Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Fighting system feedback

animals have many attacks in 1 second, you might parry 3 of them, but there might be 4 and one gets in and you get hurt, currently a PLAYER only has 1 attack, so if a shield/weapon parries then the hit is stopped from a player but NOT from an animal/creature.

animals have many attacks in 1 second, you might parry 3 of them, but there might be 4 and one gets in and you get hurt, currently a PLAYER only has 1 attack, so if a shield/weapon parries then the hit is stopped from a player but NOT from an animal/creature.

Er not true.  Using my own personal logs from the other day:

[17:02:35] Kellyt easily parries with a longsword.

[17:02:35] You miss with the longsword.  <--- sword parry and miss

[17:02:41] Qaay tries to pierce you but you raise your shield and parry.

[17:02:41] You easily parry with your longsword.   <--- shield parry and parry with sword

[17:04:57] Kellyt safely parries with a longsword.

[17:04:57] You pierce Kellyt deadly hard in the right thigh and harm it.  <--- sword parry but I still hit

[17:05:02] Hubix tries to maul you but you raise your shield and parry.

[17:05:02] Hubix mauls you deadly hard in the chest and damages it.  <--- shield parry but I still got hit

And those logs from that troll are my own that I posted on the HoM forums.  I can assure you those are partial parries, and not more than one attack.

Sums it up, Joemog how can you dispute this?

Looks like a parry bug to me but what do I know?

I doubt it's a bug. Probably something about how hard the hit is and your weaponskill.

Atleast now there's a reason to get more than 50 weapon skill.

Whether or not something is a bug is ultimately up to the designer(s) to decide. We simply point out any wonky-seeming behavior.

You guys are just... wow.  It's not a bug.  It's nothing to do with "this or that".

It was in the freakin' news.

Parrying with shields and weapons should occur more frequently again. Sometimes a successful parry only reduces the success chance of your opponent instead of fully blocking. Your skill will cause greater chances of deflection

It's merely a horrible update, granted, just my opinion!

The event messages should atleast be modified to fit the current mechanics.

[17:04:57] You pierce Kellyt deadly hard in the right thigh and harm it.

"safely parries" and "pierce Kellyt deadly hard" doesnt really mix togheter...

You guys are just... wow.  It's not a bug.  It's nothing to do with "this or that".

Parrying with shields and weapons should occur more frequently again. Sometimes a successful parry only reduces the success chance of your opponent instead of fully blocking. Your skill will cause greater chances of deflection

You guys are just... wow.  It's not a bug.  It's nothing to do with "this or that".

I said in an earlier post shields are taking way too much damage per block. An 80 ql shield means nothing currently, as it takes 1 damage per hit. Fighting a troll of any description renders it useless after a few battles. I also feel that fight skill, weapon and shield skill should rise in accordance with eachother. Maybe I'm wrong there.

I said in an earlier post shields are taking way too much damage per block. An 80 ql shield means nothing currently, as it takes 1 damage per hit. Fighting a troll of any description renders it useless after a few battles. I also feel that fight skill, weapon and shield skill should rise in accordance with eachother. Maybe I'm wrong there.

0.1 damage. It's the minimum for all shields per block. I think it should be reduced to 0.05

I think that rather a base level it damages per hit at what ever ql, i think that the higher the QL, the less damage it takes per hit. This gives an incentive to imp shield up more and will allow you to maintain the same QL for longer.

I think that rather a base level it damages per hit at what ever ql, i think that the higher the QL, the less damage it takes per hit. This gives an incentive to imp shield up more and will allow you to maintain the same QL for longer.

Yes that suggestion would be more appropriate.

Welcome back Rolf, now fix all the issues in this thread please.

The event messages should atleast be modified to fit the current mechanics.

[17:04:57] You pierce Kellyt deadly hard in the right thigh and harm it.

"safely parries" and "pierce Kellyt deadly hard" doesnt really mix togheter...

So, any news on the bugs? I still get "Your hit glances off the armor off a young wolf/bear/every other creature", parry still is borked, and I still wont gain even 0,01 defensive fighting in hours.

So, any news on the bugs? I still get "Your hit glances off the armor off a young wolf/bear/every other creature", parry still is borked, and I still wont gain even 0,01 defensive fighting in hours.

Odd, my defenive fighting is fine , however as soon as I switch to normal(which i have high skill in) I gain practically nothing.

Rolf also please check res stones, it seems everyone is keeping their stuff these days.

About the extremly low skillgain, I can confirm it starts at around 70 skill, I did quit training defensive fighting and worked on aggressive instead, and now I got the same problem, although the update notes a while ago said it was increased, looks like the curve is too steep at higher skills.

And while we are at fighting system bugfixes, the shield bash cooldown is poison for any new player, even without cooldown it was horrible to reach 40 skill in it, now I dont want to imagine doing that.

Bump, wont let this drop, I wasted weeks because I can not get defensive fighting any higher, then I switched to aggressive fighting which is now close to 70 and its starting to go extremly slow too.       

The update said that subskills were made faster, not a bit faster at lower skill ( I did not even notice that ) and a 99% slowdown at higher skill. I tried different creatures as well, at least all the creatures you can still train on, the sometimes 4 times a second attacking trolls for example are not a possible creature to train on, not that I saw any faster gains anyway.

I would like to finally see a change or an answer to this.

And at what range of skill level? It is doable at lower level, like I showed with aggressive fighting, but at 70 its a total waste of time. It looks like the curve is too steep.

Yup, again it's not hard to clarify skill gain is very fast BELOW 70.  But ABOVE 70 the skill just... does not tick.  I can train on a horse for hours literally before gaining 0.01 normal, but I'll easily gain a couple points of defensive or aggressive.