Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Fighting system feedback

I seem to gain defensive skill quite fast. I've tried shield training on horses, and normal PVE hunting with the same result.

How are you testing, Febur?

I just train on foals like I did before, and to avoid the skillgain stall I switch them every few minutes. I got it up to a higher level and I always watched the gains in all the weeks, I changed nothing regarding the training, but I just finished another 5+ hour training and I got whooping 0,014 defensive fighting for it.

It seems to me that at lower levels its faster, mostly all the people that say its still good skill are under 60, but at higher level it gets a MASSIVE slowdown now. I'd say the skillgain curve is extremly steep now at higher skills.

As a sidenote, someone in this thread said he got the decreased skillgain in normal fighting as well, probably because he got high skills there.

And another sidenote, aggressive fighting gain is fine for me, its under 50 though.

Febur

please try anything 'better' than a foal and repost with your findings.

I suggest something like a troll or scorpion.

Eh, there is no real training on a troll or anything similar with the new fast hitting creatures, but I tried an aged alert dog, an aged greenish dog and a venerable horse, always got the same extremly low skillgain.

I guess you did not change your training methods as well, Joemog? It just got extremly bad after the update, and perhaps you have somewhat higher skill in it as well?

I gained around 0,10 defensive fighting in a whole day at 70+ defensive fighting.

Not sure how long that was, maybe 10 + - hours.

Oh and I was changing between foals, horses and bulls.

Anyway, I lost my interest for now in Wurm after shield skil and sub skills was made harder to gain and now you need to bash lairs to 90 fs to be good in pvp.

Ahh yeah that seems really broken, guess it really comes into play at higher levels then. But I did not see a shield gain nerf, its the only skill I gain plenty when training defensive :) (who knows if its the same for other people though)

Ah yeah sorry, I mean shield skill was made faster I think for a bit less than 2 weeks ago.

Now it seems pretty normal but I liked faster :P

(Not so fast it was actually fun to do but better than it is now)

Anyway, I lost my interest for now in Wurm after shield skil and sub skills was made harder to gain and now you need to bash lairs to 90 fs to be good in pvp.

That's not true either.

It's possible to gain fs past 70 simply by hunting. (And in a reasonable amount)

The skillgains of animals have been upped by like 3 times. And we've 40k total spawns instead of 20k.

Go figure.

And just cause 1 person has had 90 PvP, who moved to Freedom, doesn't mean everyone else has to have it.

Why are people such babies when it comes to pvp requirements? Just go as you are, with your skills and and you'll help.

That's not true either.

It's possible to gain fs past 70 simply by hunting. (And in a reasonable amount)

The skillgains of animals have been upped by like 3 times. And we've 40k total spawns instead of 20k.

Go figure.

And just cause 1 person has had 90 PvP, who moved to Freedom, doesn't mean everyone else has to have it.

Could you try shield training for some time and let us know your fighting sub skill gains? :)

And yes off course you can help in pvp with 70 fs but I don't think any non priest with just 70 fs will do really good.

That's not true either.

Go figure.

Could you try shield training for some time and let us know your fighting sub skill gains? :)

And yes off course you can help in pvp with 70 fs but I don't think any non priest with just 70 fs will do really good.

Want to know my stats alongside? ;)

I've no uber 70+ subskills though, so I can't check them out.

But in the lower range, it works just fine.

I am pretty sure works in the upper range as well.. Just gotta check what you're fighting.

For example, I wasn't gaining any defensive of horses at all, but of foals - I guess that's because of the lesser dmg in def.

For example, I wasn't gaining any defensive of horses at all, but of foals - I guess that's because of the lesser dmg in def.

Exactly what i am guessing: you need to get at least a minimum damage to gain skill. foal/calf/dog/rat/cat just dont deal enough damage.

Go try a bear if you fear the troll.

The point is that the update said that Fightstyle skillgain speed was increased, which is definately not the case at higher skill levels, and training on foals. Training on foals was perfectly fine before the update, I would have not reached higher levels in it if it wasnt working.

