Sign in to follow this  
Taokarr

A little bit about boats

Unless you like the casual sail around the lake to view the comings and goings and the what nots you probably use a boat for hauling valuable supplies to sale or to craft, Not much unlike a cart, be it large or small.

If someone comes on your deed and tries to take your cart, be it Large or small, they can neither drag nor steal items or the cart itself from your deed... however, Please come take my boat off my DEED because the developers of Wurm believe that a boat is fair game and a cart (which takes considerable less material to craft ) is safe and not stealable. Apparently Moored on DEED is not enough.. Apparently Paying real money per month for a deed means nothing in safety on freedom for that of the mariner items/crafts..

I think we need to re-evaluate our system here and put our priorities in order.. fine if we need to lock things.. but we don't even have to lock a gate if its on deed, nor a cart, nor an item box, nor a house, nor a anything.... but you have to lock a boat... <blink blink>

We shouldn't be posting here to find our STOLEN Boats/ Water Carts that were on the alleged Safety of DEED. we should have the comfort that we have for a small, simple CART that you can't take or steal. <blink blink again>

The rules regarding boats quite clearly state :-

" It is the owners responsibility to ensure that a boat is MOORED AND LOCKED " to make it secure .

If someone can't be bothered to lock thier boat and someone takes it , thats their fault  , whether it was moored or not .

If you have a suggestion to make regarding boats , please use the suggestions forum .

(Moving this to Freedom section)

Thanks

(Kediec - Community Moderator)

Unless you like the casual sail around the lake to view the comings and goings and the what nots you probably use a boat for hauling valuable supplies to sale or to craft, Not much unlike a cart, be it large or small.

If someone comes on your deed and tries to take your cart, be it Large or small, they can neither drag nor steal items or the cart itself from your deed... however, Please come take my boat off my DEED because the developers of Wurm believe that a boat is fair game and a cart (which takes considerable less material to craft ) is safe and not stealable. Apparently Moored on DEED is not enough.. Apparently Paying real money per month for a deed means nothing in safety on freedom for that of the mariner items/crafts..

I think we need to re-evaluate our system here and put our priorities in order.. fine if we need to lock things.. but we don't even have to lock a gate if its on deed, nor a cart, nor an item box, nor a house, nor a anything.... but you have to lock a boat... <blink blink>

We shouldn't be posting here to find our STOLEN Boats/ Water Carts that were on the alleged Safety of DEED. we should have the comfort that we have for a small, simple CART that you can't take or steal. <blink blink again>

We shouldn't be posting here to find our STOLEN Boats/ Water Carts that were on the alleged Safety of DEED if we took the time to lock it.

First rule of Wurm, lock it up, if it is not nail down to the ground, with a chain around it, it will be taken. Deeds are included here, just because you do have one don't mean you don't have to lock anything, you do, because if you don't, people will come in thru your unlock fence and will kill your animals.

Game rules are very clear like Kediec explain, so instead of making threads like this, that will 100% evolve into a flame fest, you should have spend the time reading the rules for the servers instead. I said lock it before it goes down hill.

It's not hard to lock and moor it, and make sure your permissions are properly set. If you failed to do those things, then your boat missing is 100% your fault, deed or not.

Locked to keep the information provided clean and up front.

just for the record.. if you leave a large cart, on your deed, unlocked, and outside of a building / locked fenced area... someone CAN lead horses on deed and hitch them to the cart and drive away. (and if you leave your own horses hitched to it, you just saved them a step.

lock both large carts and boats if you want the permissions enforced, and remember that vehicle permissions override deed permissions.