,1968 from a young raging lava spider. Thats a drastic slowdown in FS gain. It should become slower and slower not fast until 70 then impossible after 70...