It may be that you now have to train on other creatures for higher skill levels, but I have yet to find a suitable one for reasonable skillgain, and of course the 3-4 attacks a second from creatures makes it really worse, as any stronger one is a no go for training.

So for me it is not working as intended, and obviously for others with higher skill as well. And as this thread is about the fighting system and its updates I think it belongs here.

I know Rolf likes to keep things a bit secret, which is fine in some areas, but not when it comes to wasting even more time to get skills.

Honestly, 0,016 skill for over 5 hours is not ok, I gained way more before the update with the same conditions.

Why are people such babies when it comes to pvp requirements? Just go as you are, with your skills and Ā and you'll help.

Pretty much, in most combat numbers matter more.

Fight system is broke. Blocking with a shield is non existent as creatures and guards hit 5 times in a second (your lucky if you parry, dodge, block and glance and only one hits). Normal trolls, if lucky can take out a 70fs player with good armour and weps.

The new changed has spiralled wild into a non pvp server. The only kills i hear about are noobs being killed by far superior accounts.

Sigh.

Also, crotch hits do 30damage through 80ql chain.

[01:18:10] You skillfully parry with your small maul.

[01:18:10] Adolescent starving troll mauls you deadly hard in the chest and damages it.

[01:18:25] You skillfully parry with your small maul.

[01:18:25] Adolescent starving troll mauls you deadly hard in the right calf and damages it.

[01:19:00] You skillfully parry with your small maul.

[01:19:00] Adolescent starving troll mauls you deadly hard in the stomach and damages it.

^

This....this is retarded.

Tell me about it:

[13:32:00] Young starving champion black bear mauls you hard in the right shoulder and irritates it.

[13:32:00] Young starving champion black bear bites you extremely hard in the head and harms it.

[13:32:00] Young starving champion black bear mauls you hard in the head and irritates it.

How is this even possible ??

How is this even possible ??

love hug. 2 paws and his bite.

Aye, all those "strange" moments add up.

For example:

You initiate a fight against a young troll on a horse, a few seconds in the troll somewhow manages to hit you 4 times in a second, you somehow parried one attack but still got hit by it with full force, then you think it might be your turn, you hit the head of the troll but it just glances off his armor (happens with every aggressive creature I encountered, on every body part, and surely does not make sense), then you get hit by another machinegun combo of him and you have to retreat after about 30 seconds, in 80QL+ chain, on a horse, with a large shield and plenty skill in it.

Dont want to imagine a 4 time hit from an older troll or even a champion one, sure they might have less CR when dominated but with the gank bonus they will probably send you home in a matter of seconds.

I'm not really having any problems, just use a life transfer sword or go multiple people out? :)

[01:18:10] You skillfully parry with your small maul.

[01:18:10] Adolescent starving troll mauls you deadly hard in the chest and damages it.

[01:18:25] You skillfully parry with your small maul.

[01:18:25] Adolescent starving troll mauls you deadly hard in the right calf and damages it.

[01:19:00] You skillfully parry with your small maul.

[01:19:00] Adolescent starving troll mauls you deadly hard in the stomach and damages it.

^

This....this is retarded.

Defensive stance rocks :D

I had a guy with 1.01 FS lived through a whole fight with a troll and a guard and I had aggro 50% of the time I think.

Its not that imbalanced though (I think). Tritus comes out of a fight with a yuong croc at around 25% health and no retreating to bandage.

Defensive till I get focus then Normal. Semms to work as I intuitivelys expect.

You guys are maybe spoiled and want a two second fight for no FS instead of a 30 second fight for some FS?

FS gain was upped at least by 3x, why is it so bad that PvE mobs are harder to fight?

And also lol about wilders complaining that they can't raid a deed with 50 guards with 4 people (I watched that whine fest on IRC).

Maybe you should all give some feedback how it has impacted on PvP since Wild has died even more since Rolf started playing with fighting code.